Has this happened to anyone else?

namaste

Silver Member
Coming up to my 4th week on Exante TS... I've had 4 days of AAM cos I was away and 2 days when I fell off the wagon. But really, once was a bit of cheese and once was some stir-fry veg and 4 biscuits, hardly a major binge! This is now my 9th day with NO WEIGHT LOSS:confused::confused::confused: Whats going on? Tis very difficult to stay motivated but it might help if anyone else has stalled so long..... anyone???

Oh dear, I cant help you as Im a a new starter. I can see how its making you ask questions, you must feel a little disheartened. Remember though that the diet does work for you, and Im sure your loses will catch up. Can I just ask what does AAM mean? xxx

Once when I was on Cambridge I lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks from about week 5 with only a couple of stumbles off the wagon like you :(. Rubbish isn't it? My CDC said I needed to speed up my metabolism by eating MORE?? Needless to say I lost faith in it and this was when I gave up, however had I continued I'm absolutely sure my weight would have started dropping off again. Sometimes we just reach these plateaus....

Rainbow- AAM is a Cambridge term meaning Add a Meal. It is done every 4 weeks on Sole Source (equivalent of TS) and incorporates eating a little bit of low carb food (much like WS). x

namaste said:
Coming up to my 4th week on Exante TS... I've had 4 days of AAM cos I was away and 2 days when I fell off the wagon. But really, once was a bit of cheese and once was some stir-fry veg and 4 biscuits, hardly a major binge! This is now my 9th day with NO WEIGHT LOSS:confused::confused::confused: Whats going on? Tis very difficult to stay motivated but it might help if anyone else has stalled so long..... anyone???

Yes, me! Was 100% and lost 11lbs then 7lbs on LT. Moved to Exante lost 1lb then another 1lb because I was 100% that was hell I cried and someone here advised I AAM. I did, then following week I lost 7lbs baby! My losses haven't been so great for someone as big as me but I am glad I stayed on the diet. Stick with it, I promise you it works!!! Am proud to say am 83lbs lighter! Another thing measure yourself, you could've lost inches. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah thanks for clearing that up..... but I now have another question.... whats WS?! Im rubbish with abreviations, I can just bout manage with 'lol' type ones!
So after 4 weeks of just shakes am I supposed to add a meal? or am I getting muddled? thank you kindly! x

Stick with it...it will start coming off. I did 3 weeks lost 21lbs, following week lost nothing. Now in week five and have dropped 2 lbs over night.
Very demotivating when doing such a restrictive diet, but it will happen.
Maybe stay away from the scales for a few days.
Good luck, stay strong x

Ah thanks for clearing that up..... but I now have another question.... whats WS?! Im rubbish with abreviations, I can just bout manage with 'lol' type ones!
So after 4 weeks of just shakes am I supposed to add a meal? or am I getting muddled? thank you kindly! x

WS is Working Solution - look in your Exante brochure. It's TS with a small low-carb meal. On Cambridge you do 3 weeks of just shakes then in the 4th week you do the small meal thing. It is not very clear with Exante whether you are supposed to do this but I found it very useful as my losses usually were bigger when I added some food due to speeding up the metabolism a bit. x

Thanks, I didnt get a booklet with my shakes, I didnt get anything, not even a delivery note or anything! I did think it a bit odd! Hmm, right, thanks, will bear it in mind for a few weeks time x

Namaste, I've STS on my 3rd week, but I can feel that I've lost weight. My jeans are looser and my body IS changing and losing weight, so I've banished the scales & only weigh monthly now. I hope the number on the scales doesn't knock you back too much, because it's pretty much impossible for you not to be losing weight on this diet, the scales are just ruthless sometimes. There are so many reasons as to why you haven't lost anything. Try & stay on it, you may have a 'whoosh' of weight-loss next week. Keep tabs on how your body feels to you, and how your clothes are fitting too. Good luck x

Weighing can be so off putting. It seems to send more people nuts than anything else. The scales weekly (and especially daily) are not a reliable guide to true weight loss. It can be so disconcerting. So as advised above, measure yourself, look at your clothes and be patient.
This cannot not work. As others have said - sometimes to body locks itself down into 'starvation mode' and adding a low carb small meal will help.
I can now tell when I am losing weight without weighing - trips to the loo are a give away! Follow the rules and it works.
GSQ

Thanks guys....... I am feeling a bit better about it today. You're right, my clothes are looser and I feel better so thats got to be worth something. And yes, the number of calories are so few you have to lose weight ~ so onwards and downwards :D

Rainbow - after 16 weeks on Exante and another 16 weeks two years ago on Lipotrim, there are weeks when you will stall for some reason or other - TOTM, not enough water intake or just as previous posters have said you may need to AAM (v low carb) to kick your metabolism into action. During the last month my losses have been a bit off the wall but have had 1-2 small meals over the last two weeks (chicken & salad) and I've lost 4.5lbs each week - strange but true. I've also been able to see that upping my water intake has helped - keep an eye on that as it's something that I've struggled with from Day 1..... Best of luck and keep on going - it will be worth it in the end!

Back