Has anyone else hit a platue?

Yasmine

One last chance
I don't know if it's the fact of using a lot of ice in my shakes that's causing my weight loss to slow down or if this is where it starts to get harder.

I've been losing 2-3 lbs lately and it's getting me pissed off and worried because it's nearly May and I want to be able to refeed and practise maintaining before I go to Morocco.

Has anyone else hit a platue and if so, what can you do to push the weight loss further?

Well, a plateau is where you stay the same weight for a few weeks. You just want to up your losses. I'd suggest upping your exercise so you're burning even more calories than normal so your losses increase. I don't think the amount of ice you take would matter unless you're not drinking enough water as well?

Ah ah - be careful with exercise! If you are burning too many calories your body can put itself into starvation mode therefore losses can decrease. Ive started a thread on it and somebody explained this - have a look for it.

Honey 2-3lbs loss a week is amazing!!!!
I think you are not getting big losses cuz you are now so light!
Look at how heavy you started compared to how heavy you are now.

The bigger you are the more you lose quicker - its just the bodys way thats all.

Also certain types of exercises will be building muscle, and muscle weighs heavier than fat. Although the scales have slowed down, maybe your inch loss is greater so it might be worth measuring yourself regularly.

i found that i had got to the stage where i was losing 2lbs a week and i upped my exercise. i joined the gym and lost 4lbs that week. and this week i have already lost 4lbs and i have 4 days left till weigh in!
but losing 2-3lbs a week is really good considering you are a lot lighter now.

ur ticker shows that you have 39lbs left to lose, just remember that u have got a month and a half before the beginning of may and you can lose alot by then. and remember when we talked about stopping when you feel more comfortable with your size etc? see how you get on till april and then consider refeeding and maintaining. you will continue to lose some weight during refeeding and maintenance if you carry on exercising. dont be too hard on yourself honey, i really wouldnt call this a plateau coz you are losing! xx you'll be fine.. pwomise :p

muscle weighs heavier than fat.

No it doesnt!

Its like saying whats heavier - a tonne of bricks or a tonne of feathers?!!!!

They both weigh the same!

The thing with muscle and fat is fat is more spread out and takes up much more room where as muscle is more toned and together therefore taking up less room in your body!

5lbs of fat is the same weight as 5lbs of muscle.

No it doesnt!

Its like saying whats heavier - a tonne of bricks or a tonne of feathers?!!!!

They both weigh the same!

The thing with muscle and fat is fat is more spread out and takes up much more room where as muscle is more toned and together therefore taking up less room in your body!

5lbs of fat is the same weight as 5lbs of muscle.

I know that now too, I also read the other thread where we got the brilliant information, nice to learn new things instead of going along with the old myths that have been drilled into us.

i had about 4 weeks where i lost 3lbs per week then suddenly in one week i lost 6lbs.

Trust me that weight is going to drop off when you least expect it.

I know that now too, I also read the other thread where we got the brilliant information, nice to learn new things instead of going along with the old myths that have been drilled into us.

Isnt it just! My bf told me that muscle weighed more the other day - felt good to correct him!! lol

haha!!!

Oh god i remember saying that all the time when i was younger - in the good ol spice girl days!!! lol

Haha, well I do feel younger since losing weight, but not quite a spice girl........giggling to myself.

hah!!!

Kred you look absolutly amazing in your pics!!!! Look like a completly different woman!!

:D

Thank you so much everyone. I hope you're all right.

I have to say the title of this thread had me worried for a minute! Don't tell me people hit plateaus on LT!!!! Of course they don't. 2-3lbs a week is deffo NOT a plateau! PHEW!!!!!

We always want more don't we?? ..... keep up the good work, you're doing fantastically! xx

I have to say the title of this thread had me worried for a minute! Don't tell me people hit plateaus on LT!!!! Of course they don't. 2-3lbs a week is deffo NOT a plateau! PHEW!!!!!

We always want more don't we?? ..... keep up the good work, you're doing fantastically! xx
Thanks hunny. I just think of it that way, I mean losing 2lbs seems pathetic for me. I'm close to target and my body decides to be a total ***** and slow down the weight loss.

2lbs is still a bag of sugar that you're not carrying about with you !

yasmine - 2lbs is 16 sausages!!!!!

You body is being an ******** because its weighing so much lighter now than when you first started! Take it as a good sign chick :D

i upped the amount of exercise but also increased the amoutn of water i drank and my final loss i had before i went onto refeed was 7lbs! so worked for me but then everyone is different :)

h xx

Back