Have you tried Butter Buds?

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, has anyone tried Butter Buds (available from Lakeland)? They are little sachets of 'buds' that taste like butter but only 5 cals per sachet- great for using in mash, JPs, pasta, veg, if you like/miss the taste of butter in things! I haven't tried them yet but my friend has bought some for me and she tried them last night and said they're really good!X

Hi,
I got some from lakeland after reading about them on here. I have (so far) only tried them on pasta and veg, and to be totally honest, I couldn't take the difference.
Tomorrow I will try them on a jacket potato and will let you know. I also thought the use by date was quite short (Aug 2010) when I only brought them a couple of weeks ago. That said, I didn't notice til I got them home, I very very much doubt I will but them again.

I love them!! I add them to mash with a little milk and over cooked veg to glaze. They are brilliant. I posted about them a couple of months ago on this page but they got moved to 'where the bargains are'?!?!?

Kitchen gadget shops - used to be called Lakeland Plastics. They have branches across the country, just check their website for your local one.

they are 7 cals each and work out at half a syn each

I have been using them for a couple of years and never leave salisbury (nearest lakeland) without them
you can get them at lakeland online store too

Back