have i missed something? (hi newbie BTW )

Lou*

Silver Member
Hi all

I'm here after a friend recommended Atkins so i thought i would check it out,

Have downloaded the book and been reading on here and just thought i would double check what i "think" i have worked out.

On an example day (if i have read correctly i can have )

B - bacon, Mushroom sausage & Egg?
L - Chicken ( meat ) salad (even with some mayo)
D - Steak, Mushroom , green beans, broccolli
Loads of water
And stick to under 20Carbs a day ???

i'm only asking as coming from ww, then SW, then Slimfast (which has bored me to tears) this seems a little too good to be true lol.. i am defo a meat lover and would have chosen the above menu for a lovely food day anyway.

can't help thinking i am missing a huge part somewhere, do i need to measure everything? should i limit my meat (like should the steak be tiny etc?)

Sorry if i am asking questions which have already been answered i am working my way through this forum

Lou xx

That's it.....mental but it works :D

Sorry meant to say you don't need to weigh your protein. Obviously that doesn't mean you can go insane and stuff yourself until bursting though! Do watch your cheese, veg and cream portions though as they do contain carbs. And watch for carbs in things like sausages. And sauces etc. Check the labels on EVERYTHING! You wouldn't believe what they stick sugar into.

There is a guideline for the ratio of protein, fat and carbs you should have daily. Will try to find it.

Hi there and welcome. Does seem amazing what you can eat and still lose weight. Took me about 3 months before i stopped feeling guilty about all the yummy food i'm eating - now i'm just smug lol:D

Take a look at the sticky thread - so you are thinking of starting atkins - has all the amounts. If you dont want to count carbs initially, then just use guidelines for amounts - works really well:)

When you do get to counting and experimenting remember:
Total carbs on uk labels is already net carbs so no deducting fibre to be done
Use uk carb counter and watch for US info sneaking into things like MFP
Avoid too many sweeteners - they will stall you sooner or later. Have any treats in moderation

Good luck:D

Oh yes - and really important - EAT WHEN HUNGRY - just makes sure it's low carb. Stop eating when satisfied:D

thanks for the welcome everyone, had an absolute yummy dinner, steak mushrooms and chorizo ! BF had a chinese and was gutted as mine was Waaaay nicer ! haha

anyone got any tips for quick breakfasts? dont have time for a cooked brekky on a work morning, normally grab fruit but i read that's a no no on induction xx

perhaps cook something the night before ?
boiled eggs are fab for this type of thing,cold sozzies
with the egg isn't bad at all.

ooh never thought of that thanks, I love cold sausages !! would be fab to eat on the way . bril cheers x

welcome.
i also have been know to eat,cold egg,bacon and sozzies
with mayo with salad :D

feels so strange to add sausage to a diet i absolutely love sausages (low carb of course ;-) ) xx

You could make up mini breakfast quiches, skin sausages and out into base of muffin tray, cook till cooked, then top with an egg and cheese mix. Cook again and then take them out with you ;)

Back