Head Hunger vs Stomach Hunger?

I think the Consultant is maybe just trying to reinforce the point about eating to satisfy your hunger, rather than out of habit/boredom or whatever. If you're actually hungry in the evening because you haven't eaten much all day I don't see the problem.

I have managed to limit my emotinal eating. i have been going though a bit of a though spell and i am fighting with on going depression. before when i was having a bad time i would always reach for the chocolate or the ice cream ect but now i know that is just a bad habbit i got my self into. for me now, my head hungry is always cured by drinking a big glass of water, and if that doest do it, pasta does.
Now, when i reach for the chcoalte i just think to myself "this is why you are in this mess to begin with DONT DO IT!" and that seems to point me towatds the fruit bowl instead! lol
I guess what i good about this plan is that if you are hungry then you can just eat, even if it is head hunger, i salad or a bowl of pasta is not likly to do any damage, its free food right? and you still satisfying the craving for food.

But thats just me :)

I think the Consultant is maybe just trying to reinforce the point about eating to satisfy your hunger, rather than out of habit/boredom or whatever. If you're actually hungry in the evening because you haven't eaten much all day I don't see the problem.

What you said! Yep, she was just pointing out that if I'm eating for the sake of eating (out of habit, boredom, in front of tv, etc) and I'm not actually hungry when doing so (ie for me it's usually after my dinner) then I'm not food optimising as you're supposed to eat until satisfied on SW, albeit without having to weigh and measure, but then stop.

What you said! Yep, she was just pointing out that if I'm eating for the sake of eating (out of habit, boredom, in front of tv, etc) and I'm not actually hungry when doing so (ie for me it's usually after my dinner) then I'm not food optimising as you're supposed to eat until satisfied on SW, albeit without having to weigh and measure, but then stop.

Yeah, it's very much the philosophy that underpins SW, thinking about your eating habits and trying to bring about positive change. As far as I can see your Consultant is just doing her job, it's good that she was able to raise the point and help you to rethink the habit-eating. Sounds to me like she really cares about doing her job well. :)

Back