Has anyone here switched from Cambridge?

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
How did you find the switch? What were your losses like at first?

I'm considering switching so all advice will be gratefully received!

Gem x

A few people had small losses on their first week and a few have had a gain. Even if you do have a week one gain it probably won't be much and you'll see a loss in week 2 x

Hey Elvira, I am a former CDer and switched to WW earlier on this year as I could no longer carry on CD (financially and mentally). It was one of the best choices I have made all year and would totally recommend it if you are thinking about it. I did not actually put on my first week of WW and I actually lost 5.5lbs but I did have 1 and a bit weeks of CD before I started WW. But I would definately consider moving if your struggling with CD :) Post us to let us know, we are a lovely bunch over here!

Thanks guys :)

Anthony Smith (that is my dad's name!!! :eek:), I am 99% sure I will be changing over on Monday. I'm hoping to go to the meeting on Thursday as well. I'm so sick of not eating now, and yes, the cost of Cambridge is immense! I really can't afford it any longer. I am a poor student after all!

I shall indeed keep you posted :D x

Good good, !! wow what a coincidence lol. Im sure you will love weight watchers. On a very very unprofessional level here, try to eat as much as you can before your Thursday meeting, this will help your body get out of the CD mood and will more likely lose the first week of WW :)

That is SO unprofessional lol but yes, I am trying to introduce carbs back into my diet this week so that I don't gain 8lbs or something silly when I start WW.

I AM DEFINITELY SWITCHING :D

I've cancelled my CDC for this week and I am going to the WW meeting on Thursday. Going to get the monthly membership to save a few pennies.

Just bought a points calculator on eBay for £11. Is that reasonable? Most I saw were about £20!!!!

have you got the new propoints one? The old one won't work anymore with the new diet! :(

£11 is a good price for it, as it's on sale on the ww website for £11.95. Don't buy it any more expensive than that :)

Oh glad to hear it you will love WW like the rest of us :)

And yes Julia is right, is it the old plan calculator or new one?

Um...not sure actually. It said 2010 so I assumed it was current. Don't tell me I've just wasted £11 :mad:

That would be so my luck! x

Doh!

Looking at the picture on eBay and the picture on the WW site (which I should have checked first I guess :rolleyes:) they don't look the same.

Oh well. WW say the ProPoints calculator is out of stock until January so I shall weight (get it?) and buy one when it comes back in stock. Meanwhile I shall try to offload this other one when it arrives :p

Doh!

Looking at the picture on eBay and the picture on the WW site (which I should have checked first I guess :rolleyes:) they don't look the same.

Oh well. WW say the ProPoints calculator is out of stock until January so I shall weight (get it?) and buy one when it comes back in stock. Meanwhile I shall try to offload this other one when it arrives :p

you might be able to find it at meetings if your leader hasn't run out!

Um...not sure actually. It said 2010 so I assumed it was current. Don't tell me I've just wasted £11 :mad:

That would be so my luck! x

you can always sell it on ebay again ;) or ask anyone who is still following the discover plan if they need one!

That is SO unprofessional lol but yes, I am trying to introduce carbs back into my diet this week so that I don't gain 8lbs or something silly when I start WW.

I AM DEFINITELY SWITCHING :D

I've cancelled my CDC for this week and I am going to the WW meeting on Thursday. Going to get the monthly membership to save a few pennies.

Just bought a points calculator on eBay for £11. Is that reasonable? Most I saw were about £20!!!!

Hmmm Gem, I have also moved, I was quite ill last week and so as getting no better by the weekend, I moved to WW and the new pro points plan, I have stuck to it all week and dont think I have put on any weight.... so I am really pleased, I was on CD 100% SS for 3 weeks, so no gain IMO is good.... you should do well Gem!!

Thanks hun! Glad to see you are still on your way downwards! :D x

Well I lost 0.6lb this week which is a loss considering I just stopped CD last Thursday and was expecting a slight gain... fingers crossed for a better loss next week, but I wouldn't worry about not losing in your first week if I was you.

Good luck!!

No I'm trying not to. 0.6lbs is still a loss!

I've been really naughty these past couple of days but will be onto it properly tomorrow. Got to get some shopping in! x

Just finished my first week (well, 5 days) on WW ProPoints and I loved it! I lost 3lbs as well so I'm chuffed!! x

Just finished my first week (well, 5 days) on WW ProPoints and I loved it! I lost 3lbs as well so I'm chuffed!! x

very well done!!! :D

Oh well done, eating and loosing weight!:)
X

Back