HappyEm's Food Diary

HappyEm

I'm going to take a leaf out of everyone's books and start to log what I eat each day. I have been writing it down in a book and just last week, I used the old WW points to see if I was going mad with my portion sizes (I was!). This is going to be really boring reading but if anyone has any tips or recipes to share with me, that would be great!

Saturday 26 March
--------------------
Breakfast-
Nature Valley granola bar & Maxwell House unsweetened cappucino sachet

Snack-
Banana & 2 mandarins

Lunch-
2 slices of bread, 1 slice of cheese, mixed salad with cucumber & tomatoes and a Tesco Light Choices carrot & corriander cup-a-soup.

Dinner-
17 Tesco Spinach & Ricotta tortelloni (yes, I counted them & yes, I am a saddo!). Glass of wine.

1.5 Litres of water.

mmmm sounds tasty! i think that sounds good and healthy. good idea to have soup with sandwich. fill up with low calorie. i always find that hot food fills me up better than cold food. very wise to count your tortellini!well done on your water intake, i've probably only managed less than a litre so far, but i'm chugging away on my water this evening.:)

I like being called 'wise', lol!. I finished work today and called in to the local Polish shop for a browse..they had mint tea on offer, so I'm having a nice cup of that now..yum.

Ok advice..... The coffee in sachets is made with powdered milk... So not the best way to drink coffee really... And everything else sounds great just make sure your bread is wholemeal x

Hi Sigourney!
Thanks for the advice..I really want to hear what people think. Yeah, the sachets are not so healthy but are very tasty..will knock them on the head when I've finished the pack!. I only eat wholemeal, seedy bread so that's ok. How's things going with you?

Good thankyou.... Day 4 .....so chuffed because I normally give up on day 3 .... Could really eat some chocolate but I won't.....x

Well, here's yesterday's meals..I started out very good and then it all went a bit pear-shaped..hmm.

Sunday 27 March
-------------------
Breakfast-
1 tbsp of scrambled egg, 2 grilled tomatoes & 1 tbsp of beans on 2 slices of dry toast (in work)

Snack-
Nature Valley granola bar, 2 mandarins & a sachet of Maxwell House.

Lunch-
My boss brought me in a Tuna Melt Panini..it would have been rude not to eat it so I ate it all..it was deeeelicious.

Dinner-
17 Spinach & Ricotta Tortellini (finished off the pack), slice of seedy bread with a thin layer of garlic & herb cream cheese and two glasses of wine.

1.5 litres of water but no exercise. Looking back over this, I realise that I have eaten way too much cheese.

Monday 28 March (visiting my friend)
-------------------
Breakfast-
2 x slices of dry toast, 2 tbps of scrambled egg.

Lunch-
Dry noodles cooked in chicken stock & chilli sauce with added red onion & rocket leaves. White frothy coffee.

Snack-
1 x slice of seedy bread with a scrape of garlic & herb soft cheese.

Dinner-
1 x chicken breast cooked in spicy fajita seasoning, then divided in to 2 soft tortillas with a tsp each of tomato salsa and as much lettuce, cherry tomatoes & peppers that I could squash in.

1 litre of water and over 1 hour of fast walking.

Tuesday 29 March
-------------------
Breakfast-
2 slices of dry toast, 1 poached egg and 1 tbsp of beans.

Snack-
Pear & cup of coffee.

Lunch-
Leftover soft tortilla wrap from night before with one slice of smoked cheese-toasted.

Dinner-
2 slices of seedy bread with garlic & herb soft cheese and salad.

1.5 litres of water but no exercise because I was in work for half of the day. The seedy bread is gone so no more snacking on that!. I'm off shopping later so I am going to stock up on more fruit for my snacks...I think I've been dropping off on my 5-a-day this week.

I'm going to post before bed before I forget.

Wednesday 30 March
-----------------------
Breakfast-
2 slices of dry toast & 1 tbsps of scrambled egg...and a pear.

Snack-
Coffee & a Breakaway bar (I neeeeeded chocolate and it was only 99 calories)

Lunch-
Soft tortilla wrap (last one left), handfull of prawns, 5 leafs of lettuce, cherry tomatoes and a tsp of lighter than light mayo mixed with some tomato puree (in a Marie Rose stylie). Mint tea.

Snack-
1 sesame crispbread with a teeny sliver of cheese.

Dinner-
Home made curry (for 2)..fried 4 chopped large onions & 4 green cardamoms in bit of olive oil and when they were browning, added 1 chopped chicken breast each. After a couple of minutes, added 4 (!) cloves of grated garlic, one large tub of low-fat yoghurt, grated garlic (about half a finger length), a good shake of garam masala, fenugreek seeds, a few black peppercorns, chilli powder, 2 chopped chillis and whatever else is kept with your curry spices! (this is just a chuck it in curry). Then squeeze in lemon half, throw in some chopped tomatoes and a can of plum tomatoes. Let it simmer, on a very low heat, for over an hour...and when it's thick, serve with some boiled rice.

1.5 litres of water and no exercise ( I was so good at the start, must try harder..will tommorrow).
Good night!!

sounds great. i like the inventiveness:)

Well, I weighed in yesterday and stayed the same..which is grand. I can see from looking back on this week that I am eating a lot of bread & cheese, so my little challenge this week is to just have bread once a day (probably for breakfast) and limit my cheese. I didn't post what I ate yesterday because Friday is my day off!. It's funny, even though I give myself free reign on a Friday to have a treat..I think I have been brainwashed in to healthy eating..the baddest thing I ate was a few maltesers.
I had a couple of glasses of wine and had a good laugh at Benidorm & Friday Night Dinner. So I'm in good form today and I'm going to crack it this week & lose at least a pound!

