Anyone had a period after 16 months - frightened.

kazd

My last period was Feb 15 and then out of the blue I started a very light period, all of a sudden the couple of days previous sore boobs made sense, coupled with a few spots on my chin. However, googled it (I know) and freaked myself out as considered to be abnormal and suggested trip to Docs.

Doc said she was reassured by my symptoms but couldn't not investigate it. I am currently on holiday but will have an ultrasound when I get back. Keep swinging between panic and depression that it might be something sinister and giving myself a good shake and telling myself to get a grip.

Are there any of you out there who have had a similar experience. I asked the Doc if it was common and she said it was not uncommon. 99% of me thinks that all the symptoms point to a normal period - a last hurrah I have seen it described as. But the 1% Mrs Negative is thinking even if it is a last hurrah they could still find something.

However, it has made me think that if all is okay I am definitely getting on the wagon and losing weight, carrying an extra 5 stone around is going to help me any.

you dont mention how old you are honey..... depending on your age that can be perfectly normal x

you dont mention how old you are honey..... depending on your age that can be perfectly normal x
Hi

Sorry, forgot that. I have just turned 53, googled it and says bleeding after 12 months is considered abnormal and should consult the docs. Thank you

Same age as me then.... well actually I turned 54 last week.....

I would not get worried by the google thing......

You have consulted the doctor... who due to your symptoms thinks you are having a normal period..... now that will not just be the symptoms that you told them about... that will be all the other symptoms you didn't mention.... the ones that would indicate to them that it could be something else...

Also as far as google saying abnormal..... there are different kinds of normal.... remember in maths were there were different kinds of average.... it's like that..... imagine a circle... that starts off such a deep red in the middle that it almost looks black.... and the edge pale pink.... the centre would be a few ladies who have a 28 day cycle then bam one day no more... and never again..... now that doesn't happen to many ladies..... very few in fact.... is it still "normal" yes of course it is...... most ladies come into the fading to brightish pink area.... periods become a bit hit and miss then stop, this time can also be very different for each - but still perfectly normal.... now I am in the paleish pink.. because mine went hit and miss.... but I did go a bit over a year with out then had 2 six months apart.... was that usual.... not hugely.... was it still "normal" definitely..... you my love and just in the palest of pink unusual but still in the widest parameters of what is normal......

By all means have a scan to put your mind at rest..... but please don't panic sweetie.... we women are strange and mysterious creatures...

sending you cyber hugs x

Hi

I didn't have any other symptoms and I didn't even connect the three chin spots to hormonal until I read someone had a similar experience.

My symptoms were typical of a normal (but light) period, a little cramping the first day and a light period for approx 5 days.

My periods had got quite intermittent and I had a record for several years prior but lost the info when my app crashed. So I only had a few incidences to record. They were Jul 9/13 31 Days, 90 days, 105 Days, 46 Days, 80 Days, 236 Days and then finally 501 Days to the period that occurred just a week ago.

Thank you, you are very reassuring. x

You are more than welcome x

Strange things periods..... guess who's had one pop up.... it must have been like.... hey you talking about me.... hmmmm

Back