Have I blown it for this week?

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Hiya just wondered if anyone has had a week where their meals have had high syns and still lost?

Friday and Saturday I was within my syns but Sunday, Monday and Today have all included high syn meals such as 20 syns. My syns are high cos I'm on Red days and the meals had carbs which I couldn't cover in my HE so had to be syn'd which were high.

I have only had high syn'd meals and made sure that I've not had extras on top ie choc/crisps

I've only got 2 days left till my WI so I think it may equal a STS what do you think?

I find it really hard to predict these things from my own experience as two weeks never tend to end up the same.

I had a week with two meals out at restaurants with lots of sauces and oils etc and still lost a 1lb but I normally put on when it is consistent over a few meals. Was it just your evening meals that have syns or has it been all day?

Not having the extras is good and should help you keep the gain or STS right down. As long as you 100% it til weight-in I'm sure you will be fine :)

I have lost in the past and never known how I had done it and then one week when i had been really really good I hadn't lost at all!

The one thing that my old consultant used to say was that there are 21 meals in the week so don't think that you have blown the whole week just because a few meals have gone a bit wrong.

I am going to try and remember this as I know that I used to start my diets on a Monday and then by Tuesday I had gone astray and thought s*d it for the rest of the week.

Not at all. Sure you might STS, but a few slipups won't really affect things too badly.
You're still eating way better than you used to (probably!), so going a little over your syns might not be a disaster.

Hiya just wondered if anyone has had a week where their meals have had high syns and still lost?

Friday and Saturday I was within my syns but Sunday, Monday and Today have all included high syn meals such as 20 syns. My syns are high cos I'm on Red days and the meals had carbs which I couldn't cover in my HE so had to be syn'd which were high.

I have only had high syn'd meals and made sure that I've not had extras on top ie choc/crisps

I've only got 2 days left till my WI so I think it may equal a STS what do you think?

The only weigh you know is if you weigh in! How many syns do you allow yourself a day because if you were in syn alllowance 2 days and then over just three days if you keep your syns low for the other 2 days you will have hardly gone over your weeks syns so hopefully you will be fine and get a loss, though as others have said it is hard to predict. I'm wondering why you aren't doing extra easy though if you want to eat meals of carbs and protein? :)

MadameLaMinx said:
I think you'll be ok. Does it work out any better if you convert the days to EE and syn the extra HE's or worse?

Sadly I didn't have enough superfree foods during the day to claim a 1/3 so can't get away with it being an EE days

Look, Im not one to suggest deviations, but they do say you should TRY to have 1/3 superfree - which implies its not set in stone and cast iron. There may be times where its not possible.

Jus sayin...

Anyway, I still dont think it will be a problem. :D

*Emsie* said:
The only weigh you know is if you weigh in! How many syns do you allow yourself a day because if you were in syn alllowance 2 days and then over just three days if you keep your syns low for the other 2 days you will have hardly gone over your weeks syns so hopefully you will be fine and get a loss, though as others have said it is hard to predict. I'm wondering why you aren't doing extra easy though if you want to eat meals of carbs and protein? :)

Hiya I normally have the full 15 syns and I know that the amount I've had so far is over my weekly syns.

I think I'm just gonna have to take whatever weight it is on the chin and keep to free foods for the rest of the week.

Looking for a silver lining, least the main thing was all the extra syns was spent on meals and not snacks. Plus the old me would have said "fekk it, I've screwed so might I might have the choc, crisps, cakes and biscuits and start tomorrow" I've not done this and got back on track straight after the meal. A real achievement for me lol

MadameLaMinx said:
Look, Im not one to suggest deviations, but they do say you should TRY to have 1/3 superfree - which implies its not set in stone and cast iron. There may be times where its not possible.

Jus sayin...

Anyway, I still dont think it will be a problem. :D

Thank you ;)

Cheekypasterfield said:
Hiya I normally have the full 15 syns and I know that the amount I've had so far is over my weekly syns.

I think I'm just gonna have to take whatever weight it is on the chin and keep to free foods for the rest of the week.

Looking for a silver lining, least the main thing was all the extra syns was spent on meals and not snacks. Plus the old me would have said "fekk it, I've screwed so might I might have the choc, crisps, cakes and biscuits and start tomorrow" I've not done this and got back on track straight after the meal. A real achievement for me lol

That's actually a huge achievement!! It could be SOOOO much worse. You don't need to go onto only free foods this week though. If you must, do a week of ten instead of fifteen syns a day.

But don't worry so much!! WI is a brief moment and will be over and done with before you even know it, then it's on to a new week. Good luck for tomorrow!

Back