Hate doctors

Mburke

Silver Member
Went to see my gp this morning as my back has been at me all week and getting worst. Anyway all he said without even looking at me is to take paraceomal for the pain have been doing this all week over sick with this cold. That's fine when I turned and said to him how well I was doing on the lipotrim tfr he told me I was losesing to much weight and should think about coming off. Oh I just wanted to scream make up yer minds I started to prove that the weight was not causing my back problem and the consult said I had to drop 15kg by January or he wouldn't help so then he says fine loses your 15kg then come off and do it yourself I mean if I could do it myself I wouldn't be on it. Omg I find things bad enough without as I have 3kids 2 of which are asd and 1 of them won't eat anything bar McDonald so this really isn't easy by any means. Sorry for the rant just needed to say it to someone as in if I tell OH he'll will say do as the doctor says :(:tear_drop: If this was me back in sept I would be on my way for fast food right now but Noway is he knocking me down this is my time to shine with or without his help

You're doing fantastic pet, don't give up now! If it's any help my dad is a doctor and he watched the dvd with me and said the diet seems fine. The way I look at it, if I stay this weight then my health is definitely in danger so I'm better off losing even if its fast. At least with lipotrim you're getting all your nutrition covered, its not as if youre literally starving yourself. Has to be said there are a fair amount of GPs in this country who don't know what theyre at!

That's the way I feel I mean I use to eat nothing all day and pig out on takeaway at night at least this way I am a lot healthier in myself thanks for the support shikei85

Good for u Mburke! And well done on ur fantastic loss so for x

Thanks yeye oh was so near eating the kids McDonald today as was in the car on my own on the way to collect them from school with the food but said to myself no just have your water and don't give in to him and his bad vibe

SNAP...

I was told all my back problems were due to being over weight and a muscle problem I have would be more managemble with less weight and more exercise. This was back in 07.

Soo, A few months pass and I return to doc, with 5 stone gone, a lean, strong and toned body...what does he say? Of course your in more pain..you do too much exercise and and form more muscle, More muscle=more pain. ***** H ******, thay haven't a clue and it saddens me that so many overweight people are fobbed off with lose weight and you'll be grand. Then when you do it, it's wrong! If you presented to the doc like skin and bone they'd be rushing you off to hospital because you were wneroxic, obesity is the polar opposite so why not treat it with the same degree.

Any, sorry for the rant. I got no where and ending up yoyoing back up and down in weight from comfort food and like you MBURKE, I'd have run to the nearest fast food joint to stuff my problems down my neck, so be strong, know you are better than that and deserve to be treated with respect primarily from yourself, it will follow from others.

In the end, I finally got an MRI on my back and this gave me the cause but not the answer to my stuctural indifferences.

Control the only thing you can. what you put in your mouth.

PS...and you do all this with kids!! Massive pat on the back to you me thinks..

Oh Mburke, sounds like you've got a lot of stress at the moment. Well done for resisting the fast food temptation, give yourself a pat on the back. Your doctor sounds completely useless is there any chance you can move doctors, or see a different doctor at the practice? Best wishes to you.

BM

Well done for not nibbling! If ur anything like me ur sense of smell will be so much better (worse depending how u look at it) on LT x

Busy mum have only change to this gp as couldn't get on with old doctor and losit thank you for letting me know that this is happen to other and yes yeye the smell is enough for me now

Thanks ladykate for your support yes I will be 100% this weekend also

OH god, I'm driving my husband mad with the way I can smell EVERYTHING!

Roll on 100% weekend, we can do it.

Just making hot food for my kids seen as it is sat morning here thank be to god I have a blocked noise

Back