Hann's IF Diary - 7 months and counting :)

(my training session today)

olympic barbell - 20kg - clean and press x 10

Easily done because I can already c&p 20kg vipr x 37, and 26kg x20

snatch
-4kg single arm dumbell snatch x 10
-10kg barbell overhead squats x 10
-10kg barbell snatch x 10

This was a new one for me so trainer decided to split it up into sections, starting with the snatch in dumbell form. Thankfully he used a small weight (4kg) to start with as I managed to donk myself on the head with it as I didn't hold my arm straight. Snatches don't feel natural to me having done a lot of clean and pressing.

75 degree press and fly x 10 for both (4kg per hand)
45 degree press and fly x 10 for both (8kg per hand)
0 degree press and fly x 10 for both (8kg per hand)

because apparently different elevations use different muscles, and the higher you go up the harder it gets! Here's me thinking it would be the opposite lol.

lat pull downs x 10 - 35kg
bicep pull downs x 10 - 35kg

done lat pull downs before and quite like em. Was having a good ol perv on my trainer as he was doing the bicep pull down demo, hes got HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE biceps. :3

low rows cable - 20kg x 10 then 25kg x 10

This one was quite a challenge, not unlike a rowing machine action, but the form is REALLY crucial.. Found the 25kg quite difficult!

Rear dumbell fly - 4kg x 10

quite an unnatural movement, and the 4kg felt like 20kg.... damn im not as strong as I thought =P

oh and yes, before and after pics!

IMG_0704-20120726_zps37299191.jpg

before (280) early august 2012

IMG_1259-20130111_zps203b2ec0.jpg

after (250) last week (mid january 2013)

Well done on the baggy clothes, huge progress :)

I do love a lat pulldown! Missing those already!! 3-6 months till I can get back to full training :(

Your doing fantastic Xx

My ON amino energy stuff has green tea extract in it :)

Thinking about flipping my feeding habit around a bit. Getting into a BAD habit of eating way to much on eating nights during the week =( And bad stuff, not healthy. So from next week on I'l probably be doing the following:

Saturday - EAT EAT EAT
Sunday - EAT EAT / FAST
Monday - EAT EAT / FAST
Tuesday - EAT EAT / FAST
Wednesday - EAT EAT / FAST
Thursday - - EAT EAT / FAST
Friday - FAST FAST / EAT

I think I will actually consume less calories this way - my evenings are the worst. Sums wise it is less "hours" of fasting, but my eating problems seem to be weekday evenings. I can go all day at work without eating a lot. Especially when I have the gym after work, I don't want to be stuffed for it. I never intend to go to the gym on Friday so I can have it as a treat day, rather than it being the 3x a week its becoming. And this way I'll be able to go to the gym any day except friday.

As an example:

Typically my eating breakfast is a big ass bowl of branflakes, with lots of milk and brown sugar. Then I'll have a small yog for elevenses. And lunch I will have a tuna sandwich or something similar.

An eating evening I can plough through an entire chippy, AND junk food. For example, tonight I had a chip curry cheese, and a large cheeseburger, then sat down to 12 of those small kinder bars. I've got 4 left and I'm not sure whether I will finish them or not lol.

So really from that you can see I nearly consume as many (if not more!) calories in my dinner as I do an all day eating plan. So I figured a wee switcharound might do the trick. I think my body is getting used to my regime and a switcharound is needed regardless. I may still go back to the way I have been doing it, but I hope this kicks starts my body into burning a bit more.

And also it gives me the benefit of being a bit more flexible with the gym, and an excuse to go more :p

And if I have plans in the evening I can always make a switcharound for that day, I really just love how flexible it is =)

Last edited:
Your new plan sounds great, and very do-able. Dunno about you, but I fancy if I'm going to eat something unhealthy it will be around 7pm...it's as if there's a hunger fairy that only comes out when it's dark. Fasting during those times instead seems incredibly logical, as it's much easier to eat healthy during work hours. Far more distractions during the day, I suppose. Good luck with it all. Hope it works out good for you.

How do you change the title of your thread?

Back