Has anyone ever had their hair braided? Not sure if this is braiding or cd related!!

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
I had mine done on honeymoon and finally took them all out this morning, it took hours!! One thing I did notice is my hair was coming out IN HANDFULS when I was washing the conditioner off afterwards that I'd put on to help take the braids out.. Is this just normal "2 week hair loss" concentrated into one go or have I done something to my scalp? Or am I finally getting the "hair loss" which some people talk about with SS? I've never really had it before that i've noticed..

Also - when I was on the beach, I did my best to cover my head up but, while I was walking round the resort one day, the lines of scalp that show through the braids got a little pink.. They've now started to peel - which was fine, until I took the braids out..

Now it looks like I have dandruff - which I've never suffered from in my life!!

How do I get rid of looking like a walking snowstorm?! (it's not horrific but I have black hair so it's noticable!!)

Thank you!!!

hi there my dd had hers done when we went to the dominican in january and her hair was coming out in handfull s after wards and like you she peeled all down her scalp i put a little bit of olive oil on and and rubbed it lightly to get it of
hope this helps

Thanks Joanne, that's really helpful! I'll put some olive oil on in a bit!

Oooh, where in the Dominican republic did you go? :) We went to St Lucia this time but, funnily enough, we've just bookmarked a hotel in the Dom Rep (Costa Dorada) for next year possibly!!

a friend had the same trouble and used baby oil, worked very well but just be careful not to put too much on or it can make your hair look greasy x

I think its just dead hair hun, you've not been able to comb it for 2 weeks and normally you'd do it every day with allittle hair lost( left in the brush, sink etc) thats what normally happens but your scalp sounds sun burnt.

I think its just normal dead hair but tight plaits can put a strain on the root of the follicle so be gentle with it for a while...warm olive oil will do you the world of good!!

Butterfly
xx

Thanks guys!!

At least the flaking has really settled down - and I hadn't put any olive oil or anything on it yet! Just two or three "lines" along my scalp, should have settled right down by the time I go back to work on Weds!

Thank you so much again!

xx

I have my hair braided all the time, with extentions & dreads. Hair loss is normal, as it is not really hair loss as such just the trapped hair that usually sheds daily (we don't really notice it daily as it only small amounts). I have my braids/dreads in for 4 months at a time so you can imagine the amount that is trapped :eek:

Nothing to worry about, honest!....xxxx

hi sunflowerbride we stayed at the gran ventana it was grat the best holday ever ,i went paragliding i loved you ll have a great time, it was in playa dorada which hotel you staying at, we are going back next year can t wait

Back