Have u hit a weight loss 'wall'?

Tinkerbellarella

overworked underpaid mum!
Okay so this is REALLY bugging me now. I've lost 5 st so far, but the last month my losses have slowed to 1/2-1lb per week. Which is really not helping my motivation. I still have 1st 7lbs to target and this last bit is gonna take FOREVER to go. Anyone else with big losses find they hit a 'wall'? If so when did it happen for you and did u overcome it? I neeed to pick up the losses somehow

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

At least you're still losing :) I'd be flipping greatful for that! :)

My stats show that I've pretty much stayed the same for at least a month. My consultant says that I need my syns to stay at 10 to lose weight since I dont have that much to lose (to me it still feels like I have plenty to lose).

Another 1/2 off. Doing my swede right in. Still 1 1/2lbs to my sw 4 1/2 st award. Bummed.

Me, me, me!! I'm almost exactly the same as you, I feel your pain as I'm slammed into the wall at the moment with still a couple of stone to go before target. My losses have been pretty pitiful since Christmas - 22lbs in 26 weeks and I'm on plan 100% all the time. Getting to my 6 stone from 5 was more of a slog than the rest put together.

Have you seriously lost 5 stone since the beginning of the year?? If so, that's an amazing loss and maybe your body just needs to calm down a bit and adjust. I know that sounds lame, but that's a really quick loss, quicker than average by some way.

Anyway, sadly I don't know how to help you as I'm not heading for a loss this week either. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and if you find that elusive answer please let me know!

Yeah i have, i know it's a big deal, but i have just 8 1/2 lbs to my pre op target. I expected to hit it weeks ago. Then i'm dropping my target to 11st (i'm 5'9) so so fed up of 'trickle losses' it's just so annoying!

Hi there, been pretty much in the same boat, lost 10st 2lb so far and due to my own stupidity put 3lb back on last week, but prior to that slip like you I had been losing very small amounts ..March and April, I only lost 1.5lb in the 2 months combined...so like you I was looking for something to boost it and I found it in the superfood challenge....I have really upped my super free foods, lowered my water intake to 2 litres a day from 3 litres and upped my syns from an average 7-10 a day to 12-14 a day and lowered my exercise from 2-3 hours a day to 1 hour a day and incorporated weights instead and over the 3 weeks prior to last week I lost 3lbs, 3.5lbs and 5.5lbs, and I had a sneaky peek at my weight today (WI is tomorrow night for me and I know it can change drastically), but I had lost another 5lb (will update that tomorrow)...it worked for me (so far) and it could work for you, gl whatever you choose xx

Wow and wow! I can't pick up the super speed challenge right now but was thinking of increasing my exercise though, i neeeed to start the couch to 5k app thing tonight, and get 1/2-1 hour in on the wii too.

Hi there, been pretty much in the same boat, lost 10st 2lb so far and due to my own stupidity put 3lb back on last week, but prior to that slip like you I had been losing very small amounts ..March and April, I only lost 1.5lb in the 2 months combined...so like you I was looking for something to boost it and I found it in the superfood challenge....I have really upped my super free foods, lowered my water intake to 2 litres a day from 3 litres and upped my syns from an average 7-10 a day to 12-14 a day and lowered my exercise from 2-3 hours a day to 1 hour a day and incorporated weights instead and over the 3 weeks prior to last week I lost 3lbs, 3.5lbs and 5.5lbs, and I had a sneaky peek at my weight today (WI is tomorrow night for me and I know it can change drastically), but I had lost another 5lb (will update that tomorrow)...it worked for me (so far) and it could work for you, gl whatever you choose xx

I just wanted to say congratulations on your fabulous weight loss. You have done so well.

I am going to give your advice a whirl. I desperately need to get my ass into gear again.

Thank you for your inspiration.

I just wanted to say congratulations on your fabulous weight loss. You have done so well.

I am going to give your advice a whirl. I desperately need to get my ass into gear again.

Thank you for your inspiration.

Thank you , I feel so much better even tho I still have about 9st to go to get to target but this time I know I will make it !!

