Headaches and mullerlights ?

Cherryade

Ive had alot of mullerlights this past few days (getting back on track after a wobble) prob 2/3 a day.

Mainly frozen and mainly the vanilla and choc sprinkle one and Ive had awful headaches, like awful!!

Anyone else get this?

I notice on the ingredients they contain aspartame which has been linked with headaches and migraines, so that could be the reason.

I sometimes get a 'brain freeze' when I eat frozen foods- like a sharp piercing pain due to the cold, but this doesn't usually last very long

I guess you could see if you had a similar reaction if you ate them un-frozen OR tried plain yoghurt with just fruit to see if it is a reaction to the sweetener???

Defo do some testing as headaches are not good, mate xxxx

Do you have a problem with chocolate? I know there are only a few chocolate sprinkles in the yoghurt - but, lots of people have migraines if they eat chocolate, it was just a thought..

I have been getting this problem too. Was just telling my OH about it actually. I tried to cut them out for a week or so and was fine but i had a vanilla mullerlight yesterday and had a headache that evening.
I think I am going to just keep trying every now and then to see if it is just the vanilla or whether I get headaches with other flavours too.

Thanks for your replies :) I dont usually have a problem with sweeteners, or chocolate (well I do but not in the headache way LOL see my week 6!!). Ive tried having them cold and not frozen too. I havent had any today and I dont have a headache....how annoying cos I REALLY like them!!

How irritating, why are the good things bad for you to?:p If your eating alot of sweetners they can build up on you not worth having if they make your head hurt your more likely to fall off plan in a sulk (not a personal btw just thats what I do hee hee).

Ive actually got a really bad migrane today, and have had one a few times through the week, oh no i hope it isn't the muller lights cos i love these!!

I think theres summat in this aspartame or whatever its called biz. I havent had a muller today but had an almost instant headache after a bottle of diet coke, I drink loads of the stuff and see its got that aspartame stuff in too.

Bugger.

i had a reaction to satsumas ate 8 in 1 day and had sunstroke feeling next day i had 3 and still had the same reaction i cut it out and was fine tried again and it happened again i can only have 1 anymore than that i get reaction its mad how good food does that to u weird maybe its the mullerlight maybe have 1 pot c how u r if u love them and u still want them have half and c if that still happens x

I notice on the ingredients they contain aspartame which has been linked with headaches and migraines, so that could be the reason.

:O:O Nooooo! Judi, I avoud Aspartame like the plague, yet I eat loads of Mullers! :( Gutted, I did love the choc one :sigh:

Anyone got any other good free yoghurt ideas to replace my lovely Mullers?

K xx

Ive been whizzing up some strawberries with quark and freezing it to make strawberry icecream .... its pretty yum :)

ah i don't want to rain on your parade cherryade, but if you cook, blend or make a smoothie out of fruit it has a syn value because you are changing it's density!

Sorry to hear you've had that Cherryade. I have a friend that is really sensitive to aspartame and gets a headache as soon as she has some. She stays away from it as muh as poss, but sometimes it is sneaked into food - she can instantly tell thou - banging head!

I'd try and leave them as much as possible.

Re other options, how about mixing frozen berries with VLF fromage frais or 0% greek yoghurt? It will give that frozen pud feeling without the artificial sweetner or syns. As squiddie said, you need to be careful with blending your fruit up if you're having large quantities due to the syns, so chopping your berries or just using the frozen ones defrosted could work.

ah i don't want to rain on your parade cherryade, but if you cook, blend or make a smoothie out of fruit it has a syn value because you are changing it's density!

Strictly that's true, yes.

However, most of us here, if we are being honest, wouldn't syn them as long as you use a normal portion size of fruit!

The synning blended or cooked fruit is because it's so much easier to over-eat when it's soft or whizzed.

If cherryade uses half a punnet of strawbs per tub of quark, that would be a totally reasonable portion and personally, I'd say not to syn them. It's not strictly SW but I can't see the problem with it!

The only reason it gets synned is because your body doesn't need to use as much effort to break it down, plus it doesn't fill you up for as long.
If you've been doing it a while and getting away with it; go for it, but if you start getting sts's or gain may be something to look at :)

Strictly that's true, yes.

However, most of us here, if we are being honest, wouldn't syn them as long as you use a normal portion size of fruit!

The synning blended or cooked fruit is because it's so much easier to over-eat when it's soft or whizzed.

If cherryade uses half a punnet of strawbs per tub of quark, that would be a totally reasonable portion and personally, I'd say not to syn them. It's not strictly SW but I can't see the problem with it!

I agree Hellie, I don't syn my fruit when I blend it, etc. I think it all just comes down to moderation. There are those that would perhaps overeat it unintentionally but it really is just about being conscious about what you put in your mouth!

I'm going to give that Quark and strawberries idea a go Cherry, thanks :D

K xx

Agreed, which is why I don't syn fruit pastilles, apple pie, strawberry laces and cherry fizz bombs either AND they count to your 5 a day

...............can't think why I have STS for 3 weeks though- any thoughts anyone????

Back