Has anyone else's appetite shrunk?!?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by tigerlily88, 14 April 2009 Social URL.

1. tigerlily88

tigerlily88 Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    cos I swear mine has!!! I really struggle to eat my HEs. I've been doing Mix2Max.
    And I am STUFFED!!!! My food intake doesn't seem like much compared to what I used to eat. Does your stomach shrink as you lose weight? Cos I remember at my slimmest (9st 7, 3 years ago, oh my!!) I could never finish HALF a takeaway but at my biggest (13st 4) I could polish one off easily and be noshing on biscuits 1/2 hour later!! :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    your stomach can shrink, but only if you are putting less into it.

i wouldn't say i eat less on SW, i have hungry days where i am constantly eating and other days where i only eat twice a day.

i think this plan affects everyone differently.

4. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They say that our stomach's are only the same size as our fists. Personally I think mines the same size as my head :(

Last edited: 14 April 2009
  5. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    That has to be my quote of the week. They should make that a facebook status.
    I agree though. I have days when I could eat for England, and other days where I go until 7pm without eating, because I'm just not hungry.

6. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    I have definatley seen a reduction in appetite, but I force myself to eat . I know that once the starvation mode in the boby met rate kicks in..... you are storing fat not burning. It can take as little as 10 hours for this to happen....OMG

Phil x

7. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol...you right. I might just do that...lol

8. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's what I believe. If you starve your body totally of the good things which have syns then your body will just hold onto them. I think us women do this with water too. Very few people actually drink enough fluids throughout the day. I know I'm terrible for it.:(

9. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    What I do Is every night I make a two litre bottle of ROBINSONS no sugar juice and pop it in the fridge so its nice and cold and drink it through the day. This was one of my problems as I didn;t drink enough through the day, then I would come home and drink two pints of cold milK. The bottle thing I do also ensures me that I drink enough through the day.

Phil X

10. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    My appetite over the last month has certainly shrunk so sometimes I do feel like I am eating just for the hell of it but I have decided now that if I am having a hungry day I will eat & if not then I will just eat less but make sure what I eat are speed foods & my healthy extra's.
    That's why I love doing SW so much - if I have a hungry day then I can go for it without feeling c**p afterwards.

11. Rachelina

Rachelina Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm not necessarily convinced your stomach shrinks so much as over time you learn to listen to your body and eat until you stop feeling hungry rather than eating until you feel absolutely stuffed (which is what I used to do!), I think a lot of our weight problems are around eating because we want to (for various reasons) and not because we are hungry.

12. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I know that your stomach can shrink with the less you eat but I think that mostly what happens with SW is you are eating foods which fill you up quicker and keep you full for longer. How many times have you had a McD's, felt bloated straight after then ravenously hungry an hour later?!

I think it's more about making the right food choices than less food cus i certainly don't eat less but I eat better. I couldn't eat the crap I used to eat!

13. cathy44

cathy44 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(19.59%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OMG thats cheered me up lol :8855::8855:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.