Has anyone been left with saggy tummy skin?

Lozzie71

Im just starting SW and am a typical apple shape - all boobs and tum, I dont want to lose my boobs, but it will probably happen, but Im really worried that if i lose a few stone Im going to end up with a saggy hanging bit of belly skin...I know it sounds horrible, but Ive seen it on tv when people lose large amounts and they are left with excess skin hanging right down their front.... I weigh 15st 7lb so need to lose a fair few stone, has anyone had saggy belly syndrome??

I've got a saggy belly. I prefer it to being morbidly obese though, which I was. Not pretty but neither is the thought of all that visceral fat glogging up my internal organs, so I am not too bothered.

Good luck, Lozzie. Don't let it put you off as there are so many benefits to weight loss. Exercise, good genes, hydration and cocoa butter can help limit the sagginess a bit.

Maybe I will save my chocolate and biscuit money towwards a tummy tuck! Lol! I know it could happen, but yeah, you're right, better a bit of sag than obese...x

i was 15 stone at my heaviest, 3 kids including a c section so my tummy leaves a lot to be desired. however, i do have saggy skin, stretch marks etc BUT now i have incorporated some exercise into the mix(been doing sw 9 months), i can feel stomach muscles under my skin. so over the next year, even when i reach target i'll still be exercising and hopefully i'll get down to minimal saggyness...i'm never going to be sag or stretchmark free, but i can make the best of it and be happy with myself for that. :) try not to worry about it too much, the health based benefits outweigh the cosmetic side of things xx

Thanks for posting this, I am also an apple and need to lose about three stone and am worried about deflated saggy chest and excess skin on tummy. Am hoping exercise and slow but steady weight loss would prevent this. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated from those who have already run the gauntlet!

Thanks

I'm also worrying about this. I've lost 2 stone with at least another 2.5 stone to go and I have started to notice a wobbly tummy recently. I'm worried about how much worse it will get. I guess it's time to start to incorporate exercise - not just healthy eating in the hope that I'll be lighter and not so wobbly by target.

Back