You are most welcome hun, like I said it worked for me...I had been losing an average half pound a week then to get just 1lb off in March and then 1/2 lb off in April really peed me off...so I saw the superfood challenge and I was away...I always thought I ate loads of superfree till I took on the challenge and I can honestly say I have doubled it...I average probably 15-20 a day ...mostly in soups but they count..oh and soup that's another good one ...on you tube is a programme in 6 parts if I remember correctly, called 10 Things you need to know about losing weight...well worth watching very informative and a good source of the right foods to eat to keep you fuller and also advice on eating fats ...big wake up call for me after watching it ...it's all worth a try...gl filly and all you other ladies xxx

We all hit a wall at some point as we have got to the stage where we are eating exactly the right number of calories to actually maintain our current weight.
The only way to get past it is to eat fewer calories I'm afraid to kick your body into losing again.

Reducing your syns, reducing your portion size and eliminating snacks is, I'm sorry, the only way forward.

I got stuck for 5 weeks with a single solitary 1/2 lb going on and off. Last week I dropped from 15 syns a day to 5 and lost 4 lbs in a week. Having gone back to 15 again this week I think I'm going to have a gain or a STS at best !!!

I've hit a mini-plateau recently as well. I lost 0.5 pounds for four weeks in a row, then 1 pound the next week. I still have over 2.5 stone to lose before I get to target, so I figure there's no real reason why I shouldn't be able to sustain an average of 2lbs a week for a bit longer.

This week I decided to try exercising a bit more to beat the plateau. I ate pretty much the same as usual, but I did the 30-day shred five times (a killer 20-minute workout) on top of my usual gym time (this week I did half an hour on the treadmill, an hour high-intensity step aerobics class, an a 45-min legs, bums and tums class).

Happy to say that I lost 3lbs this week :)

We all hit a wall at some point as we have got to the stage where we are eating exactly the right number of calories to actually maintain our current weight.
The only way to get past it is to eat fewer calories I'm afraid to kick your body into losing again.

Reducing your syns, reducing your portion size and eliminating snacks is, I'm sorry, the only way forward.

I got stuck for 5 weeks with a single solitary 1/2 lb going on and off. Last week I dropped from 15 syns a day to 5 and lost 4 lbs in a week. Having gone back to 15 again this week I think I'm going to have a gain or a STS at best !!!

Its not the only way forward. There are other techniques to be tried, red week, green week, fish week, speed food challenge, up-your-water-week, even a one-off off plan day (just dont go on the scales next day because you'll cry!) to kick-start your metabolism. You dont HAVE to cut down to kick-start, you just have to trick your body into action.

I went on to do a red week, dropped 3lbs, then 2lbs then i gained 1/2lb this week. Coz i was naughty as hell!lol i am not too bothered about a bad week as long as getting back on plan sees a loss

I was lucky in that I had large losses to reach target- twice (with different targets).

I found the secret to MY success was the killer combination of alternating plans every single day and unbelievable amounts of body magic. Agree completely with Original/fish weeks!

I substituted watching TV with going for walks. A couple of hours walking lost me a load more than a couple of hours TV;)

Body magic, variety of plans, alcohol free - pretty hardcore but was worth it:)

Its not the only way forward. There are other techniques to be tried, red week, green week, fish week, speed food challenge, up-your-water-week, even a one-off off plan day (just dont go on the scales next day because you'll cry!) to kick-start your metabolism. You dont HAVE to cut down to kick-start, you just have to trick your body into action.
Hi MLM
Unfortunately I've tried all these and they just didn't work for me. The only way I kick-started it was by eating less. I know a few other people who have had to do the same too.

Would u not risk starvation mode by that though? Thought if u are dieting u need to have at least 1200 calories per day to prevent this starvation mode from happening? I dunno. Still at me wall. Darn 12st 7lbs is just me i think!

You're right Annika - you have to be really careful not to go below a certain number of calories or else starvation mode will kick in. I ate my normal quanties at meals and just cut down on the syns for a week (I normally have my whole 15 so cut back to 5) by swapping my synful snacks to fruit - and fortunately it worked for me. I was stuck around 12:12 for 6 weeks and wanted desperately to get to 12:7 as that is my 4 st shiney. Didn't quite make it - and not likely to this week either as I've not had a good week.

Back