Harcombe Newbie

Hi EveryoneSo, this is my story. About 5 years ago, I was 14 and a half stone and lost 2 stone with Weightwatchers, in about 5 months. Since then, I've hovered anywhere between 12st4lb-13stone. At the beginning of this year I was 12st 7lb and went on a big diet-loss drive by writing down everything I ate and adding up all the calories (it became very boring very quickly.) I got down to 11st11lb in just 4 weeks, but have stayed there ever since, despite remaining on 1200 calories per day! Since reading Zoe's advice, I know the calorie deficit theory is massively flawed. I love food - real food - and love cooking so am really looking for something genuinely life-changing, something that will enable me to be slim and healthy forever. I've upped the exercise recently and have significantly increased my muscle mass - which I like. At a size 12 with an hourglass shape, I wouldn't call myself fat - with size 8 feet and big muscles I do think I can genuinely say I am big framed, but I know I could be slimmer. I think the Harcombe Diet is what's needed to shunt me off this plateau. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi! Your diet past sounds quite similar to mine, I was able to lose 2 and a half stone with slimming world in just 4 months, but I piled it all back on :(
Intend to begin phase one of Harcombe tomorrow! How are you coping with it so far?

Hi Nothinglike the sun and Mary

I have been following The Harcombe diet for three weeks now , not to the letter, but I have eaten no sugar and steered clear of white anything , I have eaten very differently to usual and upped the meat and cheese hugely. I have lost 10 lbs which has made such a difference. I started at 15 st.

Lots of luck to you and will be interested to hear of your progress.:)

Wow! That is amazing, well done!!! I have been following for just 2 days now, and I have found it so tough, I think mainly due to lack of caffeine! I usually drink tea or coffee steadily throughout the day! Tomorrow I am going to allow myself 3 cups of tea/coffee, I am also considering switching back to Slimming world-however limit the carbs and increase the meat!
Hope you all are doing well :)

hi and welcom e, just stick with the first 5 days the headaches are just the crap leaving your body , i had terrible headaches from caffeine withdrawal on phase 1 but now starting week 3 and feel amazing xxx

Hi I hope u don't mind me crashing this. This is my second go at harcombe. The first time I did it I lost 10lbs on phase 1 so am wanting to manage that again this time. I'm getting married in 14 weeks so really need to stick to it this time. Starting day 3 of phase one tomoro. How is everyone else finding it? X

Hi guys! OK so I tried this the last time and....failed horribly after 2 says!!! Starting again tomorrow-need a good detox and this seems the best way. How is everyone getting on??? x

Hi Everyone

Apologies for the lack of replies - took me a while to remember where I'd posted this! I did Phase 1 to the letter and lost 6lb - weighing in at 11st 9. I progressed happily on to Phase 2, but I think I re-introduced too many things too quickly (milk, cheese, butter wholegrains) as I put it all back on! Was gutted and since then only really tried half-heartedly with it - although I've still steered clear of all processed foods, I did have a couple of slices of (homemade) cake over the past two weeks and a few pieces of 85% chocolate after meals. As a consequence, I'm back up to 12stone 3lb, which is more than when I started! I'm still keeping on top of the exercise (a long dog walk and Jillian Michaels DVD every day) and pleased with the muscle definition coming through - I just wish there wasn't a layer of blubber around it!

So, I have kicked myself firmly up the bum and am starting Phase 1 again with renewed vigour. I obviously underestimated my cravings last time so plan on re-introducing foods into Phase 2 much more slowly.

Wish me luck! It's great to have a support network as my OH thinks this is all a load of faddy nonsense!

NTTS x

hey nothing like the sun, how did you do with starting Phase 1 again? I am just starting THD and on second day of phase one and really struggling if i am honest!

My best advise from doing thd is take paracetamol when in stage one! I got awful head aches.

Try to mix your food up, don't just eat ff yoghurt and meat and in stage two go slow with the new foods.

It didn't work for me long term bit was a brilliant introduction to low carb and I know it works really really well for many people

Since doing thd I doubt I would ever go back to a diet club x

Back