Have been stuck for a long time

DONT look at the cals??? Ive been hung up on mine cos i use fitness pal but it seems the more i eat the better I am. Get upping your carbs to 30 this week and see if it makes any difference. add some berries or nuts (i find nuts are the easiest to up my carbs).
Dont give up!!!!

Sera as Jim says - OWL really helped me lose the last lot and im up to around 40-50g carbs and still losing!!!!

What are you eating on a typical day?

Breakfast either hot cereal (low carb megastore) or frikadellen or fry up
Lunch salads with beetroot and onions to up the carbs
Dinners - anything really - have been having spare ribs from aldi a bit as they are about 12 carbs and yummy
snacks - nuts or atkins bars

You can have some raspberries and some yoghurt if you fancy, or some higher carb sausages aswell. Its great!

Okay - back in business!

This week, I tried to watch my portions, eat more fat, and try not to obsess. I had a few walks, and tried to get my cola intake down. I *did* have a cheat on Friday... I brought chicken wings to a friend's potluck dinner, but she made the most wonderful mushroom lasagne and I had a piece (if she could only replace the pasta with something else... it had pounds of cheese and litres of cream in it!!!).

I woke up on Monday morning and had been down to 155!

I've also thrown my birth control pills away. They've been making me crazy, and I'm ready for a permanent method - I have a doctor's appointment next week. But in doing that, my time of month has started early so I'm feeling a bit puffy today. But I can live with that!

I still don't know exactly what the secret is for me... I'll do the same this next week and see if I can get another 2-3 pounds off. If it doesn't work, I'll keep evaluating. I'm in size 14 just now, and feel sometimes like I'm being greedy trying to get into 12's - I guess I just don't feel like this is the size I want to be, despite how my scale keeps getting stuck at this weight.

Oh, I've also been diagnosed with asthma (after several long chest infections). My breathing hasn't been great this past month or so but it's improving and now I have to figure out this whole exercise thing with this on top. I'm not trying to use it as an excuse, but it's learning how to work around it.

So, here's hoping.

Remember totm can mean you lose less than usual, so don't be too hard on yourself if it's a slow week. Looks like you're on the right track though, good luck!

Yeah, the TOTM thing... bad week to toss the pills, but I just couldn't take them one.more.day. In the end, I think it will be a good thing, so I won't let a wobble of a few pounds here and there upset me.

Still, it's finding a way to crack this "158 pound" barrier for good! I've dipped under it a few times, but I always creep back up there. I'm really trying (I know you guys have heard this before, but I really am!)

Hi sera, it can be hard sometimes, I can remember I always used to stall at a previously held weight if that makes any sense to you.

I spent a few years at this weight before I got big - the body has a LONG memory! Now, if only I could get it to remember the size I was when I was 20!

sounds as though you have a second wind and putting yourself first for a change ............. sometimes our families have to be 2nd place while you sort yourself out ............. well done xx

I spent a few years at this weight before I got big - the body has a LONG memory! Now, if only I could get it to remember the size I was when I was 20!

LOL< yes indeed Sera :)

I've been doing great all week - down another 1.5 pounds (sitting at 155 - yippee!) but was a little bad today. Had a slice of banana bread (with lots of butter... but still...) and an KitKat finger that my loving daughter handed me. I just couldn't stop myself!!

It goes to show you how tenuous that addiction is - I'm okay if I stay away from sugar, but I get a little bit and I'm like a junkie.

I've tried to "wash it out" with lots of water... hopefully I haven't screwed up my week. I've been pathetically hungry today - I had some cream cheese, a big portion of coconut chicken, the banana bread, some greek yogurt and rhubarb (which I ate hoping to stave off the banana bread craving... it didn't work!) and later on, I'll make something green (maybe pork chop with fried greens or broccoli?)

But I'm trying not to panic about it. I'm feeling skinnier, which is nice! My size 14 jeans are falling off my bum, so that makes me happy. I'm too scared to go into a shop and try size 12s on because I don't think I'm small enough to fit them - it's a way of holding off disappointment.

Let's have another good week!

mondays a good day to start clean and green ........... don't beat yourself up as its a special day today xx

My husband is flying to California and has been gone for over 2 weeks, and my 5 year old son started the day by vomiting all over his bedroom. Yay. It's been a lovely day! Yeah, maybe I wasn't too bad. But I'm really trying to be good!

(am staring at the other unfinished kitkat Eilidh has left sitting on the coffee table... she's been into the biscuit tin while I've been sorting my son out. Help me!!!!!!!!!!)

Damn. Too late.

Put it behind you , drink tons of water and remember all the other stuff that you DIDN'T eat this week. Go for it :)

i was just about to grab that left over kit kat !! you are quick ! x

Morning Sera, ah well been a bad girl again then :D

Yeah, that's me. I'm annoyed at myself how easy it is to fall off the wagon. It doesn't help that my daughter keeps handing me sweeties with one bite out of them... she thinks she's sharing!

But I feel fine today - had an asthma workup this morning with the go-ahead to start my exercise routine, no cheating, lots of water, and clean and green this week. My weight hasn't bobbled yet due to yesterday's indescretion, and I'm holding off any more clothes-buying til I can get just a few more pounds off. I feel like I'm getting close to buying my "forever" clothes - stuff I can actually wear more than in transition to another size.

Am feeling good... I like my trousers baggy!

Hey sera, I like your new avatar love

Back