Hayleys World

Hayleyj123

Wannabe Loser
Sunday 8th November 2009
start weight 12stone 11lb
current weight 12stone 9lb
total loss 2lb

Here I go again... I originally started Slimming World at the start of October and it all looked really promising. That was until 2 weeks ago when I had a bad week and was too ashamed to go back and weigh. My 6 1/2 loss is now a 2lb loss and I am really ashamed of myself.

Oh well, today is a new day and I intend on making the most of it.

Just a short introduction... Hi,i'm Hayley! I am 28 and a full time mum to, two little girls. Kayla who is 6 and Rebekah who is almost 3. I have always been obsessed with my weight but since my mum died 8months ago, I have started to become a bit more realistic about my health.

My largest weight loss was from 16stone 4lb to 12stone 3lb between July 2003 - December 2004. have fluctuated and been pregnant again since then but have managed to maintain to some extent.

Will update later with my meal diary for the day...

(posted this entry in the main diary section but as of today, I'm moving it here.

Yesterday Food intake diary (Extra Easy)

Breakfast
Banana and a coffee

Lunch
Penne pasta with tinned Mackerel in tomato sauce and a chopped yellow pepper

Evening meal
Roast gammon (minus fat)
Roast parsnips & roast potatoes (sprayed with fry light)
Carrots, peas and broccoli
Bisto (2.5 syns)

Evening snack
Cup of tea
Curly Wurly 6 syns

8.5 syns for the day

Thoughts.... really need to broaden my meal ideas because this is one of the reasons I gave up in the first place. Being on a tight budget usually means my needs get put aside just so the girls have enough to eat but if I plan, I can't fail!

My last post was 5 days ago and I haven't kept this up. I did start using the additional blog but gave up on that idea too. At least here, other people are more likely to read my ramblings!

As I said in my last post, I had a 2 week break from slimming world and decided to bite the bullet and get back into it. I know had gained and went back to group last Thursday. I had gained 1.5lb which wasn't as bad I previously thought. *Phew* That is easily rectifyable thank goodness.

Had a bad day yesterday and I knew I would as soon as my OH decided he wasn't hungry and wanted us to eat once the girls had gone to bed. It got to about 7pm and I was ravenous and didn't care what I ate - bad mistake :eek:. Didn't have time to make something the SW way so yesterday went right out of the window.

New start today :) whoop whoop, go me!

Here is my food diary for the day...

Sat 14th November 2009
Green Day

Breakfast
Omlette with 57g bacon (HEXb) mushrooms and tomatoes
1 slice WM toast with scraping of butter (3syns) and 1 diarylea light 17g triangle (part of HEXa)

Snack
Banana

Lunch
Jacket potato with baked beans and a dairylea light 17g cheese triangle mixed in to make cheesey beans Mmmmmm (second part of HEXa)

Dinner
Spaghetti & Meatballs made with passata, 1tbsp tomato puree (1syn), mushrooms, onions and quorn style Italian balls.

Semi skimmed milk used for second HEXa for tea and coffee
Evening treat was a curly wurly (6syns)

Butter 3syns
Tomato puree 1syn
Curly Wurly 6syns = 9syns

Last edited:
Another day, another food diary...

Green day

Breakfast
1 slice WM toast with 1 dairylea light triangle 17g (part of HEXb1 and part HEX a1)
Banana

Lunch
Cheese spread and salad sandwich with no butter (HEX b2 and remainder of HEXa1)
Clementine

Dinner
Mince hotpot made with quorn, beef oxo cube, sliced potatoes, fry light for crisping in the oven and 2 level tsps onion bisto (1syn but shared between 4) Carrots, peas and broccolli. Bisto to pour over 4tsps (2syns)

Semi skimmed milk for tea (HEX a2)

Highlights hot choc drink (2syns)

Total syns
approx 5

Has been a struggle today because the cupboards are almost empty so had to think hard so I didn't fall off the wagon again... can't afford that right now. Roll on shopping day tomorrow....

Just seeing your comments about eating whne the kids have gone to bed and being ravenous,my hubby travels with his job sometimes and i often like to wait and eat with him. I have found that if i have something like a mugshot or small tin of baked beans ,both of which are free on green or EE ( some mugshots do have syns but most are free) its just enough to tide me over-plus mugshots on offer in asda atm £1.50 for 4.

Ps one of my favourite lunches is pasta with a can of mackerel in tom sauce-have you tired it with some grated l/f cheddar ( HXA) its gorgeous!!

I love tinned mackerel with tomato sauce and sometimes mix it with baked beans to go on top of a jacket potato. That is definately on the shopping list for tomorrow.

Good idea about the mug shots, I have had them before but ran out about a week ago. Shopping day tomorrow so will stock up. Thanks for the tip :) Also stops me picking at the girls food x

Monday 16th November 2009
extra easy

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEXb) 1/4 of milk allowance (HEXa) abd sweetner
Clementine

Lunch
Wholewheat pasta with half a tin of John west tuna (no drip kind and didnt realise it had sunflower oil in but is only 2syns for wholecan.) (1syn)
Reduced fat ASDA mayo 1 tbsp (2 1/2syns)
Salad

Snack
Cup of tea made with 1/4 of HEXa milk allowance
Banana

Dinner
Iceland chicken fillets in gravy (FREE)
Flat SW chips (sliced and boiled potatoes left over from yesterdays hotpot, cooked them in fry light to become todays chips :) )
Mixed veg
3tsps bisto (1.5 syns)

Ready salted french fries 19g bag (4syns)
Clementine

Total syns = a big fat 9

Last edited:
My diary so far.... need to start writing in this early so i can keep track because I always lose my note pad.

