Has anyone else's appetite shrunk?!?

cos I swear mine has!!! I really struggle to eat my HEs. I've been doing Mix2Max.
And I am STUFFED!!!! My food intake doesn't seem like much compared to what I used to eat. Does your stomach shrink as you lose weight? Cos I remember at my slimmest (9st 7, 3 years ago, oh my!!) I could never finish HALF a takeaway but at my biggest (13st 4) I could polish one off easily and be noshing on biscuits 1/2 hour later!! :eek:

your stomach can shrink, but only if you are putting less into it.

i wouldn't say i eat less on SW, i have hungry days where i am constantly eating and other days where i only eat twice a day.

i think this plan affects everyone differently.

They say that our stomach's are only the same size as our fists. Personally I think mines the same size as my head :(

Last edited:
They say that our stomach's are only the same size as our fists. Personally I think mines the same size as my head :(

That has to be my quote of the week. They should make that a facebook status.
I agree though. I have days when I could eat for England, and other days where I go until 7pm without eating, because I'm just not hungry.

I have definatley seen a reduction in appetite, but I force myself to eat . I know that once the starvation mode in the boby met rate kicks in..... you are storing fat not burning. It can take as little as 10 hours for this to happen....OMG

Phil x

That has to be my quote of the week. They should make that a facebook status.
I agree though. I have days when I could eat for England, and other days where I go until 7pm without eating, because I'm just not hungry.

Lol...you right. I might just do that...lol

I have definatley seen a reduction in appetite, but I force myself to eat . I know that once the starvation mode in the boby met rate kicks in..... you are storing fat not burning. It can take as little as 10 hours for this to happen....OMG

Phil x

That's what I believe. If you starve your body totally of the good things which have syns then your body will just hold onto them. I think us women do this with water too. Very few people actually drink enough fluids throughout the day. I know I'm terrible for it.:(

What I do Is every night I make a two litre bottle of ROBINSONS no sugar juice and pop it in the fridge so its nice and cold and drink it through the day. This was one of my problems as I didn;t drink enough through the day, then I would come home and drink two pints of cold milK. The bottle thing I do also ensures me that I drink enough through the day.

Phil X

My appetite over the last month has certainly shrunk so sometimes I do feel like I am eating just for the hell of it but I have decided now that if I am having a hungry day I will eat & if not then I will just eat less but make sure what I eat are speed foods & my healthy extra's.
That's why I love doing SW so much - if I have a hungry day then I can go for it without feeling c**p afterwards.

I'm not necessarily convinced your stomach shrinks so much as over time you learn to listen to your body and eat until you stop feeling hungry rather than eating until you feel absolutely stuffed (which is what I used to do!), I think a lot of our weight problems are around eating because we want to (for various reasons) and not because we are hungry.

I know that your stomach can shrink with the less you eat but I think that mostly what happens with SW is you are eating foods which fill you up quicker and keep you full for longer. How many times have you had a McD's, felt bloated straight after then ravenously hungry an hour later?!

I think it's more about making the right food choices than less food cus i certainly don't eat less but I eat better. I couldn't eat the crap I used to eat!

Back