has anyone ever lost loads of weight and NEVER won SOTW/SOTM?

Just wondering this as a bit disheartened.

I joined the same week as a lot of big blokes joined the group I go to. I accepted that for the first while at group I didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting SOTW or SOTM. They've all slowed down now and so I finally see myself as having a fair chance at winning this before all the inevitable new people at new year join.

Earlier last month I was going great guns losing at a rate of 3.5lbs a week! Then I had a blip as I weighed at a different time of day due to work commitments and it said I'd put on 2lbs when really, it was just a case of different time of day weight. Sure enough the next week I was back down and had lost even more weight but was now ineligible for SOTW or SOtM. I lost more in my month than the winner of SOTM. I know it's only a bit of paper but it's something I would like to win at least once on my journey. I see loads of people who have SOTW and month in their sig blocks over and over again and I'm a teeny bit jealous lol.

So I'm just wondering if any of you lot out there have lost significant amounts of weight without ever being awarded these?

I know it's only a bit of paper but the mental boost/boost to confidence would be amazing for me.

I've only ever won it twice, and I've been on my journey for quite a while. It's not a big thing for me though. Just a loss in general means more to me than getting SOTW/M.

To be honest for me as i have won loads of them it can put you under a load of pressure. Me and my bro joined together and i think since we have joined we have had every SOTW or SOTM apart from about 5 SOTW and the last SOTM and that is only just recently as i have reached target and my bro has had a few problems and has not been going to class.

I have felt constant pressure after i lost 12lbs in the first week as most people will ask before the class has started if i have lost. And i know its not there fault but it has put a hell of a lot of pressure on me to lose big numbers. I still would have tried as hard as i have and probably still be were i am now but it can get a bit much when over half the class are asking how much you have lost every week and are expecting you to lose every week.

Last week and for the first time this year i actually put 4.5lb on which was no pun intended like a weight lifted from my shoulders. I do think the pressure is off me now though and ive mentioned this on another thread i have done this for me and thats all that matters. All i want is to be fit and healthy for the rest of my life and i am on the right track to achieving that now.

You have done fantastic so far so i wouldnt worry about certificates, think about what you have already achieved so far and how much it has changed your life and will continue to do so for the rest of you life :)

To be honest for me as i have won loads of them it can put you under a load of pressure. Me and my bro joined together and i think since we have joined we have had every SOTW or SOTM apart from about 5 SOTW and the last SOTM and that is only just recently as i have reached target and my bro has had a few problems and has not been going to class.

I have felt constant pressure after i lost 12lbs in the first week as most people will ask before the class has started if i have lost. And i know its not there fault but it has put a hell of a lot of pressure on me to lose big numbers. I still would have tried as hard as i have and probably still be were i am now but it can get a bit much when over half the class are asking how much you have lost every week and are expecting you to lose every week.

Last week and for the first time this year i actually put 4.5lb on which was no pun intended like a weight lifted from my shoulders. I do think the pressure is off me now though and ive mentioned this on another thread i have done this for me and thats all that matters. All i want is to be fit and healthy for the rest of my life and i am on the right track to achieving that now.

You have done fantastic so far so i wouldnt worry about certificates, think about what you have already achieved so far and how much it has changed your life and will continue to do so for the rest of you life :)
I totally agree that it can out more pressure on you- I was winning SOTW pretty much constantly and although chuffed about it, felt it was expected of me every week.
I put on 4lbs last week and expect a big loss this week but obviously won't get SOTW and I'm happy about that, because it gives someone else a chance to have their "moment of glory" :)

If you go when other people don't usually go eg during holidays when a lot of people get derailed or around bank holidays then you have a better chance. At least that's how it seems to have worked in our group. Most of the people who were losing the most had children so wouldn't be able to come or would be a bit up and down as they were out of routine so it meant I got a chance. I got it one week with a 3.5 loss and another with 2.5 I think. It is a little boost if you aren't usually the one to get it. Good luck :)

Just wondering this as a bit disheartened.

