HEa'a & HEb's - Do you think no having them...

.....effects your WI??

I have maintained this week which is fine, but after thinking I have realised that I haven't been having my HEa's this week :eek:

Do you think this may have effected my WI tonight?? Or is it just a case of having them to keep your calcium levels up??

Everyone is different! Eat the same things again this week but have your A choices and see what happens at WI!

I rarely have the full HEA, maybe using 50ml of s/s milk instead of the whole 250ml (I think its 250? not got my book handy) and I still lose, so I dunno if it really affects me! I might change to full fat milk seeing as I never use all of my allowance actually..

Your HEs are there to ensure you get a balanced diet with all the required nutrients rather than to aid your weight loss. So not having them is unlikely to affect your losses but that said, you really should be having them! When you get to target you get more HEs in order to maintain and if you're not having them at the moment (and not even noticing that you're not having them) what are you going to do then? It really isn't difficult to fit them in - using EV olive oil instead of frylight in one meal would give you a HEB! Try making a conscious effort to eat a HEB before choosing free food or a snack

Your HEs are there to ensure you get a balanced diet with all the required nutrients rather than to aid your weight loss. So not having them is unlikely to affect your losses but that said, you really should be having them! When you get to target you get more HEs in order to maintain and if you're not having them at the moment (and not even noticing that you're not having them) what are you going to do then? It really isn't difficult to fit them in - using EV olive oil instead of frylight in one meal would give you a HEB! Try making a conscious effort to eat a HEB before choosing free food or a snack

I have not not had them to aid weight loss - I don't drink milk or eat cheeses really. Like evilpenguin, I was having a part of my allowence of milk, as was having porridge for breaki each morning, but this week have been having yogurts & fruit. So its not been through me trying not to have them, just that I have changed my breakfast.

I have not not had them to aid weight loss - I don't drink milk or eat cheeses really. Like evilpenguin, I was having a part of my allowence of milk, as was having porridge for breaki each morning, but this week have been having yogurts & fruit. So its not been through me trying not to have them, just that I have changed my breakfast.

If youve changed you could always try having some of the cereal bars instead throuhout the day (The kellogs fibre plus bars are amazing.. they make me want to stop eating bread so I can have them instead!)

If youve changed you could always try having some of the cereal bars instead throuhout the day (The kellogs fibre plus bars are amazing.. they make me want to stop eating bread so I can have them instead!)

Oh I know - I LOVE them!!!:D

I am going to go back to having my porridge of a morning to ensure I am getting some milk that way - see what the next week brings :)

Thanks for the help peeps;)

i remember seeing something on the tv about how calcium can help you loose weight, im sure alex james from blur actually did this experiment and they measured how much fat was in his poo lol but it did show having the calcium helps you get rid of fat more efficiently i think

to be honest its bad but i never ever measure my healthy a allowance i have tea every day and thats all i have my healthy a on sometimes i have 1 cup a day sometimes i have 8 but im hoping it evens itself out and if i start to stick ill address it

Hi I'll admit I didn't read the whole thread but just wanted to say this...

4HE's (4 * 120) = 480 cals
480 cals x 7 days = 3360

In order to lose a 1lb per week you need to reduce your calorie in take by 500 cals per day (3500 cals per week) in order to lose a pound (on top of your normal maintenance cals) so by not having any HE's at all you will not even lose an extra pound. Plus you're not getting any of the nutrients.

This is similar to the syns rule:
15 syns = 300 cals
300 x 7 days = 2100 cals

Granted by having 0 HE's -AND- 0 syns you will probably lose weight, but then a.) you're not following SW 100% and b.) where's the fun in that 'diet'!!

Like others have said everyone's body is different but just wanted to mention this.

Best of luck slimming world-ing!

Natt xxx

Back