Newbie with 4 stone to lose

Hi Kimmie

Do calorie counting with me, I'm having a great time on it! And imho it's more forgiving than other eating plans, so you could still sort of do it on holiday and be ok.

If you go onto MFP and custom set your goals it will give you a calorie limit, then plug your food in and see how you go. I'm doing lots of yummy soups for lunch and really loving them, have a look at my diary for more info. There's also a calorie counting section in Minis for more inspiration.

Sx

Thanks guys.... I am a fan of MFP and used it during my Atkins days.... Just not in the zone at the moment and struggling to find my zone for anything. I seem to be starting each day in the right mindset..... End up starving myself all day as I've not prepared and then bingeing in the evenings. Been through the wardrobe this evening and I have nothing that fits for Florida.... All my summer clothes are size 16 and tight!! So 4 weeks to go... Potentially a stone off.

Ok, so I'm going to calorie control and step up the exercise over the next 4 weeks and see if that helps..... Was thinking of 1500kcals? What do you guys think too high?

Well with the help of Google, apparently I should be aiming for about 1200 calories a day to lose 2.5 pounds a week.... Let's get meal planning for tomorrow!

Yes if you want to lose that much I would go for 1200.BUT mfp will calculate it for you x

Sounds good - but give yourself a bit of leeway in there, maybe set it for 1400? You will be amazed how much you can have - mine is set for 1600 but I usually come in at 1000-1200 because I'm eating mostly veg :)

Good luck x

Hi Kimmi, best to do what works as can feel you will stick to it! Good luck

Hi guys....... I'm back!!! And heavier!!! Why do I do it..... Always think there's a quicker fix but I get bored, get hungry and eat!! We had an amazing time in Florida and boy did we eat!! Weighed in at 17st 2 when I came back and have been dabbling with Exante but just can't get back into it.... It's just not for me!! I'm down to 16st 9 so a little loss but keen to get back to Atkins- I was never hungry!! As Exante works on the same principle (ketosis) as Atkins I'm going to have a shake for brekkie, bar for lunch and then a low carb dinner to use the packs up!! Starting to wedding plan and I really don't want to be this size ........ It's good to be back xx

Florida sounds nice:). Good luck getting back into it all xx

Welcome back from Florida Kimmi! And don't worry hun it's easy to eat for England when you're on hols, we all do it :)

How long until the wedding now?

So I'm back!! Again, same old story, same pounds to lose, same rush for something special - this time it's the wedding diet!! I'm getting married on the 10th January and would love to be a stone or 2 lighter!! I have been doing SW for 6 weeks and lost 5lb, not happy with the slow losses so back to see if Atkins will work for me again!!

So Sunday September 7th- 15st 13lbs
B: scrambled eggs made with cream
L: ham and cheese
D: homemade mince burgers with cheese and small salad

Please comment if I should or shouldn't be eating things- need this to work for me this time! X

You've got plenty of time before your wedding so should do well. Menu looks good but remember you can have more veg. Are you on MFP? It really helps to keep me on track. Was just in your town a couple of weeks ago for a wedding, it was lovely. :)

You've got plenty of time before your wedding so should do well. Menu looks good but remember you can have more veg. Are you on MFP? It really helps to keep me on track. Was just in your town a couple of weeks ago for a wedding, it was lovely. :)

Luckily I already have my dress and it really wouldn't matter if I didn't lose anything or if I lost 2 stone- it's very floaty. However I can see the weight I hold on my face and upper arms so would like to try and get a couple of stone off! I didn't go shopping until early evening hence the lack of salad and veg today! I use MFP and the percentages came in at carb 3% protein 36% fat 61% so guessing it's all ok. The only thing is that I am hungry! More calories tomorrow!!

Day 2- good day on plan but don't think I've eaten enough as under 1000 calories today. I've just had a busy day so skipped breakfast, minced beef stuffed pepper for lunch and home made burgers with salad for tea with cheese. I'm definetly super low on water too but learning the ropes all over again. I skipped my SW meeting today but am going to go on Thursday and weigh in. I'm paid up for the next 6 weeks so still going to go and weigh in!! Fingers crossed Atkins works x

God luck with weigh in, hunger should go in a few days.

Day 3- all going fine but short on the water and calories a bit. I'm weighing in on Thursday so looking forward to seeing the numbers! X

Day 4-
B- scrambled egg made with cream and butter
L- beef burger with cheese and watercress
D- gammon with cauliflower cheese
Lots of water today but time to step up the exercise me thinks!

I've got SW weigh in tomorrow so will see what the scales say! I've been stuck around 15st 11/12 for the past 3 weeks so would just love to see some movement in the scales!

I'm starting to think about targets now. My best friend is coming up in one months time to go bridesmaid shopping and would love for her to notice a difference! So I'm setting a goal of 14st 13- that's a stone in 1 month- 3.5 per week! Let's see!! Xx

Hi Kimmi, sounds like it's going well. I always found exercise was a good add on to tone up too x

Back