Having a sulk

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Im 26...nearly 27...and yet im sat here sulking like a 6 or 7 year old!

I really want to go away on holiday this year but can't afford it. Everyone elses holidays are coming around and it's all i'm starting to hear about. Im proper jealous!

So yeah, i'm sitting here, having a good sulk whilst eating pickled onions. Meh!

Oh well, sorry for the rant, happy Tuesday all xxxx

its horrid isn't it! Last year we decided to save money by staying in this country. We went to Devon and still ended up spending half of what we would going abroad. I was so jealous when everyone was going on about the summer holidays! So, lesson learned, abroad we go again! (sorry to rub it in!) x
H

Last year i renewed my passport (£150 i couldnt afford) because OH promised me my first holiday abroad, an all inclusive trip for 2 weeks to mexico.

then his parents said we could save money and go some where cheaper.. then they bought us a w.e in cornwall (which i loved dont get me wrong) and it got put off and put off.. and now we have a house to pay for.

:(

aw Fern, what a pain. Its horrible when you have other outgoings. Have you bought your house or in the process of saving? perhaps try and put a spare £50 to one side each month each and see how you go? Are you limited to school hols? Cos you can get some really reasonable last minute breaks in Europe x

We rent our house, but because we hadn't planned to rent we didnt have savings because we'd just bought me a new car. We borrowed just short of 2grand from his parents and have just this month payed them off (we moved in january just gone)

Were desperatly trying to save so we can buy, but i think were coming to realise there are things we need/want to do before we become completly skint with a mortgage.

Were going to Cyprus next year. Whether he likes it or not :D

that's the attitude! I would consider thinking mortgage rather than rent as at the end you have your investment (house) whereas all the money ur paying out in rent is going nowhere. I understand its difficult to save whilst paying rent though. Would it be possible to move back in with parents for a while?
You won't necessarily be skint with a mortgage. There's lots of good interest rates around at the moment.
x

In the last 5 years i've only had a few days in New York (Brilliant, but not a relaxing holiday as such), and a couple of drunken weekends camping in Newquay. I am absolutely gagging for a proper holiday!

No chance of it this summer though as i'm still trying to find a new job!

Oh well, Maybe something to aim for next year!

ermmm....how about camping - or is that a really bad suggestion?
It can work out to be a really cheap and fun holiday, but not so good if you've got children and its pooring down :-D
The happiest holiday I've had with DH was in a tent with the children elsewhere.....

ermmm....how about camping - or is that a really bad suggestion?
It can work out to be a really cheap and fun holiday, but not so good if you've got children and its pooring down :-D
The happiest holiday I've had with DH was in a tent with the children elsewhere.....

We went to Germany in May for 4 days and camped then, it was soooo cold and rained constantly that we came home a day early. Kind of put us off to be honest! x

we lived with my mum for a year before moving, I am one of seven and our house is very packed. Eventually my relationship with my mum came to breaking point for various reasons, mostly of her own mistakes. I honestly believe we are only able to work through it now because we have space. I love living with Joe. Also moving out (depsite the fact i really really needed and wanted too) was scarey, for both of us. I'm glad we rented first rather than bought as this was scarey enough! Plus its given us a realistic idea of how we'l cope financially. I still have my nails done each week, my hair cut every four weeks, and Joe can afford to insure his modified car and run it alongside his works car, which is his treat.

We live in a beautiful house in a very sought after area which we love.. however we can't wait to own!

Essentially our money is going nowhere, that's true.. but we also benifiting from it in other ways.

xx

as long as you're happy, keep renting! Its good things with your mum are getting better.
and one of seven?! blimey! x

We went to Germany in May for 4 days and camped then, it was soooo cold and rained constantly that we came home a day early. Kind of put us off to be honest! x

aaahhh.....
I understand that! We used to go mid August, to a fantastic site in Dorset. Used to watch the sunset over Corfe Castle. Guess that we were lucky with the weather.
Mind you - we've just got our first caravan - the last few wet summers put us off a little.
Do you know anyone with a caravan you could borrow or someone who lives in a really lovely place (and could put you up for a few nights)?
I'd definitely sulk if I couldn't get away at all. xx

Ya my parents have a static caravan on Mersea Island just on the beach, they also have a beach hut right on the sand. We said we will be going there for long weekends etc but it's not far from my house at all so doesnt really feel like a proper holiday.

Listen to me making excuses! Im so hard to please :(

as long as you're happy, keep renting! Its good things with your mum are getting better.
and one of seven?! blimey! x

I'd kill to own our property, but i am happy for now.. on one hand i feel like i know my OH inside out, but then we really are still getting to know each other, we'v been together two and half years but were very aware than we may discover we hate each other at any time haha.

Yes, one of seven, with 3 more recently discovered half sisters :eek: 5 nieces and 1 nephew!

I know how you feel. I've nagged my OH so much to go on holiday, but he doesn't have a passport, we haven't even been able to save up to buy him that let alone save up for a holiday. Things just keep creeping up. We have 2 weeks off beginning of sept. I really wanted a holiday abroad, instead we are having a weeks holiday at my parents then a weeks holiday at his mums!! lol

I have told him WE ARE going on holiday next year!! But to be honest i've started learning to drive so a car will probably come before a holiday!!

Back