has anyone ever lost loads of weight and NEVER won SOTW/SOTM?

I've had sotw about 3 times, sotm twice and I've been there since march!! Tottally doesn't matter for me about getting these, I'm not gonna compete with anybody, my journey is my own and I am happy with 1-2lb per week losses. The only time I've had anything over a 3lb loss is when I've had a gain the week before lol (which has only happened twice mind!!) A man joined our group the other week and said he has 16st to lose!! So obviously he is getting the sotw/sotm awards recently. His lowest loss has been about 4lb its just amazing!! But getting the awards for him (I think) is important cos he has a long long way to go, and I bet it spurs him on

At sixteen stone, you are right he needs a lot of encouragement. Good on him for making the most difficult step, coming to group.

I find it so sad that people are nasty to them for winning it regularly - it's not like they wrote the rules! (not saying anyone in this thread would do this of course!)

I dont think i have had nasty comments, just the inevitable friendly tuts. The consultant says "and finally Slimmer of the month goes to " and everyone automatically looks at me...

I dont think i have had nasty comments, just the inevitable friendly tuts. The consultant says "and finally Slimmer of the month goes to " and everyone automatically looks at me...
That used to happen to me with the SOTW and tonight when they asked who had lost what and it got to 4.5lbs off and my hand went up, I could tell people weren't exactly surprised!!

I've lost over 5 stone since January, and have only won SOTW and SOTM once each. In fact, both times I didn't even win them outright, but was joint winner with someone else. They were nice to win but I'm not bothered that I've only had them once. My weekly losses may not be quite as big as other peoples, but my weight loss has been much more consistant than everyone else at our group. I'm motivated by the half stone awards (I've got 10 of them stuck on my book now!) and the fact that I feel better about myself with every loss! I've dropped from a size 18/20 to 10/12 and feel fab!

I've lost over 5 stone since January, and have only won SOTW and SOTM once each. In fact, both times I didn't even win them outright, but was joint winner with someone else. They were nice to win but I'm not bothered that I've only had them once. My weekly losses may not be quite as big as other peoples, but my weight loss has been much more consistant than everyone else at our group. I'm motivated by the half stone awards (I've got 10 of them stuck on my book now!) and the fact that I feel better about myself with every loss! I've dropped from a size 18/20 to 10/12 and feel fab!

Youve got a tough group, but congrats on the weight loss!

I have A LOT of weight to lose and have only been going for 11 weeks and won 7 SOTW and 2 SOTM. But I am actually becoming embarrassed and feeling bad now!

Some people try so hard and are not getting anything. Of course I am going to lose more, I am twice the size of some people, but that doesn't mean I worked any harder or am doing any better than anyone. In my first week I lost 1 stone 1 lb. For some people that is there whole weight loss.

I agree with the people saying it should be by percentage body weight!

Last edited:
I have A LOT of weight to lose and have only been going for 11 weeks and won 7 SOTW and 2 SOTM. But I am actually becoming embarrassed and feeling bad now!

Some people try so hard and are not getting anything. Of course I am going to lose more, I am twice the size of some people, but that doesn't mean I worked any harder or am doing any better than anyone. In my first week I lost 1 stone 1 lb. For some people that is there whole weight loss.

I agree with the people saying it should be by percentage body weight!

Thanks amazing Lisa!! Well done. Don't feel bad about winning sotw!!
I was just having a hard day and week and would have really have loved an award and was just venting :) x

I've won SOTW four times and SOTM twice, I've not won anything for a few months now though! I don't mind, awards aren't everything. Our group is quite even - there's no one who started at a particularly high weight atm so we all seem to lose a similar amount per week and the awards get spread around! I do love the SOTM stickers though, would quite like another one or two of those! ;)

Thanks amazing Lisa!! Well done. Don't feel bad about winning sotw!!
I was just having a hard day and week and would have really have loved an award and was just venting :) x

No I completely understand!! I feel bad getting it all the time when there are people doing just as well as me. It does make me feel all happy to get stickers and certificates but everyone deserves it if they are losing. x

Back