Harza's Diary

Harza

After alot of "umming and arring" I have decided to give this weight loss diary /food diary stuff a go.. Ive read through alot of them and find them really inspiring, so here goes..

A little bit about me :)

My real name is Hannah, Im 23 and a stay at home mum of 2.. I started slimming world in July 2011 and have lost just over 2 stone to date. I have decided to go it alone now as ive found actually going to class and hearing how everyone has gone over by a few syns and have still managed a loss is bad for me... I go home and think well if they can do it so can I, only it doesnt seem to work for me and I'm having more gains than losses at the minute.. which is another reason for starting a diary!! Ive just bought myself some super duper digital scales so I will have a weekly WI at home and report on here.. Ive weighed myself tonight at 8pm when setting my scales up so will keep to Tuesdays at 8pm for future WIs.

so heres todays WI... 19.06.2012 - 10st 0lbs.

My target is 9stone which will put me in the healthy range on the BMI chart. I dont have a target date, im happy to get there when i get there. :)

Weather is pants today so im stopping in this morning! This is normally when things start to go wrong and end up eating naughty food, but today my will power is super strong! I made sure I had a good breakfast to keep me fuller, longer. Gonna take kids to playgroup this afternoon to get us out of the house for a bit :)

Friday and Saturday evening are normally my "bad" days as husband is at work and once kids go to bed im sat by myself.. Today im feeling alot better though, so armed with my hot chocolate and aldi cereal bar im gonna write my weeks food plan and shopping list ready for in the morning. Not sure if anyone is reading my diary and food diary but im finding posting on here really helpful and really feel back on track and in the swing of things after day 3 of being 100%.. its amazing how much more energy I seem to have when im 100%.. Going out with a frien for a pub lunch on sunday so need to have a look at the menu tonight and find my best option... im guessing it will be something along the lines of jacket spud and beans!?

Im back on the wagon after having a long time away!

Lot's has happened in the last 6 months but now my head finally feels back in the game..

I was feeling quite poorly all summer last year, wheezing and really short of breath and by the end of the 6 weeks holidays and my college start date looming I thought Id better get to the doctors to see what was taking this chest infection (atleast I thought thats what it was) so long to clear up!

The doctor advised me she thought I had asthma and told me before a proper diagnosis, a chest x-ray would be needed to rule anything else out. Good job really cos 5 days after my x-ray my doctor rang me and told me they had found a mass the size of a golf ball in my left lung! But I quote "we wont worry til we know what we are dealing with"!! Easier said than done..

Anyway to cut a long stort short, I started and threw myself into my Access course at college and had to have lots of scans and a biopsy to find out what the mass was. All the results came back inconclusive.. thoughts were it could be lymphoma but no one was 100%.

It was then decided that I needed an operation to remove the mass as it was better out than in, and it was now the size of a grapefruit!! My symptoms of wheezing and breathlessness were worse than ever.

The op was done 12days before christmas 2012 and I was quite poorly afterwards. I have a 14inch scar across my side :( Id lost alot of blood in surgery and had to have blood transfusions. The surgeon afterwards told me had I been a smoker I wouldnt have survived, which was quite scary.

It turned out the mass was a lymph node which had grown due me having an extremely rare disease called castleman's disease. Occurs in less than 1 in a million people apparently!!

In feb 2013 I had to have a second operation (keyhole this time thankfully!) as I had started coughing up alot of blood. Turns out some of my blood vessels had burst due to the strain of my original surgery, lifting my 2 young children up, pushing pushchair etc

A week after being discharged I was admitted again, this time with viral meningitis!

Despite all this I have just finished my college course after passing with 100% distinction and have been offered a place at University to study midwifery!! Yippeeee!!

I have gained 6lbs since I last wrote on here but I now feel strong enough to get back on the wagon and get to my 9st target.

Bloooomin heck Ive rambled lol

My 2 year old son is kicking off big time today and really testing my patience. Nap time can't come quick enough.

Feeling strong though and WILL NOT reach for the junk to make me feel better... it wont make me feel better, only worse!!!

Instead, Im gonna have a lovely lunch of tuna, pasta and salad :)

Back