have just started SW as have been at WW for 2 years

:eek:What advice if any would you give me? I am just starting SW.

I lost 25 lbs at WW over the course of 18 months ( I am a slow loser - only 1 lb at a time, maybe 1 and a half lbs ):( but since then have stalled for another 9 months. In fact I have started to put weight on again.:cry:About 10 lbs. I think I am fed up with WW to be honest.

Feel that a change is necessary so have started SW - on my Day 3 but feel a bit scared about the food type I am eating e.g. yesterday - 2 eggs for breakfast and 1 ryvita, lunch was chicken tikka ( home made) and salad, dinner was red pepper soup followed by lamb moussaka with potatoes (SW recipe) and veggies. For Syns I had a Waitrose frozen lolly.

I am quite active and golf 3 times a week and go to the gym about 4 - 5 times a week.

Honestly I can't see how I will lose weight on this and wonder if this diet is for people with really bad attitudes to food before and loads of weight to lose. Sorry, hope I haven't offended anyone. I have about 10 kgs to lose.:eek:

Any pearls of wisdom?TIA

Thanks for putting up this post. I started SW and in the first week both myself and my partner were adament there was no way that I was gonna lose any weight with the amount I was tucking away. I made sure I was comfortably full at all times, even if it meant four or five meals a day. I lost 7lbs in my first week and was gobsmacked!! Just give it a go and you'll see xx

My friend joined last week with a starting weight of 9 stone 8lb (I know- if only!) and she lost 5lb in her first week. She is amazed!

My one piece of advice.....

Forget everything you know about WW and DON'T compare the two plans!!

Just trust it.

Welcome along :)

Hello and welcome to SW & minimins!

I think it's quite hard to adjust to as the food on SW is endless whereas you've just come from a diet where the majority is weighed and measured, but all you have to do is look at the success stories to know that it works :)

Im eating more now than i ever was! Good luck on your journey!

xx

Hi, I agree with Jaylou. I have done WW on and off for years and always did the "points" plan. Wanted to try something different so thought I would give the Extra Easy plan a go. I also am still getting it into my head that you can eat all this free food AND syns! I will let everyone know how I have done as I still struggle to believe the freedom of SW because I am an ex-WW. Just follow whichever plan you are on and see how you go.

My one piece of advice.....

Forget everything you know about WW and DON'T compare the two plans!!

I totally agree with this. I found it so difficult trying not to count points at first and I really struggled for the first week or 2 of the plan. But it does work, you just literally have to forget you were ever on WW.
Welcome along and good luck. x

Hello and welcome!:bliss:

I did WW on and off for ages, tried points and the core (which was a bit like EE but less syns) and I always, without fail ended up the same weight or heavier after 12 weeks!

I have lost 9.5 lbs with SW, the most I have lost with any diet club since my old calorie counting days ten years ago!

I would say that I almost hate WW now, as it just didn't work for me, one consultant told me I was eating too much fruit and thats why I wasn't losing weight! (I had about 3 fruit and 4 veg a day, nothing major).

I didn't end up obese cause I was eating too many apples or peas! FFSake! (insert your own expletive there) and I resented having to point them, so avoided them and pointed chocolate instead!

Now, I can have most fruit and veg free, (not to mention meat and spuds and pasta etc) I eat a good healthy varied diet, and rarely feel the need for chocolate anymore.

Because the emphasis is on healthy eating until you are satisfied, rather than on counting every pea you eat, the diet is more effective, more natural and healthy, develops a healthy attitude towards food, and is so easy to follow it should come with a 'no brainer warning!'

anyone guess that I love SW!?!?!

anyway, welcome, throw out your WW stuff and welcome to a diet you can follow for life!

(just imagine, your wardrobe right now, with only one set of sizes inside, your perfect size, handing neatly ready to slip over a slim new you)

Well I am nearly at the end of my first week and I have LOVED some of the recipes I have had this week and getting to eat them!!! However I know that I am eating more than I did on WW and can't see how I will have lost anything! I was also in the UK for 12 days and was eating more than I normally would -how COLD was it!! I am pretty much scared to get on the scales. I feel quite confused at the moment - SW? WW? See a dietician?

compared to the restrictions of ww, sw does feel like a lot i know. I would give sw a fair good chance, eat what you fancy and how much you fancy (of the right things of course) and give it at least a month, to see how you get on.

whenever you change your eating patterns, there can be a period of adjustment, some people lose a lot more than normal, and some less, but over a month - it balances out.

if you see a dietician, they will promote a very similar eating plan to what you are advised with sw, and ww.

