Hann's IF Diary - 7 months and counting :)

Hi gorge,
Sorry your feeling ***** again, you poor old thing :-( Rest up, dose up and don't let it beat you!
Just thought I'd post this link after I mentioned the HIIT stuff. The link explains it in more detail but your right in that its a kind of couch to 10k principle. This website has some great stuff on it including 'clean' recipes which I've been having a ball with, so nice to cook from scratch :)
Get well soon lovely xxx

Oh thanks mlovely, that's a bit like me at work sending emails with mysterious non existent attachments ;) I'm going to do a cardio hiit session straight after my weights. Like to prioritise my strength and stamina for that then I can burn whatevers left on a bike or treadmill after!!!

Was gonna do some cardio today but my calves decided to completely fail on me. Pushed myself quite hard, upped my kettlebell from 8 to 12 on my double handed swing (single is still 8 though). Had a really damn good session but towards the end I felt my calves going, got on the vibrating plate and did some calve raises, and that's when they completely locked in a spasm. The holy grail of muscle failure. Might sound masochistic but that's exactly what I'm aiming for. I know ive pushed myself to the complete limit when I'm walking like a spaz because my legs have locked up. A nice hot hot shower released it all and I'm feeling remarkably fine. Until tomorrow no doubt!!!

Upping my protein on training days too, so hopefully that will help. Having a shake in morning, and one post workout. Gonna try and add some extra protein into my food diet too, nice big cheeky tuna sammich or something nice :p

I really don't even care one bit about the scales anymore, I've really hit that point again where I'm excited about using my body to its absolute limits. One of the pt's in my gym was giving me some funny looks (I've still got a bit of a chest infection so I was probably heaving for breath lol) but I really couldn't give a **** :p

I'm tempted to not weigh at all but I need a relatively recent weight reading to match up my progress on the body weight exercises. Might go to once every fortnight. Slowly but surely releasing my grip on all of the crazy diet **** that's been in my head for far too ****ing long. Hurrah.

So I will weigh on Saturday, then start my fortnightly weigh ins. :) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Blimey girly, thats some serious 'umph' you have applied to your workout today by the sounds of things! Well done! remember to be careful though, work hard but don't injure yourself like silly moi!
I like ur plan re the scales. I could never do it but i agree with it! If i don't weigh til fri that means ive managed a week which is a bloody achievement as im normally every other day! I think the balance of keeping an eye on things but not being a slave to the scales is v tricky!
If you try the HITT tomoz and have an ipod/phone try downloading this free appcalled 'seconds free.' You can set your intervals ie 20secs on, 10 off etc so it beeps when u need to change. Great on the bike, cross trainer or doing squats-most things really. Its just not great on treadmill as you can't change speed fast enough. I love it as you work your bollocks off but only for a few secs before rest :) Let me know how it goes sweet cheeks xxx

Ps give a s**t about pt's and other folk staring, i squeak like a rusty gate sometimes but least we know we r working hard an achieving somethig!

Caroline_Louise said:
Blimey girly, thats some serious 'umph' you have applied to your workout today by the sounds of things! Well done! remember to be careful though, work hard but don't injure yourself like silly moi!
I like ur plan re the scales. I could never do it but i agree with it! If i don't weigh til fri that means ive managed a week which is a bloody achievement as im normally every other day! I think the balance of keeping an eye on things but not being a slave to the scales is v tricky!
If you try the HITT tomoz and have an ipod/phone try downloading this free appcalled 'seconds free.' You can set your intervals ie 20secs on, 10 off etc so it beeps when u need to change. Great on the bike, cross trainer or doing squats-most things really. Its just not great on treadmill as you can't change speed fast enough. I love it as you work your bollocks off but only for a few secs before rest :) Let me know how it goes sweet cheeks xxx

Ps give a s**t about pt's and other folk staring, i squeak like a rusty gate sometimes but least we know we r working hard an achieving somethig!

Squeak like a rusty gate, love it xD

hannata said:
I really don't even care one bit about the scales anymore, I've really hit that point again where I'm excited about using my body to its absolute limits. One of the pt's in my gym was giving me some funny looks (I've still got a bit of a chest infection so I was probably heaving for breath lol) but I really couldn't give a **** :p

Hahaa I forgot my inhaler on Monday & I have a bad cold.. after my interval run loads of people were giving me those looks ;)

I could've done with my inhaler last night too lol!

I feel like I'm finally getting into the groove with my exercise again after being sick. I can feel my body changing a lot, I can actually feel muscles developing in my upper legs :eek: my shape is changing more than anything, slightly less lumpy and a lil bit more muscular in general :)

Well done you, keep going - I'm very much looking forward to joining you on Friday!!

Sorry to hear about your foot, Han. Suffer with my knee personally (fell up a flight of stone stairs in my early teens, and it's never been the same since), so imagine that can't be much fun. :( Hope all is good there soon, and hope you don't miss out on the gym. xx

Oooo...ham & pineapple. Gimme gimme gimme. lol.

bolero982 said:
Sorry to hear about your foot, Han. Suffer with my knee personally (fell up a flight of stone stairs in my early teens, and it's never been the same since), so imagine that can't be much fun. :( Hope all is good there soon, and hope you don't miss out on the gym. xx

Oooo...ham & pineapple. Gimme gimme gimme. lol.

Yeah I did that too, fell up an escalator step, cracked my left kneecap and tore open my right leg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/hlinton86/rawr-1.jpg - ill not directly link the pic as its a bit nasty looking lol xx

Hey Han!

Finally caught up on your diary. Sorry to hear you've been poorly lately, totes admire you for still sticking at it! (For me would be excuse for mega binging / comfort eating).

Ignore anyone who gives you funny looks, so not worth it. I used to avoid any kjnd of exercise in public with a passion. Now I (when I manage to kick my ass in gear!) try and go for a run every now & then. As I live in London (& not necessarily the nicest part!, never mind funny looks, I've been blatently mocked on more than one occasion! But being stubborn, that just makes me more dtermined :)

Hope ya get better soon lovely

x

Back