Happy to lounge around in the 9's thread

I could run away & hide but it's time to fess up & admit I gained 7lbs over the xmas break (yes I did nothing but feed my face with rubbish). I'm not proud of myself but I'm not going to beat myself up about it I did what I did & gained what I gained but I know how to reverse the damage so time to knuckle down and get on with it.

Happy New Year to you all let's make 2013 a slim and healthy one! :) x

I've put on 7lbs too.... Could hot myself but like you said let's accept it and get it back off!

Happy new year x

A fellow glutton here!! Up almost 5lb but have a few more meals to get through this week so will probably be at least 7lb by my weigh-in next Monday. I'm just glad that Christmas only comes around once a year! I read a great post on another thread that was something along the lines of "Gaining weight between Christmas and New Year isn't what we need to worry about, it's gaining weight between New Year and Christmas that's more of a worry" We all worked hard in 2012 and deserved a break. Now it's time to get back on it! Boo, I love food...!! X

xj-esx said:
Hey, I'd love to join in :) I lost a few stone calorie counting and got down to 8 stone and felt the best I ever had. Since then I have been struggling to be at the lower end of the 8s. After a gain to 9 stone I managed to get down to 8 stone 8 however I've gained over the Xmas period and I'm back up to 9 stone. Sigh :(

Hi & welcome to the world of yo-ing! I have a feeling I'm going to be bouncing around between 9-10st for eternity lol

You're not bouncing alone Clanger!

Im still 5ft 2 but now I'm back in the 9's!! Aaargh!! But hey! I enjoyed the festive season with family and friends!

Official weigh in Monday 31 dec 2012 I was 9st 4 ( that's gone upto 9st 5 this morning!) will stick the the official weekly weigh to avoid confusion. Here's to smashing the 9's and staying in the 8's over next few weeks.

Hi guys

Post Christmas weigh in was 135lbs so 9st 9lb - could actually have been worse, this gives me hope for maintenance :D So should be able to reverse all the damage in January and keep on trucking through Feb to be well on my way to 9st by March :) I am really hoping dry Jan will help as obviously missing the cals in alcohol plus my resolve always wavers when I get tipsy and I think a pizza is an essential end to any night out!!

Hello lovely ladies on this thread! We will get into the 8's now the festive season is well and truly over! Focus, focus, focus and in my case hibernate and I feel safer! Well not if the fridge and cupboards are bare! My official weigh in today and I lost 2 pounds from last Monday and that brings me to 9st 2lbs. Frustrating to look back at my journals as see the lowest official weigh I reached 8st. 13 ish I think? This time I will be firmly staying in he 8's when I get there never to return to 9st again! Well I shall try my utmost hardest!

That's brilliant! Well done! So very very close to goal now! Are you going to maintain when you reach your 9st goal or are you planning on getting into the 8's so you have a couple of pounds "buffer" for maintenance?

Thanks Kira, I'll definitely be going for the 'buffer'.

When i started out in July at over 11st i set my initial target at 9st not really expecting to get anywhere near it. Now I'm close to 9st it feels comfortable being in the lower 9's but i know it will be incredibly easy for me to creep back up to 10st. So the plan is to aim for 8st 10 & hopefully maintain between that and 9st :)

That's a good idea. That's why I have changed my original goal from 8st 7 to 8st. I want to reach 8st but try and keep below 8st 7 i.e. not allow myself to go over 8st 7. One step at a time though! This really seems to be the scary bit losing the last stone!

Kira said:
That's a good idea. That's why I have changed my original goal from 8st 7 to 8st. I want to reach 8st but try and keep below 8st 7 i.e. not allow myself to go over 8st 7. One step at a time though! This really seems to be the scary bit losing the last stone!

I notice you are also petite/vertically challenged like me meaning even a half stone gain makes a big difference to how we look & feel. If only it was as easy to grow upwards as it is to expand widthways lol :)

2 lbs off this week so 133 / 9st 7lb - only half a stone to go to get out of the 9s! :D

Back