Hann's IF Diary - 7 months and counting :)

Your such a gym bunny!!!! I bloody love it!

Your doing fab. Your PT sounds cool. Ill be interested in the programme he's gonna show you.

I need to get in to an exercise routine!! Gonna start with some swimming over the weekend x x Hannah I wanna catch up with you!!! He he ;-)

Kettlebell swings are very much a hip/hamstring/quad movement, so I'm not sure.

I am knackered today, had a hard session at le gym. Think cause my quads and hams were still achy from last time I wasn't quite up to scratch. Intended to do the full 10-12-15 set I normally do but only ended up doing 10-12. So my next target is to get 10-12-15 :) (attached pic for reference)

Did full 10 set with no issues, got to 12rep clean and press (26 kg) and I started to struggle... Did 9 reps, but seemed to hit a wall after that. My body would not physically let me do any more with that weight!! I must have done about 10 deadlifts in an attempt to get a full clean but it wasn't happening!! So took the 10kg vipr out of the 16 and finished my set with the 16. Did all the rest of the 12 reps. Then grabbed a 8 kg kettlebell and did 30 swings in an attempt to add a bit more that I could do. :p

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3999862096.jpg
    image-3999862096.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 58
Indian sounds AMAZING....wish I wasn't skint!

Bloody hell woman!!! Get you!!! Lol x x don't think kettle bells for me then, ill be sticking to water stuff :)) followed your plan this week...so much more manageable!! Looking forward to a Chinese now :) hope that Indian is good :-D

I love the feeling of lifting! & how it makes your muscles feel.. was talking to my PT before how I lost loadsa weight but felt flabby and still fat.. but now I'm more determined to be strong and toned and I love it when I tense or feel my arms and can feel how toned, muscly they are.. makes you feel so much better then just weight loss! :)

I boast so much about being able to do 24 proper push ups, yet girls seem horrified by it! I love reading you love it too

You'd love rep out class on. Friday Hannah, it's an hour long and it's a full minutes, dead lifts, bicep curls, tricep curls, flys, skull crushers, etc with 20 sec break before the next set of whatever it absolutely burns but is brilliant he does it to loud rock music too.

I love the feeling of lifting! & how it makes your muscles feel.. was talking to my PT before how I lost loadsa weight but felt flabby and still fat.. but now I'm more determined to be strong and toned and I love it when I tense or feel my arms and can feel how toned, muscly they are.. makes you feel so much better then just weight loss! :)

I boast so much about being able to do 24 proper push ups, yet girls seem horrified by it! I love reading you love it too

Yeah we're one of few I reckon =P

I get plenty of looks in the gym for heaving heavy weights around, but **** them I'll do what I damn want. I dont care anyway, they're obviously not getting enough of a workout if they've time to watch me!

The freeweights area is always empty when I get there and the cardio machines always used (and my gym is BIG, theres at least 60 machines in the main area and another 10 in the "quiet room") so I get peace to throw around my kettlebells and viprs without people getting in the way! whoop! Going into the grown up HEAVYWEIGHTS area tomorrow and I am somewhat scared :p Thinking about investing in a barbell or asking the fam if they want to put together to get me a decent 20kg oly bar and I buy the weights myself. Then if I get a squat rack I'll have the freedom to do any weight training I please without the need for a spotter =)

You'd love rep out class on. Friday Hannah, it's an hour long and it's a full minutes, dead lifts, bicep curls, tricep curls, flys, skull crushers, etc with 20 sec break before the next set of whatever it absolutely burns but is brilliant he does it to loud rock music too.

Sounds brill, don't think I have a class like that in my gym but there is a body pump class :) Might try it if I'm feeling like a change :)

Hi Hannah, you're really ploughing into this exercise lark - don't know where you find the willpower - can you send me some?!?

Don't know what gear you have at home, but I saw this on another post and thought of you::

Aldi have kettlebells for £6.99 for a 2.5 kg or a 5kg and £8.99 for the 7.5kg.

Deb

I love a barbell! I feel so mighty lifting it haha! :) and deadlifting it as well as the focused exercise really works! My free weights is always full of men! Well the whole gym is full as of late what with everyone doing their resolutions.. I only spend like 20 minutes max on cardio.. I mainly do weights :D

Back