Counting Calories and 5:2

Today I have eaten a porridge in a mug thingy, Apple and blueberry flavour, a butternut and risotto soup and an apple taking my calories up to 509 for today so far.

I am off to some friends to watch the rugby this evening and to have a curry. I'm going to drive which will help with the wine intake and I think i will share a curry with my other half! That's the plan anyway.

I weighed in this morning, for the first time and I have lost half a stone making my weight now 13st 7lb, chuffed with that!

Ended up having a Chinese last night. We didn't get round my friends until late so I had half a tin of beans and an egg to keep me going at about 4 o'clock so I didn't eat far too much.

Choice of Chinese wasn't great as most of it was fried so I just ate a smaller amount and managed to be pretty much on my calorie target with 2024.

Today's food hasn't been too bad. I went for a costa with the girls this morning and had just a skinny latte (compared to what they had, a hot chocolate and a cake).

Breakfast
2x friend egg (low calorie spray) and some baked beans (232 kcal)

Medium skinny latte (109)

Lunch
Jamie Oliver's Moroccan salad mix with extra pepper, carrot, cucumber and beetroot (227)

Dinner
Some more of the above but with a fillet of salmon. I also had a very small price of sticky toffee pudding and icecream (988 kcal)

Total 1606/2000

My stomach is killing me know though, I think it's perhaps because of the sweet food I have had as I have been off it so long. I'm going to stay away from it as much as I can!

Hi - I'm also following 5:2 at the moment so I've come to sub to your diary. It's nice to "follow" someone who is on the same plan.

This is my second stint with 5:2 (I did it briefly before Christmas, but have since struggled to get back "on it") and lost 1st 7lb in around 6-7 weeks. So it really does work!

I've also got a diary in the Calorie Counting Diaries section, if you want to join me.

Good luck! x

Oh lovely, thanks I will find you :)

Food has been good over the last couple of days, I made a creme egg cake of which I have only eaten one small slice. I also went out for dinner last night and made a good choice of salmon, potatoes and salad.

Today was a fast day, not my normal Monday and Wednesday this week because of my meal out so I'm trying a back to back for the first time.

Today I have eaten:

Lunch
Weight watchers chicken, potato and leek soup (96kcal) 5 seafood sticks (85kcal) Jelly pot (10kcal)

I have just been swimming (66 lengths)

Dinners in the over, a good to yourself ready meal of chicken potatoes and vegetables (272kcal)

Total 464/500

Thanks :) Yes it was lovely and I have two eggs left .... I must resist! I might treat myself after my back to back if I still want it

Creme egg cake?!?! That sounds amazing!!! Great amount of lengths in the pool, well done :)

I agree - Creme Egg cake sounds amazing!! I love anything that involves Creme Eggs! Last year, for Valentine's Day, I made my OH some Creme Egg brownies. Yum!! x

Omg today was so hard! I am not a very happy bunny without food, I had a right grump on this afternoon lol

Lunch
A golden vegetable slim a soup (56kcal)

Dinner
Prawns in sweet chilli sauce with spinach, green beans and broccoli on 100g of brown pasta (364kcal)

I have enough calories left for a little bag of skinny popcorn which will make me finish on 498/500

God I can't wait to eat tomorrow, I'm off out to a noodle bar for dinner which I will definitely enjoy :) - no more back to backs for me I think!

Well done on a successful Fast! They can be tough, but that feeling of satisfaction once you've completed one is amazing. I always feel great the day after a fast - refreshed and full of life!

Enjoy your Feast day today, especially your meal out at the noodle bar. That sounds yum!! x

Well yesterday didn't really go to plan as my friends cancelled our noodle bar evening (I was gutted)

Breakfast
2 eggs scrambled with semi skimmed milk (173kcal)

Snacks
Medium banana, medium Apple and a digestive biscuit bar (312kcal)

Lunch
Subway salad with sweet onion chicken (229kcal)

Dinner
Lobster tail with a bulgar wheat salad and vegetables. Apple tart and custard

I didn't count my dinner but I'm sure it will be under my 2000 for the day.

Weigh in today and I have lost another 2lb bringing me down to 13st 5lb. I may treat myself to that creme egg today :)

Oh no!! I hate it when that happens. Hope you can rearrange for another time soon.

Well done on the 2lb loss - I definitely think that deserves a Creme Egg ;) xx

Omg I have had such a lovely weekend but eaten far too much, really looking forward to my fast tomorrow and to claw it back!

Morning hun, good luck with todays Fast xx

So today was a good day. I really needed it after the weekend that I have had. I went to chiquitos Friday night, Indian takeaway Saturday and roast yesterday .. Oops!

Today I only had a cup of soup right up until dinner so I had a chicken thigh and leg with a dry spice rub, veggies and a sweet chilli spelt (jamie Oliver's packet) which was lovely :)

I am one of those people who weighs every day but my scale batteries have died so I have ordered some online but it's killing me not to weigh lol

Back