Has anyone tried any other pattern other than the 1pp/1pv?

Nina41

I'm thinking of doing 5pp/5pv. Has anyone done that?

I'm thinking of doing 5pp/5pv. Has anyone done that?

Why are you considering that particular pattern? It's very extreme, and unlikely to help you at all - in fact it might even stall you...

Really? I wanted to try it because the it has been difficult for me to plan meals otherwise.

i'm currently doing 4pv/4pp, If i don't get a loss in the next 2 days I'm going back to 1:1 as it's demoralising not losing on the week where PV dominates

last week:
mon - PP
tues to fri PV
sat & sun PP
no weight lost :cry:

previous week
mon - PP
tues - PV
weds- PP
thurs- PV
fri-sun (when i started doing 4 days) PP
3lbs lost :D

even though I lost 3lb in 1 week, i'd rather see a slower, steady drop over 2 weeks than 1 good weight loss week and 1 STS week.

it's really pi$$ed me off not losing last week, 'cos i tried really hard...:(

Next week I'm going to do 7PP/7PV - 7pp while I'm at home and then 7pv while I'm in the UK visiting family. I can't think of any other way of staying on track and really don't want all my hard work to go down the drain...

Next week I'm going to do 7PP/7PV - 7pp while I'm at home and then 7pv while I'm in the UK visiting family. I can't think of any other way of staying on track and really don't want all my hard work to go down the drain...

I did something similar before going away for a week's holiday. By day 6 of PP I was in the pharmacy buying senakot and I spent most of the night before my holiday in the smallest room. I'm not sure I'd care to repeat my experience. Have a lovely time at home. :)

How tall are you Alexandra? Your User CP doesn't reflect that.

5PV 5PP was the original routine recommended in the book, but he no longer recommends it (because of the transit issues, the inevitable boredom setting in during the PP phase probably, and the fact that one doesn't lose any more so why bother!).

I've tried several rhythms and the 1/1 (to me) is the easiest and the least likely one to cause boredom and/or constipation.

Cheryl's extreme 7/7 is only for a holiday period (in fact, Cheryl, I understand the 7 PVs on holiday, but don't do 7 x PPs on your return!!!)...

By day 6 of PP I was in the pharmacy buying senakot and I spent most of the night before my holiday in the smallest room.

I ended up with the opposite while on attack, so will be interesting to see how it affects me this time....

@Maintainer... I couldn't think of anything worse than 7xpp on my return :sick: I'll be going straight back to 1pp/1pv and hopefully won't have gained any weight!!

Ok I will admit that I did a lot of PP days as I like my protein and don't have much love for veggies... I lost all the weight ( six kilos ) under the time that dukan site said I would, I only walked for an hour when I felt i was stalling but never obsessed over it. I was going to the loo once every 3 days so it might not be great for transit issues Alesandra.
I am eating more veggies now during conso, so that is a positive of this diet.
Eating less sugar is also great!

Back