Has anybody heard of Eat Water rice and pasta?

~Angel~

My inspiration below :)
I came across this + I was wondering if you would be able to eat it + still be in ketosis? I'm still new to all this so sorry if this is a stupid question, lol

Each portion has 11 calories (which apparently aren't absorbed by the body, so it's virtually no calories) and 0.9g of carbs. It nearly sounds too good to true.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links but if you google it you should find it

hi angel, i eat the traditional japanese shirataki noodles from the oriental supermarket which are basically the same thing, theres no reason for them to knock you out of ketosis although im not a food scientist or anything so i can only speak from experience - these look like an expensive marketed version of them. the real traditional ones come in a fishy water that stinks like an old aquarium - i bet the 'eat water' ones are more westernised and just come packed in water. there are other companies too - the 'miracle noodles' come in fishy water, but the 'zero noodles' are only in water - have a google of them, id recommend the zero ones in water if youre a first timer.

i didnt tell my cambridge diet counsellor i was having them occasionally though because i thought they might go against the cd policy - they make you feel like your having a massive meal on ss+. now im on s&s and eat them as i see fit!

the other advantage is the fibre..if you get my drift. the downside is the price for these marketed ones, hence why i buy the fishy ones from the chinese supermarket.

i noticed on eat water website though they do a penne..and that they sell them in a shop in willesden right near me..i might have to sample with some chicken and melted garlic philadelphia light!

I have just ordered a sample pack - will let you know what I think of them.

i guess at £2.55 a pack, when i was paying £2.30 for a cambridge diet bar, theyre not that expensive!

just hope they do not smell like old fish! One pack should do me for two meals I hope - but will only "try" this in preparation for when I go and maintain a long way down the road SIGH!

i think the eat water ones are ready to eat, so dont think they will be in the fishy water, the fish ones need rinsed for ages and boiled.

Hi these products sound interesting as ive never had them before. Do you count as veg?

ok, just got a pack of the penne on the way home. they do have a fishy smell but not strong compared to the miracle noodle packs, and you rinse it away then boil them, i cant smell any fish trace now.

these types of noodles though are a bit rubbery, quite gelatinous, a plate of them wobbles like jelly..i love them in noodle or spaghetti form, as its only bits here and there but these penne shapes are quite big lumps of it..its hard to take..just a lump of gelatinous rubber..very chewey...

the eat water penne gets thumbs down from me compared to noodle form.

my advice to anyone wanting to try this kind of food is to try the 'zero noodles' - noodle shape and no fishy water.

Last edited:
in fact, im not even going to try and eat half the packet, theyre going in the bin

maybe its not the product, maybe im not in the mood, i also have a funny bite (never got braces in time!) and have to chew really hard which i dont like. so will be interesting to see others reviews.

booo, my hopes were up high too for some penne!

Bloody hell am thinking a massive waste of money! Oh well one can only try it.

I think if there was such a thing as fantastic tasting carb / calorie free pasta around we'd all be eating it by now ;)

Eat Water pasta review

Okay so today I took the plunge and tried my Eat Water pasta for lunch. First off I should say I'm just not a 100% s&s'er, it's just not something I can handle, for the moment anyway.

So these Eat Water pastas are 97% water and 3% water soluble fibre, which pretty much means they're not absorbed by the body, so in theory are "0 calories".

photo18.jpg

photo19.jpg

First impression is that they're in a VERY smelly water. It smells like tuna to me, which I hate - it's very fishy, but you really have to drain these. I put mine in a colander and then run them under the tap, and then patted with kitchen roll.

photo20.jpg

photo21.jpg

So then I zapped them in the microwave for a minute and a half, and mixed them with passata.

photo22.jpg

So taste wise...they're chewy. Chewy Chewy...but I can't taste the original smell when I opened them. It's not an unpleasant texture but it's one that takes getting used to. They have no taste themselves, so a sauce is needed.

These are £2.50 a bag, and are described as 1-2 servings but it's definitely more like 1 for lunch, or 2 if you're adding meat and veg I guess.

Apparently they're quite easy to find in Asian supermarkets, they're called 'shirataki' noodles...I live in a large Korean neighbourhood so may have to check this out, see if I can find a cheaper alternative! I would definitely be trying these again, no they're not amazing and full of flavour...but that is the case with most diet food!

Cerys x

From their main website they do spaghetti penne alsorts looks good.

I think I would put up with the texture to be able to dramatically cut carbs and calories. Definately something I'm going to buy

Was thinking of getting some and making the chilli pack up runny and adding these to it as it says it will abosorb sauces.

Sounds rather good I'd suffer the texture myself lol. Considering my dog food looks tasty lol :)

Lots2lose36 said:
Was thinking of getting some and making the chilli pack up runny and adding these to it as it says it will abosorb sauces.

Sounds rather good I'd suffer the texture myself lol. Considering my dog food looks tasty lol :)

Lol like it

I've ordered some a trial pack of each one they do. Will they affect the diet? Anyone know?

well according to the website they're zero carb, and the fibre isn't soluble so won't be digested...think you would be fine :)

Back