Advice.....? Cut down your bread intake......try replacing it with protein... Maybe one toast more egg.... And so on.. I don't know which plan you are following but seems pretty packed with carbs and cheese to me... Good luck with your journey x

Hi Sigourney!
Yes, I know what you mean about the bread-I'm going to cut down to one portion of bread a day but I don't want to cut it out completely as I want to get a bit of every food group per day (like a smaller version of the food pyramid). I admit it seems that I eat a lot for breakfast but I prefer to eat more at this time to keep me going for the day. I'm not following any plan really..just lowering portions, trying to eat just 3 meals a day and getting more fruit & veg in to me. I want to lose weight but I don't mind if it's a bit slower than normal..what I really want is to stay healthy & be full of life, instead of the exhaustion that I was feeling after Christmas.
How are you getting on this week?..x

HappyEm said:
Hi Sigourney!
Yes, I know what you mean about the bread-I'm going to cut down to one portion of bread a day but I don't want to cut it out completely as I want to get a bit of every food group per day (like a smaller version of the food pyramid). I admit it seems that I eat a lot for breakfast but I prefer to eat more at this time to keep me going for the day. I'm not following any plan really..just lowering portions, trying to eat just 3 meals a day and getting more fruit & veg in to me. I want to lose weight but I don't mind if it's a bit slower than normal..what I really want is to stay healthy & be full of life, instead of the exhaustion that I was feeling after Christmas.
How are you getting on this week?..x

Really good started lipotrim 8 days ago ... And I weighed today have lost 3 kgs... Only went back on it to lose my last stone... Lost 2 in nov/dec and then maintained until last week ... Eating pretty much what I liked... No silly things of course like take sways and pretty much no carb only at the weekend... But in all honesty most times I ate my normal food and got my carb treat from chocolate... And a bit of toast... Sadly in order to maintain I have worked out That for some reason my body does not like me having any bread or potato or rice or anything White it just holds onto it, makes me bloat and pretty much makes me all sluggish... So that's life I guess... More protein , salads, veg and very little carb as long as it's brown....once I get to a happy weight... I'm working hard at the gym 5 times a week to help me tone and feel good too.. Been doing that for the last 2 years... I'm 74kgs now think I'll be happy at 70... I'm 5'8" so that's a very small 14 suits my frame.... I guess the last bit will come off slower but I have done better than I expected this week... It does upset me that I can't eat what I like but had years if feeling overweight and I'm just sick of it... I like me much better thinner... What's your goal? X

Wow Sigourney..3kgs!!..that's brilliant!!..well done!. You're so good going to the gym that much. I was exercising at home but the week before last, I was ill with a throat infection and this week, I've been so lazy with exercising. I'm going to try to get a walk (at least!) in every day next week.
I really don't think I could live without bread/pasta/potatoes..well, maybe for a short while if I wanted to lose a burst of weight..but the thing is that I was once thin (weren't we all, lol!) and that's basically all I ate. I did exercise a hell of a lot more though so I reckon that's my downfall..well, that and the cheese :D
My goal is to get down to 10 (ish) stone by my hols at the end of August. I have all these clothes hanging in my wardrobe that I would love to fit in to again so I'm going to use that as a gauge.
You're doing really well, Sigourney, fair play to you!

Thankyou... To be honest if I stopped exercising I would be a whale ... I don't do it for pleasure I do it to allow me to eat a little and feel like I'm normal....annoying when so many can do nothing eat everything and still look stunning... X

Well, I was very good in work on Saturday..yay me!. Then yesterday, I finished early and visited my friend for the day..she cooked up a lovely pizza for dinner for Mother's day and it was gorgeous-I had 2 slices..there were prawns, anchovies and fresh basil leaves on it. I also had two glasses of wine and nibbled some tortilla chips. I also ate one of the kid's Rice Krispie cakes (!). I had a lovely day and even though that food wouldn't be considered healthy, I knew when to stop eating.
Today, I am really tired so I have started to take Iron tablets again (I stopped two weeks ago when I started my course of anti-biotics) so hopefully, I'll be raring to go tommorrow. Here's what I ate today and I have one glass of wine left from the weekend, so I'll be having that later while I watch 'Britain's Greatest Hairdresser'..love it.

Monday 04 April
------------------
Breakfast-
2 slices of dry toast & 2 tbsps of scrambled egg. 2 mandarins.

Snack-
Made a Banana & Walnut loaf and had 2 skinny slices. Have frozen the rest of the slices and will take one out to defrost each morning (thanks for that idea, Rooie!!).

Lunch-
Had my larger meal for lunch. Had half a hake in breadcrumbs and shared with my son..also had a scoop of mashed potato and broccoli. Then finished it off with a peach & raspberry yoghurt.

Snack-
Glass of multivitamin juice.

Dinner-
Boiled rice, flash fried with one egg/soy sauce/sesame oil and topped with a handfull of prawns. 1 glass of wine for later.

1 ltr of water today and no exercise because I was so tired. Stuck to my challenge of eating bread just once in the day..long may it last.

Last edited:
Back