Have I miscalculated?

Laney

In a nutshell I hate preparing salads so have bought one ready done. Tesco prawn layered salad. I am doing EE so have calculated this as 5 sins for the sauce as the rest is salad and pasta/prawns which is allowed right? Yes, no? I am not sure I have done this correct - HELP!

You should be able to look online and check. Sometimes they add in oils. I just bought a little tiny pot of rainbow salad from M&S and found out its 7 syns!!

Hi Kingleds

I am unsure of how to use the calculator to be honest (saturated fats etc.). It's bringing up 25 syns?? This can't be right, it's salad? I am happy to allow for the sauce but not 25 syns surely? LOL. It was so nice too :(

Unless you deep fried it before eating I can't see how it would come out at that many!! I'll see if I can check as well for you hun x

Okay, here we go:

EE Original GreenPrawn Layered Salad with Pasta, 180g bowl 6½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDExtraEasy','') 9½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDOriginal','') 6½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDGreen','')Prawn Layered Salad with Pasta, 380g bowl 13½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDExtraEasy','') 20½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDOriginal','')13½

Hope this helps! x

Doh! That came out all jumbled.
Take 2..

Prawn Layered Salad 180g EE 6.5 Original 9.5 Green 6.5
" " 380g EE 13.5 Original 20.5 Green 13.5

x

Okay. Here you go - depends how big it was!
Prawn Layered Salad with Pasta, 180g bowl - 6 1/2 on EE
380g bowl - 13 1/2 on EE

So unless you happened to eat the bigger one (which is a whole lot of pasta!) you were nearly spot on with 5

ProductExtra EasyOriginalGreenPrawn Layered Salad with Pasta, 180g bowl 6½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDExtraEasy','')9½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDOriginal','')6½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDGreen','')Prawn Layered Salad with Pasta, 380g bowl 13½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDExtraEasy','')20½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDOriginal','')13½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDGreen','')

Awh, thanks girls. My god did I panic!!! LOL. So, do you put the saturated fat etc. into the calculator? I can't seem to get to grips with it. I'm doing it myself from home so sorry to ask silly questions :eek:

You don't need to know the saturated fat value (it's the total fat that's important) but you do need the packaging with you when you check. Log onto the slimming world site, click on the syn calculator, you'll be asked about a free allowance, I tend to leave that bit alone when it comes to syns. Then you get some boxes to fill in. Look at the packaging to find out the values it asks you for, e.g. calories / protein / carbs / fat and portion size. This info is all on the packaging so it should be easy to input. If not, find something that's on the syn directory that you have in your cupboard and practice putting the values in and compare the results to check you did it right.

you'll be asked about a free allowance, I tend to leave that bit alone when it comes to syns.

If you don't include the the free food allowance (where applicable) the result won't be accurate and will be overly high.

You need to look at the first item in the ingredient list and ask yourself if it is a free food on your plan. If yes, then you need to choose that food item from the drop down menu. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that some foods don't qualify for a free food allowance even if they contain free foods eg soups, sandwiches and pasta sauces. There is a list online so double check this before you do your calculation. :)

Laney said:
Awh, thanks girls. My god did I panic!!! LOL. So, do you put the saturated fat etc. into the calculator? I can't seem to get to grips with it. I'm doing it myself from home so sorry to ask silly questions :eek:

Not a silly questipn hun. If you can accrss it then you will usually find most foods onnsyns online. Jusr put im manufacturer, eg tesco. Then search for the item eg prawn layer. It then comes up with the products and tells you the syns for each plan.

Back