Have I ruined my weight loss for this week???!!!!

sabz

Im so dissapointed with myself its unreal...... My day was going well, i was struggling but felt ok. Had a quarter pounder without bun for lunch but threw up a little while after which then left me feeling hungry. Being stuck at work i do not have anything apart from junk around me.(my fault for not preparing).

It hit 5pm and i was so hungry that i got up and ate two packets of crisps, 5 biscuits and a chocolate!!! now i feel sick and on a all time low and its only the 2nd day!!

Can I still succeed this week if i start again tomorrow or has everything gone down the pan?

As you say, it's only the second day so youve only put yourself back one day. If you start over tomorrow you'll be fine - but I do worry if it's such a struggle already. You do need to be able to get a clear run when you're low carbing to have the kind of success you want. If you don't think you'll be able to resist the crisps etc in your shop (definitely a real temptation challenge) then you might be better off with a calorie counting diet where you can have those things in moderation?

As I say, right now it's only one day, and is eadily recovered from, but if this happened once a week, say, you really would be causing yourself problems.

Does your shop sell mini cheeses or anything? They're a good snack.

Hey Sabz,

I know exactly where you are coming from. It hasn't happened to me in about six months ago you can be doing so well then suddenly something happens and catches you then then the situation with food spirals out of control. Hopefully you will find it easier after a couple of days when your appetite subsides.

Good Luck though, how have you been getting on since?

Like the others say, Sabz, the key to a successful Atkins way of eating is planning and preparing stuff to take with you.

These are some of my fav snacks, and they are easy to do -

- ham (watch the carbs and sugar) spread with a bit of low carb cream cheese and roll up
- chicken thighs and drumsticks
- salami and cheese
- soup made from hot water and Knorr chicken stock (I like the Touch of Taste liquid one, keep a bottle at work :))

Chin up, love, you'll get back on track :)

Have you just started Atkins? What I would do is just take a step back and prepare over the next few days to start afresh - my biggest piece of advice is to sit down and plan plan plan, get your recipes ready, do your shopping to match your recipes, do not buy any carb/processed things that could tempt you. Think about what you would eat if hunger strikes and be prepared ( that comes from planning) keep some Atkins bars in your bag or ready made snacks in yr fridge at work. If I decide to have a blow out, I do it on low carb products/snacks and that way you are still in control of yr eating plan. (I don't like the word diet!!) I buy a lot from online low carb stores and keep stuff in my car, my draw, my cupboards etc. I never crave carbs now and what I suggest is cutting carbs down slowly over 1-2wks and it gets you past the headaches and you'll still lose weight. Just remember whilst yr cutting the carbs down you need to increase the lean protein content to fill you up and suppress yr ap

Have you just started Atkins? What I would do is just take a step back and prepare over the next few days to start afresh - my biggest piece of advice is to sit down and plan plan plan, get your recipes ready, do your shopping to match your recipes, do not buy any carb/processed things that could tempt you. Think about what you would eat if hunger strikes and be prepared ( that comes from planning) keep some Atkins bars in your bag or ready made snacks in yr fridge at work. If I decide to have a blow out, I do it on low carb products/snacks and that way you are still in control of yr eating plan. (I don't like the word diet!!) I buy a lot from online low carb stores and keep stuff in my car, my draw, my cupboards etc. I never crave carbs now and what I suggest is cutting carbs down slowly over 1-2wks and it gets you past the headaches and you'll still lose weight. Just remember whilst yr cutting the carbs down you need to increase the lean protein content to fill you up and suppress yr appetite.

Back