Have my "introduction meeting" on Sunday

kookiethekat

Hi all

Well at 10 stone overweight and having tried and failed at every diet I have tried. I am plunging into Lighter Life Total.

I have my intro meeting on Sunday and am trying to prepare myself for starting.

Any hints and tips from members? I don't know whether to go on slimfast for breakfast and lunch and have a normal dinner, just to get me into the habit of only having liquid lol

I've been stuffing my face lately :sigh:

Hi Kookie,

First of all welcome to the forum. I've got my fourth weigh in tonight and without the help of some of the fabulous peeps on here there is no way I would have made it. If you need the answers to anything you will get the answers here.

Regarding getting started my top tips would be to start drinking more water (plain), as you will be drinking far more than you probably already do.

You should also start to wean yourself of carbs. Just cut back gradually as this will make the first three days of the plan far better. The liquid side of it isn't actually too bad. You will adjust fairly quickly. I did do slimfast before Chrismas for a couple of weeks before I even knew that I'd be doing LL and it did probably help, I'd wait to see what some of the more knowledgable ladies/gent say.

Also clear your cupboards where you can of things that you think are likely to tempt you.

My other big tip would be to clear your diary for the weekend after you start. I felt a big wiped out and needed some quality time with myself.

Good luck!! The results are amazing, just look at some of the others posters stats to see what they have achieved.

~ gingette

Hi and welcome!

I actually didnt prepare at all, in fact quite the opposite. The support you will find on her is brilliant, so many questions answered also so many inspirational people offering words of comfort and wisdom.

The programme itself is easy to follow. I am into week 2 now, the first week was a breeze with the exception of WATER! Yuk, hate the stuff and struggle with it on a daily basis.

Good luck! x

Thank you. I don't know wether to gorge and deal with the carb come down or try and cut down

Either was I am really excited, more excited than I have been about any diet to be honest.

I can just feel this is going to work

Hi, I actually gorged like it was going out of fashion. The Sat before i started I went out on with a group of mates and got soooooo drunk (i dont normally do that) i think it was a mixture of knowing it had to stop to get to where i needed to be and emotional stuff. Either way i dont know how my friends got me to an indian at the end of the night, they did and i ate it without a care in the world.....
I was dreading the carb come down, but to be honest i have not suffered at all, it hasn't been challenging, but its early days yet.
I understand where you are coming from about this going to work, i too feel like this is going to work for me, my head is in the zone! Good luck x

Back