Hann's IF Diary - 7 months and counting :)

I think weekly weigh ins are the best too. I know if I go longer I don't eat as well. Not sure if the digital scale weighing of body fat is accurate - especially if you have lot of muscle due to exercise.

I think weekly weigh ins are the best too. I know if I go longer I don't eat as well. Not sure if the digital scale weighing of body fat is accurate - especially if you have lot of muscle due to exercise.

Aye I think weekly/fortnightly works well for me, but I do need weekly for a bit just to really get into it. I was doing great for the couple of times that I weighed in every 2 weeks but then made the decision to do once every 4 weeks. Got past week 2, and kinda lost it. So I definitely NEED the scales. Just don't need the obsessive behaviour.

How does the body fat thing work out on the scales? Clever really. Given you work out a lot, though, I dunno how much of that will be muscle gain really.

Good lick with everything. Know it can be hard at times, but know you can do it.

impedance - fires a very small amount of electricity through your body. Different tissue responds differently to electric pulses. I believe muscle/water allows the frequency to pass, but fat does not. So it can estimate the amount of fat you have. Its not 100% reliable though as dry feet can prevent the pulse going through, dirty scales, and various other factors like food weight can affect it.

More quickly than you think Hann....:D Apparently our Pizza & Chips can make it onto our hips in a matter of minutes to hours, not days as we might think!!!

How Fast Will Calories Turn To Fat? | LIVESTRONG.COM

ohh err :p ty for the link!

so a minute on the lips, years on the hips is actually true, Oh dear :(

Yeah I'm in trouble too lol =(

Today I was at the gym with personal trainer. Training with him every week at the moment.

10 minutes xtrainer

kettlebell 20kg swings x10
clean and press - oly bar x 10
kettlebell 10kg swing x 10
clean and press - oly bar x 10

(that was warm up)

Clean and press 25kg x 10
clean and press 30kg x 8
clean and press 35kg x 5

-attempted the 40kg but by this point my body was beginning to feel the wrath so I couldn't get the flick up to the shoulders bit at all -

clean and press 20 - to fail - 12 reps

(10kg barbell)
snatch swing x 10
snatch swing & squat x 10
squat barbell on shoulders x 10
squat barbell raised x 10 - my shoulder were beginning to cry by this point

full snatch into press x 5 (incorporating all of the above in one seamless move)

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. :) Hadn't really thought about electrical stuff before (you know what I'm like by now...can't even spell, let alone think scientifically lol). It's amazing what modern technology can do for us.

Very impressive work out. Think I'd be knackered after the warm up personally. Really great the level of fitness and determination you're showing with your exercise. Well done.

I feel so jealous of your exercise routine. Been stuck in my house all weekend and now today! Managed to do a body weight workout yesterday but I miss my gym time already!! Hopefully I can make it to my PT tomorrow!

Well done on all your lifts! You're doing heavy!

Pow pow pow I'm taking today by the balls. Enough of this ***** Hannah, time to kick ass. Need a good loss on the scales if it kills me!

I've also joined fitocracy if anyone wants to join me. Username is hannata :) good for any kind of exercise, you log it and it gives you your pb's so you can log progression. You get so many points per exercise session and you go up levels with more points. It's got a social aspect much like mfp as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Han! Phewwww!! I have finally finished reading your diary from 'cover' to 'cover'....only taken about 6 weeks lol!!

I have been JUDDDING since sometime in November and really loving it.

I have really enjoyed reading your diary and find your posts truly motivating. I am just recovering from a nasty bout of tonsillitis and winding myself for getting my ass back in the gym.

I will continue to follow your progress on here and hope to kick ass with you in 2013 :character00116:

arcoiris2012 said:
Hi Han! Phewwww!! I have finally finished reading your diary from 'cover' to 'cover'....only taken about 6 weeks lol!!

I have been JUDDDING since sometime in November and really loving it.

I have really enjoyed reading your diary and find your posts truly motivating. I am just recovering from a nasty bout of tonsillitis and winding myself for getting my ass back in the gym.

I will continue to follow your progress on here and hope to kick ass with you in 2013 :character00116:

Holy crap that's dedication lol :eek:

Hope you get better soon so you can start kicking ass x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back