Extra easy again today

Breakfast
2 slices WW wholemeal toast (HEXb)
Scrapings of dairylea light. I know a 17g triangle is about 2-3syns and I had just under half that amount so i will say 1.5syn)
Coffee using part of my HEXa milk allowance and a sweetner

Lunch
3 rashers of lean bacon, grilled
2 eggs scrambled using a splash of my milk allowance
1/4 tin of beans
Mushrooms
2 quorn sausages

Snack
grapes

Tea

Decided to have a mugshot about 4pm as I was peckish and we weren't having for dinner for a while. It was the chicken one and it was free. Also an apple.

Dinner
Spaghetti pasta in tomato sauce made with some passata and a tin of tomatoes plus herbs. Mushrooms and 1/4 of reduced fat sliced Mattesons sausage (2syns) Mixed salad and a tbsp of extra light ASDA mayo (1/2 syn)

French fries (4syns)

Total syns = 9

Last edited:
My day so far...
Extra Easy again

Breakfast
2 slices WW bread toasted (HEXb)
1 rasher of ALDI Be Light bacon
1 egg fried in fri light and then grilled
Thin scraping on extra light mayo on each slice

Lunch
Tomato & Herb mug shot
Banana
Apple

Dinner
Gammon
Roast potatoes with fry light
Roast parsnips with fry light
Peas, broccolli and carrots
Swede
Yorkshire pud (2syns)
4tsps bisto (2syns)

Evening snack was a curly wurly (which I had promised myself I wouldn't have LOL) (6syns)

10 syns altogether

Last edited:
Yesterday Food intake diary (Extra Easy)

Breakfast
Banana and a coffee

Lunch
Penne pasta with tinned Mackerel in tomato sauce and a chopped yellow pepper

Evening meal
Roast gammon (minus fat)
Roast parsnips & roast potatoes (sprayed with fry light)
Carrots, peas and broccoli
Bisto (2.5 syns)

Evening snack
Cup of tea
Curly Wurly 6 syns

8.5 syns for the day

Thoughts.... really need to broaden my meal ideas because this is one of the reasons I gave up in the first place. Being on a tight budget usually means my needs get put aside just so the girls have enough to eat but if I plan, I can't fail!

Just read your food plan and for an EE day, you havent had a Hea or Heb here Hun.

I usually use my HEXa for tea throughout the day and majority of the time, use my entire allowance. I think that day my cupboards were a little bare and didn't really have anything in that I'd like as a HEXb. I do usually use them :)

Lol...ok...you're forgiven!!! As long as you are eating thats the main thing! xxx

Hi just checked on syn calculator 1.5 syns for a dairylee light triangle 22.5g

I have eaten a fair bit already today - eek (but it's been good :) ) I am going to try and fit more speed and super speed foods into my diet.
Extra Easy day today

Breakfast
Banana
Coffee (using part HEXa)
Had nothing else because I was all I had time for because I was in a rush to get to group and then I had a friend over.

Lunch
Roast chicken mugshot
Wholemeal sandwich using 2 slices WW bread (HEXb)
1 tbsp extra light mayo (site says 1/2syn but I will say 1syn)
Left over gammon with fat cut off and tomatoes (s)

Snack
Blackberries(ss), strawberries (ss) and grapes with a smart price low fat yohgurt (3syns)

Evening meal
Iceland sliced beef in gravy
Potato
Cauli(s), broccolli (s) and carrots (s)
Mushy peas (ss)

Last edited:
Not updated this for a few days so thought I had better do so today. I went to a hen party on Fri night and took my own vodka but ended up attacking the buffet table so have been trying to redeem myself the past few days. Sunday was a good day, so was yesterday until I had some naughty things last night :eek:

I did weigh this morning and I haven't gained so am thankful for that and have 2 days til weigh day. I will be happy to stay the same to be honest, anything besides a gain!!

Green Day today

Breakfast

2 weetabix (HEXb) with part of my milk allowance (HExa) and some sweetner.
Apple

Lunch
3 eggs scrambled
SW chips
Baked beans

Evening meal
Morrocan chicken made with quorn chicken fillets, passata, onions, chick peas and spices. Plain couscous flavoured with chilli flakes and chicken stock.

Not got a lot of food here so can't have anymore HEX's, boooooooooo. Roll on shopping day tomorrow!!

Green Day

Breakfast
Weetabix (HEXb1)
With milk (part of HEXa1)
Sweetner

Snack
Apple
Cup of tea with milk(part of my HEXa1)

Lunch
Low fat super noodles
Slice of wholemeal bread (HEXb2)
Scraping of extra light ASDA mayo (tbsp 1/2syn but I didn't even have a tsp amount)

Evening meal
Jacket potato
Mozzarella (HEXa2)
Baked beans
1 tbsp extra light mayo (1/2syn)

Snack tonight will be Muller Light Limited Edition Lemon cheesecake (1syn)
and a cup of tea with milk (part of my HEXa1)

Want to add that I wish I had more fruit and veg today but I was so tired and wanted super quick food. Will definately make more of an effort tomorrow :)

Back