I joined the same week as a lot of big blokes joined the group I go to. I accepted that for the first while at group I didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting SOTW or SOTM. They've all slowed down now and so I finally see myself as having a fair chance at winning this before all the inevitable new people at new year join.

Earlier last month I was going great guns losing at a rate of 3.5lbs a week! Then I had a blip as I weighed at a different time of day due to work commitments and it said I'd put on 2lbs when really, it was just a case of different time of day weight. Sure enough the next week I was back down and had lost even more weight but was now ineligible for SOTW or SOtM. I lost more in my month than the winner of SOTM. I know it's only a bit of paper but it's something I would like to win at least once on my journey. I see loads of people who have SOTW and month in their sig blocks over and over again and I'm a teeny bit jealous lol.

So I'm just wondering if any of you lot out there have lost significant amounts of weight without ever being awarded these?

I know it's only a bit of paper but the mental boost/boost to confidence would be amazing for me.

SOTM is not cancelled out because of gains. This month I had my very first ever gain at the end, was at target at the beginning and still won it. Because the winner of slimmer of the week hadnt stayed for the body image, I walked away with the fruit!

That's eight slimmers of the month now (just to annoy you!).

I did tell my group that I was about to get into my new target, and shouldnt be winning any more slimmer of the months from now on. But, i said that two months ago..

Last edited:

There is an expectation and a groan when you win these things repeatedly. Like you i had my first gain last week (how bizarre?) I have tried to shake it off. Have gone success this week, to what looks like no avail. Have been keeping 100%.

I think i know now what it's like for those with not much to lose!! Damn hard!

I won slimmer of the month twice and slimmer of the week about 6-7 times (will have to look at my book!) and some people can be a bit horrible about it, one woman always asks me how much i have lost like - how much have you lost this week? a stone??? - but she says it in a really sarcastic tone and it does make me a bit pressured and like i should feel guilty...its not my fault i have big losses sometimes!!!
Most people are happy for me though! Its just about the way your body works...i have big losses but then i can stay around one figure for weeks, then have another big loss, so im not losing it any faster but just differently. A lady i know tries so hard every week, and every week she loses 1lb...she gets disheartened but i say to her if she spreads out my weight loss it averages out to 1lb a week, so she is still losing as much as me overall!! XXX

I don't understand why people get funny about people who win SOTW a lot, seriously? some people need to grow up. I thought I would never win SOTW week again being at target and only won it once before then, we've had people in our group who for a few weeks or even months at a time get the SOTW, yeah I'd lie if I said I wasn't a little bit jealous, but I am honestly happy for them, whether they're loosing big amounts because they're male, or because they have quite a lot to loose, or because they're just very good at sticking to plan it doesn't matter because they are doing amazing!

Anyway forgot to add, although I thought I'd never get SOTW again, I got it last week... which really surprised me.

Tbh I don't really think its fair to base sotw on just weight loss alone. I think their PDAs that they have should be able to calculate each member height and bmi against their weight loss so it would be a percentage of weight lost for their body type.

I think that will give people who have less to lose or closer to target a chance to win.

I'm currently losing in average 2.5 lbs per week according to my C and that to be a pretty big weight loss for someone who is well within their healthy bmi and only 3lbs away from target but I never win anything because their are alot of ppl in my group with a lot more to lose so they lose around 3-6 lbs per week but I'm sure if u worked out the percentage of fat I lose I agonist the percentage of fat some other ppl may lose then u will get a more accurate answer a to who has lose more and to be the sotw an sotm would give everyone A fair chance and keep everyone motivated

Tbh I don't really think its fair to base sotw on just weight loss alone. I think their PDAs that they have should be able to calculate each member height and bmi against their weight loss so it would be a percentage of weight lost for their body type.

I think that will give people who have less to lose or closer to target a chance to win.

