Has anyone else fallen in love with the Asia book?

got mines today and oh my it looks fab :)

Got sent a copy of this book and ca't wait to try some things this week!! :)

got the book last thursday and hubbie is doing the vietnamese chicken from it for me birthday tea tonight :)

I get mine next week, can't wait! :)

I made the sauce for the sweet and sour chicken that you have to make before you stir-fry the rest, and thought it smelt and tasted awful, far too tomatoey for me!

I made it and thought it was lovely, but it does change its look and taste right at the end, when you put the pineapple in! Best SW sweet and sour I've done, that's for sure (although my egg fried rice continues to be a disaster, but that's another matter!)

I made it and thought it was lovely, but it does change its look and taste right at the end, when you put the pineapple in! Best SW sweet and sour I've done, that's for sure (although my egg fried rice continues to be a disaster, but that's another matter!)

Maybe I will try it again, and not taste before cooking!

Just received a rep for my puppy thank you to the kind person :)
We've tried the sweet and sour but we use the double strength orange juice and more vinegar so it's less 'tomato-ey' plus I've taken the corn flour out and it's not made much difference to the quality and it takes the syns out :)

Just received a rep for my puppy thank you to the kind person :)
We've tried the sweet and sour but we use the double strength orange juice and more vinegar so it's less 'tomato-ey' plus I've taken the corn flour out and it's not made much difference to the quality and it takes the syns out :)

Might give your version a go, did you still use the amount of tomato puree?

Hey :)

I reduced the tomato puree a little bit, instead of 4tbsp I did 3, but I kept checking as I mixed the ingredients in :)
I went to my friend's house last weekend, my friends were having pizza and chinese take away and I had my home cooked food and it tasted gorgeous, didn't feel like I was missing out at all :)

I bought this book at group last week but haven't had chance to make anything from it yet. My parents and I have decided to have something from it on Saturday night. I'm thinking chicken & sweetcorn soup and then either beef in blackbean sauce or the lemon chicken. Yum!

I had the lemon chicken last night :) Think next up to try is the pork adobe!

I made the Malaysian Red Pepper and Chicken Curry on Saturday and it was absolutely stunning!!

86252d1365869816-princess-diaries-image-121145425.jpg

Made lemon chicken tonight, was lovely and DH loved it. Just need to add more juice and zest next time!

Attachments

• image-2279072851.jpg
    image-2279072851.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 249
My partner and I bought this book last week - best SW recipe book ever, in my opinion! We went on a sushi-making course a couple of weeks ago and were inspired to have a go at making our own, so tried the syn-free smoked slamon version in the book, and it's gorgeous! I bloody love sushi, ha ha! The bang-bang chicken salad is also really gorgeous and the sauce/dressing that goes with it can be added to pretty much any stir-fried meat and veg. I love satay flavours! xx

Donburi Yakitori was fab and tonight we made the Sri Lankan Beef Curry, although we made it with chicken and added mushrooms too - it was absolutely fantastic!

Back