Oats so simple, but not simple enough!

Leggoman

Hi, I'm fairly new to SW (in my second week) and I'm really confused about Oats so simple 2 minute porridge. When I received my food diary back the leader had marked that the one I was using (Oats so simple original) wasn't a healthy B choice and was 4.5 syns, but another type (oats so simple original Big bowl) could be a healthy option B choice. From what I can see they're both exactly the same, the only difference being that the Big Bowl one is...bigger! In fact according to the box this actually makes it higher in sugar, fat and salt than the smaller sachets I was using. So so confused right now. Can anyone help my head?
(these are both the original flavour, no syrups or anything)

These are what I'm confused about.

Attachments

• Oats 1.JPG
    Oats 1.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Oats 2.JPG
    Oats 2.JPG
    340 KB · Views: 154
Quaker Oats Oat So Simple Original, Big Bowl (1 x 39g) HE. 7 Syns 4g fibre

Quaker Oats Oat So Simple Original (27g sachet) 4½ Syns 2.8g fibre

The Big Bowl is near enough to the 40g serving recommended and contains enough fibre to qualify as a healthy B choice.

27g sachet is too small a portion to provide enough fibre so does not qualify as a healthy extra B choice and therefore has to be syned.

That is my understanding of how it works.

Quaker Oats Oat So Simple Original, Big Bowl (1 x 39g) HE. 7 Syns 4g fibre

Quaker Oats Oat So Simple Original (27g sachet) 4½ Syns 2.8g fibre

The Big Bowl is near enough to the 40g serving recommended and contains enough fibre to qualify as a healthy B choice.

27g sachet is too small a portion to provide enough fibre so does not qualify as a healthy extra B choice and therefore has to be syned.

That is my understanding of how it works.
Ahh right, thank you. I won't pretend to understand it yet, only being in my second week, but this is very helpful. Thank you for responding.

Back