Have Cambridge put their prices up?

fuzzyduck

My CDC told me that Cambridge has put their prices up by 15p per pack. But she's only putting her prices up by £2.10 per week and will soak up the extra 5p per pack.

I wouldn't mind if they have and I wouldn't mind if she wanted to put her prices up herself. It's just that I haven't seen anyone on here mention it.

It's put the price up to £36.65 per week. £39.50 including the pot of MAM I get.

The RRP of the Cambridge packs are going up by 10p a pack from July the 1st.

This means an average lady on 21 sachets a week would be charged £34.65 if you are paying RRP.

The new RRP's are :-

Sachets / Soups / Milkshakes - £1.65
Chocolate Bars - £1.90
Tetra Briks - £1.85

Mike

CDCs can charge whatever they like. the one i used to go to still charges £1.55 per pack. i thought it was just the bars and tetras that had gone up in price but i may be wrong. at the end of the day tho, shes allowed to charge whatever she sees fit. £2.10 per pack seems a bit steep to me but then i have no idea how involved her service is and she deserves to earn money for that.

CDCs can charge whatever they like. the one i used to go to still charges £1.55 per pack. i thought it was just the bars and tetras that had gone up in price but i may be wrong. at the end of the day tho, shes allowed to charge whatever she sees fit. £2.10 per pack seems a bit steep to me but then i have no idea how involved her service is and she deserves to earn money for that.

Hi Karen, i think I worded my post wrongly. She is adding an extra £2.10 per week (i.e. 10p per pack) which is fine but she told me it was from the beginning of June and that they were going up by 15p per pack but she was only charging her customers 10p. As for what's involved in her service. I haven't received either a pink/blue book as she hasn't heard of it. She hasn't explained AAM week yet (I did it this week but it should have been next week as my first 2 weeks were on LT) and she regularly runs out of flavours/bars/mix a mousse. She was supposed to drop me some mix a mousse in yesterday as she had run out on Monday but I haven't heard from her and she's not answering her phone.

Hiya Fuzzy

That service is certainly not what you should expect from a Cambridge counsellor ! We are independent and can charge whatever we like but we are certainly bound to make sure you have the correct books etc and also to hold stock of all flavours.

If you have time it may be worth calling head office and speaking to Lisa Carter who would be able to help you with this and would certainly be interested.

You may also just wish to call 0800 161412 and look to move counsellors to someone a little more responsive and supportive.

Mike

Hiya Fuzzy

That service is certainly not what you should expect from a Cambridge counsellor ! We are independent and can charge whatever we like but we are certainly bound to make sure you have the correct books etc and also to hold stock of all flavours.

If you have time it may be worth calling head office and speaking to Lisa Carter who would be able to help you with this and would certainly be interested.

You may also just wish to call 0800 161412 and look to move counsellors to someone a little more responsive and supportive.

Mike

thanks Mike, I don't mind paying for a service, if I'm getting the service that i'm paying for IYKWIM.

I'd rather not go down the route of phoning head office. Luckily I'm a strong person who doesn't rely on others for support, but I'm not sure how customers who do need her support will fare.

The only problem with changing CDC's is that I don't have transport and need them to visit me, so that limit's my choices a bit. I'll take another look on the website to see if there's anyone closer.

Thanks again

Niki

There are new counsellors coming on board all the time so give 0800 161412 a ring as the website doesn't show all of them, ask for the three nearest to you and you might find there is someone just started up in the next street to you! :)

m.

Just phoned them and there's no-one close so I guess i'll have to stick with my current CDC.

Thanks anyway.

Niki

The RRP of the Cambridge packs are going up by 10p a pack from July the 1st.

This means an average lady on 21 sachets a week would be charged £34.65 if you are paying RRP.

The new RRP's are :-

Sachets / Soups / Milkshakes - £1.65
Chocolate Bars - £1.90
Tetra Briks - £1.85

Mike

Hi Mike, i am abit confused :(!! This is my 2nd week of buying the packs since the prices increased, but are they going up again from July 1st??

I hope not, i can just about afford what i pay now.

I hope everyone is well.

xx :)

No the sachets have been £1.55 for a year now, the only price increase is the one from July 1st 2007 and that is to £1.65 (RRP)

Mike

No the sachets have been £1.55 for a year now, the only price increase is the one from July 1st 2007 and that is to £1.65 (RRP)

Mike

Oh ok, lol. My CDC has already increased the price so i got confused and thought it was going to be increased again, lol.

Thank you for answering my question. :)

Some counsellors did when they announced the new prices but officially the RRP changes in 2 weeks.

M.

Back