Happy Monday!

lauraekeegan

Happy Monday!
Good Morning everyone!

Hope this is a happy Monday for you all! I woke up this morning feeling fab. I started the CWP yesterday and got through my first day 100% which in itself is a HUGE achievement for me! :D

I am 37 and have tried every diet under the sun save for VLCD's. I love food and love red wine and I am at my happiest when I am in the kitchen with my friends and family, cooking for them all with a big glass of red in my hand! I am very content with my life and am fat because I eat and drink far too much! My GP suggested that I try this diet as I need to detach myself from food for a while.

I have taken the step to commit to this for 5 weeks (initially) to see if I can get through it and to try and lose 2 stone. My CWPC thinks it will be achievable if I stick with it. We go on holiday 5 weeks tomorrow and I want to be feeling fab! The last holiday we were on was in July this year and I was miserable for most of it, feeling really fat and self conscious. So what did I do? Made myself feel better with food and drink. So, so silly :sigh:

Anyhoo, here's to a great week for all of us! :D I'm away to have a pee then a porridge! :D

Congrats for completing your first day 100% Laura! Fabulous!

I'm on day 5.....had some headaches and a bit of hunger yesterday but nothing substantial and I'm feeling a lot happier today!

I totally agree with you re the holiday thing.....I went to Dubai in 2009, 2011 and America this year and I hated how I felt for ALL of them! I wish I had done this diet then! I have wonderful memories of the holidays but no photographic evidence that I was there as I pretty much deleted all photos of me! Plus I have been with fiance for 9 years and we barely have any pics together coz I hate them so much! That's all going to change!

Was my first time having porridge this morning and its not that great actually! The shakes and soups are better!

To keep your motivation going - I went on the scales this morning and I think I have lost 6lbs already!!

Niki xxxx

Hey Niki

Wow! 6lbs?!?!?! That would be amazing! I am going to try and stay off the scales until my weigh in on Sunday. I am taking it one day at a time, I really have to! If I can stay off the vino for 5 weeks that will be a huge achievement, never mind anything else, lol!

I'm just back from the supermarket and am about to make a roast for tonight's dinner for the rest of them and a sausage casserole for tomorrow night's dinner for them. I'm back at work tomorrow so figure the last thing I want is to be coming home tomorrow and making meals! I really enjoy cooking so as long as I can continue on this and not pick at the food I cook the family, I'll be delighted!

How was Dubai!? I've always wanted to go there. I've been to America a few times and love it there. It's about the only place in the world I feel relatively 'slim'. Well, not slim, normal! :D Oh yes, and I love the shopping there! xxx

Dubai is amazing! We are lucky to have friends out there so always an excuse! We went out for my birthday last year and my OH said 'what would you like to do on your birthday?!' I said 'Go to the beach!'. So we went and lazed on the beach on the 26th November! I wore a bikini but felt so fat and wouldn't walk down to the sea, even though I was soooo hot! I've put on over a stone since then as well so have a lot of work to do!!

See, I love cooking but I don't think I could make a roast for others without wanting some myself! Oh my god the willpower! And yes, a good bottle (or two) of wine an evening is part of my routine so having gone 5 days without alcohol is already progress for me! And I just went into a pub (to discuss my birthday party!) and didn't have anything!

Well done for going to the pub and not indulging! I loveeeeeeeeeee wine. Like you, I have 1 or 2 wines of an evening. Maybe I'm a functioning alcoholic (shouldn't joke!). Will be good to give my liver a rest for a while.

Love that you were on a beach for your November birthday. Those are my kind of birthdays but given my birthday is New Year's Eve and I live in Scotland, it's not a regular event! Just think, this November you will be able to wear your bikini with pride :) I told my husband that if I got down to goal weight I'd wear a bikini everywhere. Even to the local shops for a sliced loaf and a pint of milk!

Had a coconut shake a wee while ago. Was quite nice. Only thing missing was the rum! Agree with you though, the porridge is pretty yuk! Made the sausage casserole and the pork's in the oven. Not picked yet. Didn't even finish off my daughter's spaghetti at lunchtime which I would normally do. Please, please, please let me keep this up!

When is your weigh in?

Wow that's great!! My weigh in is on Wednesday evening at 7pm. I'm looking forward to it as everyone has told me that that the first WI will inspire and motivate me more!!! I'm feeling a little bit hungry tonight so I'm having a black coffee to take the edge off and then I'll have some more water and my final shake of the day! I have faith that you will keep this up!

Oh Wednesday will be here before you know it, you will have to let me know how you get on.

The hunger is yet to hit me. I've had quite a bit of water today plus lots of cups of green and peppermint tea. I've no doubt it will hit me at some point soon, I've a huuugggeeee belly that's used to a whole lot of food :).

I had the chicken and mushroom soup for tea and it was actually really nice. I was surprised as the spicy tomato was yuk. Not sure what times I will eat tomorrow at work. I have out together a bag with a 2L bottle of water, peppermint tea, mouthwash, toothbrush, toothpaste and tounge scraper lol. I deal with the public all day so don't want to be knocking anyone out with my honking breath lol! That said, my husband says it's not bad. He might just be being nice!

The chicken and mushroom soup is my favourite soup! I've had some porridge for breakfast and a cup of green tea. About halfway through my first 1.5l bottle of water!

Feeling very good and positive today so I think (fingers crossed!) that I have come through the worst of it! My size 16 trousers that I last wore last Thursday are fitting me SOOO much better already so its a real motivator! I'm going to wear the same clothes to my weekly weigh in if possible so the results will be really accurate!

I know what you mean re breath...I can taste my own constantly and its making me a bit antisocial at present!

Hey Niki

How has your day been? I had a so/so day. First day at work whilst doing this which may account for it! I have stuck to it 100% Had the porridge for my breakfast, tetra pack of strawberry (YUK!!!) for my lunch and just had the veg soup which I thought was delish! Did a wee test and think I'm starting Ketosis. Feel a wee bit tired and looking forward to my bed. In fact I might go there now, lol!

Were you thrilled with your trousers? I can't wait to get into a smaller size or for my own clothes to hang a wee bit better. :D

I had a good 100% day! Yeah if you can go to bed early-do! Your body is becoming accustomed to the change in diet! I'm actually feeling very bloated this evening.....hope thats normal?! I've asked some more experienced people for their opinions! I actually feel 'fatter' than I have in the last few days, even though I haven't cheated. I'm only worried because its weigh in tomorrow night and I feel like I might not lose much which would be quite disheartening!

Hurrah for your 100% day! Maybe the bloating you are feeling is due to water intake? I am sure you'll get a great result tomorrow, I can't wait to hear how you've done! Xxx

Hi Laura....hows it going? I had 8lbs off!!xxxxx

Back