Having a bit of a struggle

thejoyofanonymity

Hi everyone,

I've posted a few times today but overall, I'm panicking abit about the SW ee plan - I'm not going to classes and just trying to teach myself it but I'm finding it a bit tough - probably because I don't know what the best things to have/to avoid are.

Am I better going to a class for a bit to get used to it, or are there folk on here who have 'gone it alone' and managed - don't want to try by myself and end up getting nowhere as there's nothing more disheartening.

Feel like I'm asking a million questions on here - sorry!

Do you have the books? I tried to do it alone for the first week and had a few recipe books but I didn't have the food optimising book you get when you join. Once I joined and I had a big read through of that book I did understand it all a lot clearer but I know some people who have had big successes going it alone. I think it's more of a personal thing.

It might be a good idea to have a look through some of the food diary's on here to give you an idea of what you could eat. :)

Good luck either way!!

Emily x

I have the food optimising book, but no other books. I think my main thing is what is free, and what isn't. And getting used to what I can, and can't have. It's just a bit tough to start off with.
I'll definitely read through the previous food diaries I think, as that seems to be a good way to start :)

Hi ya,
I lost my weight on my own, however i grew up with my Mum doing SW, so knew all the rules and what was free and stuff etc anyway. so i had all her old books to use. Hubby does now go to group so we got all the new books and access to the SW online syns etc.
It is possible to do it alone, depends how good your motivation is. I am highly motivated, so i wanted to lose weight, i just got on with it. If i didnt put in the effort i wasnt going to lose.
But it can be done alone, and this site is FAB, better than some groups i think..... with the input of so many people.

READ READ and RE READ the optimising books, so you get it learned whats free and whats not.

Hi
I go it alone, but while using all the books from about 4 years ago when I joined a class for about 2 months.
I don't think I could do it without the books as they give all the guidelines to the plan. They are a bit out of date though so I use this forum for all up-to-date info.
Like Honey says it does depend on your motivation - and I do struggle on weeks when I don't feel completely motivated. Not sure if a group would change this, but the important thing is to recognise when you've strayed away from plan, pick yourself up and start again the next meal/day/week.
I find writing a food diary on here really helps you keep track of how you're doing so would recommend you do that if going alone.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do x

I tried going it alone and lost 10lbs but then got bored with eating the same things every week as I didn't know what else I could have.

I've been going to class for about 7 weeks now and the books are really helpful plus the people are a real motivation too.

You should give the classes a go, i signed up for 6 weeks just to test it out and am now signed up til xmas :)

I have the food optimising book, but no other books. I think my main thing is what is free, and what isn't. And getting used to what I can, and can't have. It's just a bit tough to start off with.
I'll definitely read through the previous food diaries I think, as that seems to be a good way to start :)

When you say have the food optimising book is it the right one - there is an old recipe book of that name but the one that tells you all the free foods you only get in class

The old book looks like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slimming-W...2545/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1286990123&sr=8-5

This one is really out of date and does not have the detail of the plan that you need

I've got the most recent one - and I only know because my friend (who recently signed up online) gave it to me for reference.

Think I might sign up to some classes in a few weeks or so, if nothing else to see which way works best for me anyway :)

I am doing Body Optimise online. I find it really good. I didn't want to go to classes (for a number of reasons including time) but the prompt to weigh in every week really helps on Body Optimise. It also has loads of tips and recipes (although I've learnt from this forum - nowhere near as much as you'd get in a class). I think it's about the same price and you can buy the recipe books but you don't get the extra booklets that I think you can sometimes get at class.

Doing it alone can work - there are people here who have but I'm not sure I would manage to keep it up. But I'm so pleased with how it's going on Body Optimise, so I would really recommend it.

Good luck whatever you decide !

Gail x

Back