Having a go at 5/2 :) Please let me get to goal!!!

claireyfairey

Hello, all - thought I'd stop by and keep a diary here seeing as I am having a go at fasting 2 days a week - this is similar to JUDDD I think, so is it okay if I post here?

Little introduction: I'm Claire, I'm 27, mummy to Isla who will be 4 on the 29th of this month and about to enter my 2nd year of a teaching degree at Uni of Hertfordshire :) I am currently roughly 11st...when I started uni I was 9st 9lbs! Ooops. Gained my fresher's 15! I want to get back to a weight where I am comfortable. In the past I have lost weight on weight watchers - discovery and pro points but I've found this time round that the structure is so hard to follow - I just don't seem to be able to do it. I watched the Horizon programme, got intrigued and here I am :) My mother and father in law to be are following it at the moment, and so far have lost 4lbs in 2 weeks - let's hope have similar success!

Yesterday was not a fasting day, think I averaged 1700 - 1800 calories without counting. Today is my first fast - my fast days will be Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have estimated calories - too lazy to use a calculator so I tend to over estimate. If I finish this week without losing I'll rethink this strategy :)

On waking - large cup of tea with sweetener and skim milk - 20
Mid morning - coffee with sweetener and skim milk - 20
1.00pm - Tin ww chicken soup - 92
Sliced tomato dipped in ff thousand island dressing - 30
Sliced apple - 50
Coffe with skim milk and sweetener - 20
4.00pm - 6 small silverskin onions - 10
6.00pm - Chunks of melon and grapes pot - 60
8.00pm - 1 quorn fillet - 46
Steamed spring greens, green beans and broccoli - 70
Small amount of gravy - 15
SF Jelly - 10
Tea with skim milk and sweetener - 20
1 bourbon biscuit - 68

TOTAL: 531

So I went a little bit over, but think my calories were over yesterday so don't think it will be too bad. I think I probably underestimated my green veg - it was a rather large portion, but I'm not too concerned as it was veg for heaven's sake and I'm not going to start weighing my broccoli!!!

Just thought I'd also add, I'm on day 2 of giving up smoking...I know, I know, I must be nuts and a sucker for punishment...I've done nothing but want to eat all day and not smoking either has been hard - I totally do NOT want to be a smoker any more, so I am happy not to smoke and proud of myself for going 48 hours without a fag but ***** it's been hard restricting cals too! :D

Well, off to enjoy my biscuit and cup of tea before I go to bed :) Looking forward to being a healthier, thinner version of myself :)

Hi, Well done for completing your first DD:). All the better for it being combined with stopping smoking. I put on 2 stone when I gave up 8yrs ago!! However I have to say its the best thing I ever did. Best of Luck & enjoy the journey/

Thanks all! Spent last night in A&E with my daughter, but I didn't eat or smoke to deal with it so am pretty proud of myself :) She's absolutely fine, just a viral infection but she gave us a bit of a fright for sure :(

Today is a non fasting day and I've really enjoyed it! Haha. Here's what I've had:

2 crumpets with lurpak light and marmite. Tea. - 300
Couscous salad with beans, cucumber, tomato, black olives and small amount of feta cheese. 1 banoffee activia yogurt. - 550
Homemade blackberry and coconut cake with a cup of tea. - 200

My dinner will be 1 salmon en croute with vegetables and lf mayo (about 550) and I may have an apple later too (50).

Total estimated cals today are: 1650. I'm happy with that :) Even if that's not right, I doubt it's more than 1800 max :)

Well, I've been a bit naughty this evening - I had a couple of oven chips with my dinner, and have had 2 white wine and diet lemonades this evening :) Hardly appalling, and I wanted to celebrate my 72 hour no smoking achievement!!! Dead chuffed with myself :) Wish I felt better though, am coming down with Isla's (my daughter) cold and feel quite rubbish this evening. Never mind. Thought I would plan tomorrow before I go to bed so I'm prepared for tomorrow :)

Up at 7am, will drink 2 cups of tea/coffee throughout the morning - 40
1pm - Tin tuna - 147
Mayo - 30
Lettuce - 10
Tomato - 20
Cucumber - 10
Celery - 20
3.00pm - Tea - 20
7.00pm - 1 quorn fillet, large pile of green vegetables, small amount of gravy. - 131
9.00pm - Tea - 20
1 raw carrot - 35
1 apple - 50

TOTAL - 533

Happy with this :)

TOTAL:

Hello all :)

Today is going well, stuck to my plan so far but didn't have the celery, so have 20 calories to eat still if I want to, or could just forget them I guess :)

welcome, quitting the ciggies and dieting, respect is due, mind you this isnt like dieting.

claireyfairey said:
Hello all :)

Today is going well, stuck to my plan so far but didn't have the celery, so have 20 calories to eat still if I want to, or could just forget them I guess :)

Go wild Claire, eat your celery! ;)

P x

Hi all....well, last week didn't go to plan unfortunately! I kept off the fags which I am chuffed about but ended up eating WAY too much and gained 3lbs :( I am due on this week so that might help to explain the extreme weight gain but I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. Start weight is now 11st 1lb :(

DD's are now Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays :)

Milk for tea/coffee - 80
Sweetcorn and rice soup - 204
Apple - 50
Quorn fillet - 49
Spring greens, broccoli and green beans - 75
Gravy - 15
WW toffee yogurt - 50

TOTAL: 533

Wish me luck!!!

claireyfairey said:
Hi all....well, last week didn't go to plan unfortunately! I kept off the fags which I am chuffed about but ended up eating WAY too much and gained 3lbs :( I am due on this week so that might help to explain the extreme weight gain but I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. Start weight is now 11st 1lb :(

DD's are now Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays :)

Milk for tea/coffee - 80
Sweetcorn and rice soup - 204
Apple - 50
Quorn fillet - 49
Spring greens, broccoli and green beans - 75
Gravy - 15
WW toffee yogurt - 50

TOTAL: 533

Wish me luck!!!

Sounds fabulous :) You don't need luck just conviction :) xx

Thanks Yoga :) I'm sure I've gone a little over on the calories - had rather a large plate of veg! :eat: I figure the calories will be minimal and I've done a lot of walking today so hope it won't make too much of a difference. Well looking forward to my UD tomorrow, woohoo!

Today is an UD - YAY! Having some bad cigarette cravings so am consoling myself with food :break_diet:

B: 2 crumpets with lurpak light and marmite. Tea with skimmed milk.
Snack: Banana chips. Coffee with skimmed milk.
Lunch: 2 homebake rolls with hm egg mayo (light mayo). Tinned pineapple.

Dinner is going to be quiche, pasta salad and salady bits from Morrisons, followed by either a cider or a beer as I really fancy one!

Having a glass of red wine with my dinner :) It's a weight watchers quiche so not too calorific hopefully :) Am going to snaffle a bit of my mum's shortbread too, nom nom!

claireyfairey said:
Having a glass of red wine with my dinner :) It's a weight watchers quiche so not too calorific hopefully :) Am going to snaffle a bit of my mum's shortbread too, nom nom!

Oooh all sounds yummy :) x

Plan today, DD:

Milk for tea/coffee - 80
Batchlors creamy cheese pasta pot shot - 166
Celery sticks - 20
Apple - 50
1 quorn fillet - 49
Huge pile of veg - 75
Gravy - 15
Yogurt - 50

TOTAL: 515

Back