Has anyone restarted successfully?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by orange&mango, 24 November 2008 Social URL.

1. orange&mango

orange&mango Member

Hi all, im new! I did cd about 3 years ago and lost 3 stone, i then stopped abruptly and have put it all back on since. I did try to restart many times and have never manged to do more than a day. is it possible to restart and stick to it again? i am trying to restart on wed.....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lia

Lia Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey Orange & Mango,

I restarted on Friday so far so good, thought today has been a struggle. Along for the journey we can buddie up.

Lx

4. orange&mango

orange&mango Member

Thanks Lia thats good to know, I am worried Ill fail. Im stocking up on water bottles tomorrow! xx

5. Lia

Lia Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes tomorrow will be tough, but you have to keep focused on why your doing this. I took pictures of myself and have got them at hand to see how my body shape is and how I want it to be.

If you get tempted to eat Tell yourself that you know how you feel now and you know how you'll feel if you eat. I had to do this to get through today. I really struggled today, but have to keep myself on track because I want to be happy on my own skin

Lx

Mini likes this.
  6. FeebleFairy

FeebleFairy Member

Diet:
    CD; Low Carb
    Hi there, I started again yesterday having lost over a stone last year this time and putting it back on. I tried to re-start through the year but never managed to make it past day 3 so gave up.. seems the minute my body's about to go into ketosis I start eating! I'm determined not to have this happen this week and trying to think of only making it through "today" ...so one day at a time. Good luck!

Mini likes this.
  7. AllyKat

AllyKat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slinning World
    Hi,

I'ce restarted (did LL before). I lost 4 stone with LL and put two back on. I'm into my second week on CD and its gets so much easier after a few days. There will be a few days at the beginning where it seems impossible, you feel terrible...but ti does end. By the end of th first week you will have a great weight loss and feel a lot better.

Mini likes this.
  8. gailt39

gailt39 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(28.78%)
    Diet:
    CD
    yes it can be done i lost over 10 stone 3 years ago but due to a bodged tummy tuck (nearly died!!!!) i ate through depression and put 7 stone back on i am now back on it week 12 just finished today and to date i have lost 47.5lb so it can be done if you think its going to be hard it will be just think hey i did it once i can do it again and you will do it you know all the pitfalls the first few days drinking so much water visits to the loo etc so your a pro at this come on you can do this if i can anyone can
    good luck and stay positive and focused and i know you will do it good luck

Mini likes this.
  9. cicerone

cicerone Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm on day 7 of my re-start. (and yes I have tried to and failed to re-start a few times last month). Once, you get past day 4, I think it gets easier.
    Also, why not see xmas as a target to lose a dress size. Thats gotta be good for motivation.
    Good luck x

Mini likes this.
  10. orange&mango

orange&mango Member

thanks everyone, im glad it can be done! im starting tomorrow and am ready for the constant loo breaks haha!

Mini likes this.
  11. orange&mango

orange&mango Member

gosh sounds awful! well done you, you should be very proud of yourself, thanks for your words of advice xx

12. tara66

tara66 Silver Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    Hi hun, I am currently on my third attempt at LT and as you can see from my sig it is going well. It can be done, I think your head has to be in the right place and I found I learnt a lot from my previous attempts so it has really helped me stick to it 100%.

Minis has been vital as well so log on regularly especially on the bad days. I never thought about how long it would take, I have found mini goals and taking it a day at a time has worked best for me.

Good luck and try to enjoy the journey x

Mini likes this.
  13. AllyKat

AllyKat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slinning World
    Orange-mango - how are you doing? Hanging on?? You must be edgining nearer and nearer ketosis...you can do it!

14. orange&mango

orange&mango Member

I am very grumpy! i had tuna last night with salad cream :(

15. lilacbunnykins

lilacbunnykins slim for cruise

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    im on my 21st restart,i started well 1st 2 weeks but 3rd week i started picking at food,small choccy bars...so after only losing 2lb that week i decided i needed to eat something as could not completly ss,so i brought a big tub of wafer thin chicken,and if im feeling hungry i have about 4 slices of it,so far im doing good,i go for my weigh in this afternoon so hoping i have lost something,but it does fill me up and its healthy...

16. doris

doris This time

Diet:
    CD
    First post so bit nervous as to if I am doing it right.

I am desperate to restart I have enough to last me a week but so embarrassed to ring counsellor to ask if I can start again.

Anyone else felt this.

D x

17. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi I had been trying to restart unsuccessfully for 3 years..but I managed to find a group started 11th sept havent cheated once and have lost 3 stone 1 in 10 weeks,when your heads in the right place you can do it
    good luck xx
    Doris2 I always used to be embarrassed about phoning my cdc to restart,but they do expect it I think and was always welcomed back with open arms go for it love you will be glad you did
    xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. dreams_will_come_true

dreams_will_come_true New Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    I have just restarted today and i have done ok but had 2 tangerines i kno i shouldn't but surely this is better than a burger for lunch huh?

i am planning to get on to ss perfectly but today was hard so had to have 2 of them i lost 21 pound in 3 weeks a few month ago and havent put any back on even tho iv been a pig so im hoping to lose another 21 before christmas =)

you can do it read some of the inspiration on here,, good luck x

20. doris

doris This time

Diet:
    CD
    have had a look through the forum cant believe so many have done so well its real inspiration and well done to you to andju.

so far so good today just hope I can maintain it.

D x

21. lilacbunnykins

lilacbunnykins slim for cruise

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    opps my last post said was my 21st restart lol meant to say my 1st,anyway as i said i eat a few bits of chicken everyday,and i just got weighed and have lost 6lb this week,so shows u can eat and still lose....

22. cicerone

cicerone Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes, I felt like that too., but she welcomed me back, and gave great advice., so dont worry about that. Just think about what you want out of it.
    Plus, lets face it, we are paying our CDC's so they aint gonna make us feel bad are they?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.