Having one day off - will it do major damage?

Lord LuLu

I'll have been on TS for 4 weeks tomorrow, I've been 100% the whole time with no cheats or blips. In three weeks I've lost 15lbs and anticipate another 3 or 4lbs tomorrow hopefully.

My plan was to keep going on TS for another 3 weeks until 19th December where I will have a week off for Xmas before going back on for another 6 weeks.

The thing is I have an almost unavoidable dinner on Wednesday. I don't want to go and just have chicken/veg (to stay in ketosis), I want to have a lovely meal with all the carbs and everything else that goes with it!

I know I'll be knocked out of ketosis but other than that will it cause too much damage weight wise? Has anyone else had a 'blow out' day and still lost weight over the week?

Should I start eating some protein/veg on Monday and Tuesday to prepare for real food?

It's my guess that: you will come out ketosis. You won't gain a massive amount from one meal, how cud u? You won't be able to eat much anyway, your stomach will gave prob shrunk on the four weeks. So, enjoy your meal. Listen to tour body and then straight back on it, what cud the damage be??? X

If you go carb heavy you may be shocked at what the scales say a day or two later. You MAY gain up to half a stone but it won't be fat ... it'll mostly be water-heavy glycogen returning to your liver.

If you return to TS after that, you'll probably go back into ketosis fairly quickly, the glycogen will be depleted (like in the first week) and then the losses can continue. Provided your head is in the right place and you can get back on the wagon, it won't do any major harm to your overall journey :)

Im having a meal out on Friday which has been booked at the local Italian, so I won't be able to avoid carbs. But weigh in is the day before and, as I've done this before, I know I will go back to TS the following morning and be back into ketosis quickly and carry on. Think you have been given some sound advice. The difficulty is if you can get back on TS after your night out. Good luck ;)

The real problem of having a meal as you describe is not the meal itself - but getting back on the three packets the next day. I don't think one meal makes much difference but if one meal becomes another day, another week its very detrimental. so its up to you - can you go enjoy the meal and cope with going straight back on the next day. If yes, enjoy it and don't worry.
Life is for living.

GSQ

I totally agree GSQ, the meal itself is not the problem. It's that you've given yourself license to eat something, and it is then soooooooo much harder restricting yourself to the 3 packs again. If you really can get straight back on it and be strict then it won't make much difference, if you think you'll find that difficult, is it really worth it?

Yes, you have to be strong enough to get back on those 3 packs a day. Having done this before on CD and during the xmas period, my mind is always set on what im doing, how and when and, because im strict enough, i stick to it. However i appreciate it is not easy for everyone, so as with others, you need to ask yourself if its worth it. Getting back into ketosis isnt always easy. Good luck.

As others have said it's not the meal itself that's the problem but getting focused and in the right mindset to get straight back onto it the next day as you have given yourself permission to eat. I've been there and now I'm stuck not being able to get back onto it :( I'm still trying though months down the line!

Indeed, I was really strict until my birthday in January. I came off TS to celebrate, and have struggled on and off since then, never really regaining my total commitment to the packs that I had before I came off. I really would be wary about coming off! But only you know what it's like for you, and whether the meal is worth it :)

I have been weighing myself twice a week - once on thursday as I started back on a thursday and once on a monday because it was my original WI day ( although missed yesterday so did it today instead) I was doing a doll show on sunday so I had the day off I ate a danish pastry, cheese pasta salad and pasta and a sauce for tea...all carb heavy I know but veggie food on the go with no carbs is difficult... I was showing a 2lbs loss on thursday and now I have put it back on again which is depressing as hell - so even though yes I did get back on the diet on monday...was it worth it? NO!

Back