having a break for an event

littlemissspendthrift

impossible is nothing
evening all

i was wondering if you could offer some advice.... im due to start the CD on thurs and im looking forward to it.
i wont have a problem staving off the alcohol or food at all except for one thing..
im not going on holiday this year but i do go to a 2 day festival at the end of july which i have been looking forward to all year. would i be able to come off the diet for 4 or so days.. still being careful what i eat, but allowing myself some alcohol? after that there isnt any other reason for the whole year why i need to drink. its just i have planned this almost a year in advance and im going with a group of friends i dont see that often and we all have a drink and a giggle. not to mention the second day is a 16hour all dayer gig.
i dont really want to put off starting CD until after the event as thats nearly 3 weeks i could have been on it.
any advice?

Thankyou :)

Hey there... well done for making the decision to start:D

My advice would be to either start when you have decided to start and just SS straight through WHATEVER event you have on... or else not start until after the event in July!!

In my opinion the first time is defo the golden time and getting back on board is really very very tough :eek::eek::eek:

How much ya got to lose??

Gen xx

a fair bit...taking it in stages..10 in total. maybe a little more. i obviously have smaller goals along the way cos 10 stone just sounds daunting!

a fair bit...taking it in stages..10 in total. maybe a little more. i obviously have smaller goals along the way cos 10 stone just sounds daunting!

yeah defo try to take it in stages but you will be amazed at how quickly it will come off!!! You can take breaks if you wish chick but seriously it is terribly hard to get back on and have a scout around the strugglers and restarters thread on here to see how very very hard it is!

honestly once you are in 'the zone' and see your weight going down and down it will get easier to resist going off the plan at events :p

not sure what exact plan you are going to do but maybe try to arrange your add a meal week around your even to so you could have some protein??

you will love the results... i promise ya :D:D:D

Gen xx

Hi hun i wouldnt recommend drinking while in ketosis u could get v poorly but if ya wanna break to eat thats up to u

What festival u going :) xxxxxxx

i think i will be on the sole source or sole source plus one. not sure yet. i think ill see how i go.
to be honest, i dont mind having the packs at the event (its cheaper and easier!!) and poss doing the AAMW on the week of the event. its the alcohol thing that bothers me. i can avoid it on nights out etc and pretty much all year as it doesnt bother me normally. its just this event - i have it instead of a holiday and i normally have a few drinks (not totally overboard)
then i read the post on here about staying off alcohol cos its dangerous. i thought well couldnt i just go back on food for 4 days so i can drink without being really really ill...

off to global gathering

will also be going creamfields, but as im driving to that i wont be drinking so that one isnt a problem.
im camping at global gathering and i really do like it.
i will have a look at the restarters thread. i guess im going to have to see how i progress on it the next 3 weeks and if i feel i can come off it and go back on i will.
if i think i will struggle to stay go back, ill try and keep on it.

i think i will be on the sole source or sole source plus one. not sure yet. i think ill see how i go.
to be honest, i dont mind having the packs at the event (its cheaper and easier!!) and poss doing the AAMW on the week of the event. its the alcohol thing that bothers me. i can avoid it on nights out etc and pretty much all year as it doesnt bother me normally. its just this event - i have it instead of a holiday and i normally have a few drinks (not totally overboard)
then i read the post on here about staying off alcohol cos its dangerous. i thought well couldnt i just go back on food for 4 days so i can drink without being really really ill...

Yeah tis dangerous... in fairness I have never felt any effects of it but people have!

I would have been the opposite of you... I would drink anytime I went out and I have to say I really didn't mind going out and not drinking... now they probably weren't the best nights I have ever had... but I saw it as a means to an end really!!

Just imagine this time next year you will be going to the festival 10 stone lighter :D:D:D:D:D:D you can drink whatever ya want ;););)

keep in touch

Gen xx

Ohhhhhhhh Global wow cool im off to V in a month and a bit canny wait!!!! I went creamfields last year but my ex was an idiot and did drugs (tut tut) and went all funny and started crying so had to get a cab back to Manchester!!!!!!!!!! (which he paid for!) xxx

oooh no never been tempted with drugs.
I normally only drink at the start of the event and from about 10 - 11pm ill just have water! im the same when i go out with my friends
if i speak to my counsellor about it when i go thursday will she be able to help me? i dont her to think im doing it half heartedly.:cry:

Me neither he was an idiot hence being an ex ha ha ha going with my current fella to v who gets drunk of 1 ppint bless him clean cut boy he is ha ha. U could if u really want to eat a week before so ure out of ketosis but it is VERY hard to get back on the CD wagon ha ha i know!!!

Back