I have seen 3 dieticians over the years, and have lost more weight on sw than with any of them.

here are a few of the things I have had said to me from a dietician (aside from eat less and move more, these I think are odd comments):
1st one:
(Dietician) eat white bread instead of brown (me) isn't brown bread better for you? (Dietician) yes it is, but white bread has a couple of calories less (me) ??? is it ok if I stick to brown and cut back on something else (Dietician) yes, if you want to see someone else rather than me. (me) closed the door behind me

2nd one:
(Dietician) have you tried a slimming club? we only have a 4% success rate and they have about 12%success rate... (me) closed the door behind me

3rd one:
(Dietician)we dont usually see people like you unless you have health issues, (me) I am clinically obese as my bmi is 32, and I wanted to lose weight before I got as far as it causing health issues (Dietician) thats all very well and good, but we dont have time to do this for everyone (me) I am guessing most people dont make appts themselves, they are refferred after getting a health issue. (Dietician) that is how the system works, you get a refferal after an issue arises. (me) so, what can I do to prevent an issue arising and lose weight, (Dietician) here is a leaflet, bye. (me) closed the door behind me.

hopefully there will be people on here who can give you a more positive experience of an NHS dietician. maybe you will get a better experience if you go privately.

good luck, and my advice is to give sw a fair go for a few weeks and see how you get on.

x

compared to the restrictions of ww, sw does feel like a lot i know.
x

Isnt it funny how we see things differently, I found SW incredibly restrictive and feel I have SO much more freedom on WW lol But then thats why were not all doing the same diets.

Dont give up yet.... different diets take a bit of getting used to and SW is very different to WW. It might be SW isnt for you but dont rule it out til you get weighed in - you might be pleasantly surprised :)

If you havent lost anything then you can decide what to do, not really sure a dietician will help much, as its already been said, theyll refer you to something like WW or SW.

Hi welcome to MM and SW, fab advice as always, just wanted to pick up on your point about "wonder if this diet is for people with really bad attitudes to food before and loads of weight to lose" (which didn't offend (not me anyhow) :p)

I guess the answer to this is yes, and no. If (like me) you had really bad food habits SW eases you into changing them by being able to 'eat as much as you want' however this isn't a requirement!! You don't have to stuff yourself for it to work, just eat until you're full :)

Everyone always says they can't believe how much they are eating, it's not how much you're eating it's what you're eating and SW have 40 years of success in letting you eat 'loads' while actually eating less calories that before - genius!

Good luck on your weight loss journey
Natt xxx

Honestly I can't see how I will lose weight on this and wonder if this diet is for people with really bad attitudes to food before and loads of weight to lose. Sorry, hope I haven't offended anyone. I have about 10 kgs to lose.:eek:
Any pearls of wisdom?TIA
There's a mixture of people doing SW it's not just for people who have bad attitudes to food. I've never had a bad attitude to food, I've always cooked from scratch and I love veggies. I like my food and I like my wine that's why I need to lose weight which when I started was about 14kg so not a huge amount more than you. I think people do SW for all different reasons, mine's are I enjoy my food and like to be able to eat if I want. I've tried WW and all I ended up doing was eating lots of crisps and drinking wine when crisps wasn't even something I used to eat before it was actually starting to give me a bad attitude to food that I'd never had before. So give SW a try and see how you like it, it might or might not be for you. Good luck xx

I've tried WW and all I ended up doing was eating lots of crisps and drinking wine when crisps wasn't even something I used to eat before it was actually starting to give me a bad attitude to food that I'd never had before.

OMG are you my lost sister!? lol that is exactly what happened to me on WW! because I had to count healthy food, I used to save all my points for unhealthy food! go and work that out!

but on sw, I just eat so much healthy food, I rarely have space or inclination for unhealthy food. I love it.

OMG are you my lost sister!? lol that is exactly what happened to me on WW! because I had to count healthy food, I used to save all my points for unhealthy food! go and work that out!

but on sw, I just eat so much healthy food, I rarely have space or inclination for unhealthy food. I love it.
'Hey sister really really nice to meet ya, I just met this 4ft 7 boy who's just my type, I like the way he's speaking his confidence is peaking, don't like his baggy jeans but I like the way he's thinking'....sorry American boy popped into my head when you asked if I was your lost sister lol :D but yes that's exactly what happened to me so glad I'm not alone! :)

Back