Has anyone successfully maintained the weight they have lost on this diet?

glammam

Hi everyone

I lost a few stone on this diet a few years back. I didn't do the last part of the diet and put all of the weight back on and then some! I'm trying to decide which diet is the best for me, slimming world or Dukan. I did enjoy the strictness of Dukan and didn't feel hungry. I keep cheating on slimming world. Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off? I have about 4 stone to loose

Thanks

Vicky xx

Vicky Hi. i agree with you, there is something about the discipline of Dukan which is appealing, and the speed at which the weight comes off. Slimming world is my usual diet, and like you, I find it difficult to exercise portion control, and I cheat a lot! Keeping the weight off is another story though! I have lost over a stone with Dukan in the past, but I did not completely follow through with the plan, I did attack and then cruise and then it all kind of tailed off when I felt happy with my weight. Maybe this time, I will exercise more control and do exactly what Dr Dukan says we should!!

I lost 3.5 stone when I went on Dukan a few years back. It was my first real try at loosing weight on a "fad diet" and it was brilliant. I only did the first 2 phases till I achieved my desired weight. I have put on a little bit back on and lost it again using a couple of crash diets here and there, but all in all I've kept most of it off for about 5 years. When I have put weight back on (normally over Christmas!) I have never got anywhere near the weight I was before Dukan.

I am getting married in April. I am doing Slimming World at the moment, but I will be doing Dukan a couple of weeks before as I find it slims down tummy fat like no other diet!

Good luck! It's not easy by any means, but it's the best diet I've done for life changing results. Keep motivated and drink lots of water! :)

Back