Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Have u got any cravings?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by big bear, 17 August 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    With my son I craved cornflakes with ice cold milk.

This time it's ice & ice lollies. I checked with mw as sometimes sign of low iron but all fine.

I just love the crunchiness of it. I have to have it at least 3 times a day.

Have you had any?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Mine is Ice too!!!!
    I just can't get enough of it! I've craved ice with every pregnancy. I Haven't had any other cravings really apart from fancying cheesy things. With my last pregnancy it was gravy and roast dinners.
    Hmm I'm gonna keep an eye on what I eat now, to see if theres a trend! I have noticed that when I'm pregnant my usual sweet tooth disappears and I prefer savoury foods. Will be interseting to see what everyone else craves!

4. bajoleth

bajoleth Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.5%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I always tend to crave cheese, I just love cheese and onion in a crusty roll mmmm, nothing really unusual though;)

5. mummytummy

mummytummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.38%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Ummmmm orange juice! I could literally drink pints of it a day, but I do try to behave myself!lol

6. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

Salt! I don't usually touch the stuff, although I live in the tropics and people always say you need extra salt in hot climates. I don't add it to any cooking at all or to any food. But in both pregnancies I have a bit of a thing for it. Stops again the second I've had the baby!

Also kiwis and oranges and apples - actually fruit in general.

I'm usually a chocoholic but in pregnancy I'm not that attracted to chocolate - I wish I found it so easy to ignore in normal life. :)

7. sarahG31

sarahG31 New Mum :)

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(12.45%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating whilst breast feeding
    No cravings, no aversions :( I soooo wanted to experience what it felt like to crave something too (I guess there's maybe still time?).

I read if you're having a boy you can crave savoury things, and if it's a girl you crave sweet things (old wives tales, although some are ringing true, then again some have a 50/50 chance of being right!), but I've not found that. I have been naughty in eating more desserts, but that's because I'm not putting too much weight on so just having what I usually say I can't. But that's all set to stop (she says after finishing an M&S fruit tart!) now we're back home and now I'm set to hit the bigger growth spurt stages. One a week except on special occasions ;)

8. lisalulu

lisalulu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ditto... craved salt in 2 of my 3 pregnancies. Like you, I'm not usually a 'user' but I'm ashamed to say during pregnancy I have to stop myself pouring some into a small bowl, dipping my finger in and licking it off.

I craved washing powder with my first, it got to the stage where I couldn't step into the utility room so hubs did the washing and ironing ;) This time around, the only thing other than salt that I've had a hankering for is Scotch. I would do anything to crave something edible, but pregnancy seems to trigger Pica in me!

9. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

I've done that!! Normally I won't even eat things that have been cooked in salted water as the salt tastes so strong and vile to me. But in pregnancy I can lick salt...

10. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I have no cravings, when do they start?

11. mummytummy

mummytummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.38%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    They can start anytime!!! Some people don't experience them at all. With this baby and my first my craving kicked in as soon as the sickness stopped x

12. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lighter life /slim and save
    grapes !!
    ate kilos of them in the beggining.
    went right off red wine and coffee :0) (good thing of course )

13. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Oooh just remembered I craved tangerines during my first pregnancy, would eat a bag full in a couple of days!!! Also with the 1st I desperately wanted Whippy or McDonalds Ice cream, but I didn't have any as I'd read somewhere it wasn't that safe during pregnancy (unfortunately!). I also remembered working in an icecream kiosk and remembered how unsanitary those ice cream machines can be if not properly cleaned and sterilised!

Still waiting for a serious craving with this pregnancy.... apart from the ice cubes of course.... sitting here crunching ice as I type! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.