I'm currently losing in average 2.5 lbs per week according to my C and that to be a pretty big weight loss for someone who is well within their healthy bmi and only 3lbs away from target but I never win anything because their are alot of ppl in my group with a lot more to lose so they lose around 3-6 lbs per week but I'm sure if u worked out the percentage of fat I lose I agonist the percentage of fat some other ppl may lose then u will get a more accurate answer a to who has lose more and to be the sotw an sotm would give everyone A fair chance and keep everyone motivated

I see where you are coming from but let's face it, it's a weight loss club so the award is for losing the most weight. I've won SOTW by losing a pound before if the bigger losers are on hold, gained the previous week or had a bad week.

As long as the weight comes off I don't care about a certificate.

I see where you are coming from but let's face it, it's a weight loss club so the award is for losing the most weight. I've won SOTW by losing a pound before if the bigger losers are on hold, gained the previous week or had a bad week.

As long as the weight comes off I don't care about a certificate.

Some ppl to like the motivation and that's what the sotw is for. And it's motivating for me knowing ill never stand a chance wining anything because I'm at the end of my journey

Some ppl to like the motivation and that's what the sotw is for. And it's motivating for me knowing ill never stand a chance wining anything because I'm at the end of my journey

I know what it's for :) and you do stand a chance. I've still won it as a target member. Have a maintain and a good week to follow and the big losers aren't there and I won it.

You could win Top Target Member, woman if the year, miss slinky ...... Stay at target a year and you get your diamond badge.

Never knew there was those awards. I stand corrected :p. still think sotw should be on percentage tho lol

I do it from home and make up my own awards and stickers lol

Lol I've had to make up my own awards at home too. Just to keep my motivated on a weekly basis

I do like the idea of having a SOTW that loses the most amount of lbs and SOTW that has lost the biggest percentage. they could/would be the same person most weeks and it would get a bit confusing but i can understand that it is frustrating if you do not have a lot to lose.

Im just glad that someone else will be winning them from now on and the pressure is off haha. And i will be looking forward to cheering them on.

Those people with loads to lose, winning the SOTW and SOTM on a regular basis, arent thinking isnt it great i'm winning these awards, they are thinking, I hope one day I'll look like her (you!).

Those people with loads to lose, winning the SOTW and SOTM on a regular basis, arent thinking isnt it great i'm winning these awards, they are thinking, I hope one day I'll look like her (you!).

I do know that ppl are hoping to get at the end of their journey. Just like me but that does not mean I shouldn't want to feel like me hard is being recongised and maybe received one award while I'm still losing

I've had sotw about 3 times, sotm twice and I've been there since march!! Tottally doesn't matter for me about getting these, I'm not gonna compete with anybody, my journey is my own and I am happy with 1-2lb per week losses. The only time I've had anything over a 3lb loss is when I've had a gain the week before lol (which has only happened twice mind!!) A man joined our group the other week and said he has 16st to lose!! So obviously he is getting the sotw/sotm awards recently. His lowest loss has been about 4lb its just amazing!! But getting the awards for him (I think) is important cos he has a long long way to go, and I bet it spurs him on

I have to agree, although I have my homemade stickers I dont really care too much about all that stuff. I have claimed my 1/2 stone from my husband but haven't even got round to asking him for my 1st, 1 1/2 and 2 stone stickers yet. the biggest motivation for me is feeling healthier and fitting nicer clothes, not a sticker.

I do feel sorry for the people with big losses who get SOTW and SOTM all the time - quite a few have posted on here about nasty comments from people at their group or even avoiding staying to group to avoid keep getting it cos it's embarrassing.

I find it so sad that people are nasty to them for winning it regularly - it's not like they wrote the rules! (not saying anyone in this thread would do this of course!)

Oh god, our group is not like that at all. No one is awful to anyone its honestly such a lovely group and if you win something, everyone is there to say well done. The man I was talking about, we're all saying to him how well he has done so far. If anyone said to me about him winning the awards all the time I would deffo stick up for him. :)

You're right the biggest satisfaction is the clothes sizes going down and feeling fitter but I must admit I get excited when I reach a new half stone award lol x

Back