HE B question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by evilpenguin, 1 June 2010 Social URL.

1. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Hi

Sorry if this is a silly question but on red is 28g of porridge oats a HEB? Just read my book and it says I need a scan bran as well as the porridge. Can someone please confirm the books right and I've not missed anything?!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

The book is always right! (unless it's an old one!).
    Yes, you should have a scan bran to make the 28g oats a B choice as the oats alone do not contain sufficient fibre to make it so.

However, and this has been debated time and time again, you wouldn't be the first not to have the scan bran, and you won't be the last!!

Personally I have it later as a snack, or I crumble it into my porridge to bulk it out.

Some say you have to syn the oats if you don't have the "proper" B choice and this again has been debated, however SW say on their website that this is not the case.

So, in answer to your question, YES, it is 28g of oats and a scan bran for a B choice!!!

4. evilpenguin

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure as I know sometimes we miss things in the book and the HE's differ between plans! I've never had the scan bran but think I'll give it a shot :)

5. evilpenguin

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Just had my scan bran with 1 light laughing cow and some sliced ham.. was gorgeous!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.