Has anyone missed a shake and noticed the weight slow up?

approaching 40

Hi,

I am still 100% TFR but this is the 2nd day this week when I have been too busy/stressed to get all 3 shakes down.

The last 24 hours my weight looks like it is going up not down.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I missed a couple last week and had a slower weight loss. But it never went up.
Are you drinking lots of water? If you don't drink enough your body can retain some of the water you do drink and this could possibly cause it.

I wouldn't worry, maybe don't weigh yourself for a couple of days and see how it's going and just try to have all the shakes. Even though I know it can be hard. DX

You shouldn't really miss shakes as they provide you with your daily intake of vitamins and minerals plus if you consume even less calories than supplied there is a chance your body will stop burning fat as it's gone into starvation mode. Better to force yourself to have that last one and do it by the book xx

Thanks ladies, I should be on for a stunning weight loss for the week when I go to the Pharmacy tomorrow, but day on day it looks like I went up a pound last night.

2 mega stressful days with lots more black coffee than usual when out and about and around normal food, but didn't keep my big 2 litre bottle of water with me.

I had my 2nd shake about 10pm last night, and did think about having another one an hour later now I have a blender and it is palatable again. But I was worried that bloating out my tummy might be part of a slippery slope to making me too hungry again.

So, rather than try to hang breakfast out til 11 today I might just go and have one now before I start the school run and stuff.

I have just over 24 hours til weigh in tomorrow, so if I get the water right today it might be balanced out tomorrow to where I should have been!

do not weight yourself daily! if u think you have put on a pound or to this can cause your body to release a chemical causing stress and making it harder, just let the doctors weigh you, plus you will be even more suprised and have something to look forward to weekly!!

I cant believe you could genuinely miss a shake! I am totally starving by shake time. Can't wait until this becomes the norm. On day 10 and still hungry.

I cant believe you could genuinely miss a shake! I am totally starving by shake time. Can't wait until this becomes the norm. On day 10 and still hungry.

Ditto on this. I'm at the end of day 9 and starving, not to mention tired most of the time!!!! The last time I did this the hunger was totally gone by day 4, and was full of beans, doing an hour's cardio at the gym and all. This time round, even merely staying up past 9pm is a chore :cry:

Hi guys I started the shakes 10 days ago and I'm 18lbs lighter :) its been easier than I thought because I loved my food. I've been on the website everytime I got hungry to see what other people said and it's helped a big deal. As for this Topic I've been missing shakes for the last 2 days now only been having 1 a day :( (didn't think it would do any harm) but my weight loss has Defo slowed :( I've just set alarms on my phone to make sure I take them hungry or not thanks for the advice :)

Sharpster84 said:
Hi guys I started the shakes 10 days ago and I'm 18lbs lighter :) its been easier than I thought because I loved my food. I've been on the website everytime I got hungry to see what other people said and it's helped a big deal. As for this Topic I've been missing shakes for the last 2 days now only been having 1 a day :( (didn't think it would do any harm) but my weight loss has Defo slowed :( I've just set alarms on my phone to make sure I take them hungry or not thanks for the advice :)

Wow 18lbs thats brill hun well done. Im on day 4 and honestly feel fine, had a mild headache for 1st 2 days but generally ok. Found when im making kids tea i have my shake and dont even have the temptation to pick lol

Missing a shake will not slow down your weight loss - How can it? If you take in less calories then you should in theory lose even faster. If you are in ketosis already then you can go no further in - Ketosis is for all intents starvation mode for your body. As someone said , don't weigh daily - and do keep up your water intake. When it comes to "technical" issues like this I would always advise calling the Liptorim helpdesk for their advice. I am sure they will insist that you take all the shaeks (as you should) but they will also be able to clear up any questions such as these that you may have. WHilst I and lots of others heve benefited from the advice on here , we are none of us either medically qualified ( well I am not) or trained in this product so we are not necessarily the best people to advise on a serious issue such as this.

bigjeeze said:
Missing a shake will not slow down your weight loss - How can it? If you take in less calories then you should in theory lose even faster. If you are in ketosis already then you can go no further in - Ketosis is for all intents starvation mode for your body. As someone said , don't weigh daily - and do keep up your water intake. When it comes to "technical" issues like this I would always advise calling the Liptorim helpdesk for their advice. I am sure they will insist that you take all the shaeks (as you should) but they will also be able to clear up any questions such as these that you may have. WHilst I and lots of others heve benefited from the advice on here , we are none of us either medically qualified ( well I am not) or trained in this product so we are not necessarily the best people to advise on a serious issue such as this.

I appreciate none of us are qualified but I have spoken to my chemist lady about this when I missed just one shake and she said the shakes equate to the very minimal amount of calories you can take and that any less and your metabolism etc could slow. Perhaps the number of calories the packs provide is the optimum number to keep ketosis going. She did say that the packs provide all the nutrients needed and if you missed them you wouldn't get the daily allowance of vitamins and minerals your body really needs.
At the end of the day the program is strict and they say three a day for women so three a day it should be if you could skip shakes and do what you wanted then it would advise that on the packaging and in the leaflets.
Personally I felt super tired the day after I missed the shake and imagine if I'd kept doing it I would be more susceptible to cheat as I may have felt hungry. The key to this diet is following it to the letter though and doing it by the book. Xxx

I appreciate the advice on here. I have always been a terror for hopping on the scales to see how I am doing. I can't bear the pain if I see no gain!

I have been doing a major job hunt every spare second I have at the moment, so I am in overdrive and my hungry and thirsty niggles are severely depressed.

I have made time to get my 1st shake and some water in early today.....but stupid as it sounds I now don't want to go and get weighed, because I know its not as good as earlier on in the week....it should be damned good because not a morsel or a lick of any banned item has passed my lips

I appreciate none of us are qualified but I have spoken to my chemist lady about this when I missed just one shake and she said the shakes equate to the very minimal amount of calories you can take and that any less and your metabolism etc could slow. Perhaps the number of calories the packs provide is the optimum number to keep ketosis going. She did say that the packs provide all the nutrients needed and if you missed them you wouldn't get the daily allowance of vitamins and minerals your body really needs.
At the end of the day the program is strict and they say three a day for women so three a day it should be if you could skip shakes and do what you wanted then it would advise that on the packaging and in the leaflets.
Personally I felt super tired the day after I missed the shake and imagine if I'd kept doing it I would be more susceptible to cheat as I may have felt hungry. The key to this diet is following it to the letter though and doing it by the book. Xxx

Again my point is that we are not medically qualified and of course neither is the lady in the chemist - she may well be trained but that is not the same. I agree that you should follow the diet as written andnot vary it to get the best result. But again I will say that less calories means less energy and therefore more weight loss- there are not levles of Ketosis - once you are in you are in! Check it out. Either call LT or speak to your Dr.

I spoke with the Pharmacist, and he told me it won't make any difference to the weight loss, but I have lost out on the vitamins and minerals that I need to keep the body healthy. Loosing 3 shakes because I have been too pre-occupied with other things means I have lost one day's worth of meals across the week.

After having my wrist suitably slapped I promised that by fair means or foul I would get through my 3 shakes a day, and will make time for the water as well.

Weight loss on scale was 1st 1lb off, but I am counting as 8lb as I was blown up with TOTM on last week's weigh-in

Either way, I am super-chuffed!

yes i honestly do miss a shake as im just not hungry but i do try and have three a day as i exercise alot and it helps me exercise for longer yesterday i was so busy i only had one :( i dont recommend this tho i try and have one at 11 one at 3 and one either before exercise at 5 or after at 7 xx

Back